+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

USA Background Check

otakta

Apr 12, 2017
Hello, I'm about to submit my paperwork and documents for a spousal sponsorship. At the same time i'm submitting a request for a background check from the FBI website. On the application sheet it asks where to mail the results to. I was wondering do I put the same address as I will be mailing my spousal sponsorship paperwork, or do I put my own address and after receiving it I mail it in myself?

otakta

Apr 12, 2017
ah just in case there's any confusion, this is for the police clearance (police certification).

Cdnpr2017

Dec 31, 2016
otakta said:
Hello, I'm about to submit my paperwork and documents for a spousal sponsorship. At the same time i'm submitting a request for a background check from the FBI website. On the application sheet it asks where to mail the results to. I was wondering do I put the same address as I will be mailing my spousal sponsorship paperwork, or do I put my own address and after receiving it I mail it in myself?
Use a channeler if you are in the USA. You will have it in 1-3 weeks. I got mine in 2. I mailed it to my address in the USA.

US2CA4LOVE

Apr 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2017
Doc's Request.
02-05-2017
AOR Received.
25-04-2017
File Transfer...
not yet
Med's Request
not yet
Med's Done....
not yet
Interview........
not yet
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
Definitely use a channeler. I used Fieldprint and I had my results in a week. You don't have to worry about mail as you create an online account where you can print and save a digital copy of your results once they are available. After you have downloaded your results they purge immediately unless you choose to have them saved for 7 days after which they are purged. Just be sure if you use them that when you login to get your results you do it from a computer where you can save the PDF and also print (in other words not your mobile device).
You can search your zip code on their website to make sure there is a fingerprint collection site in your area.

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
US2CA4LOVE said:
Definitely use a channeler. I used Fieldprint and I had my results in a week. You don't have to worry about mail as you create an online account where you can print and save a digital copy of your results once they are available. After you have downloaded your results they purge immediately unless you choose to have them saved for 7 days after which they are purged. Just be sure if you use them that when you login to get your results you do it from a computer where you can save the PDF and also print (in other words not your mobile device).
You can search your zip code on their website to make sure there is a fingerprint collection site in your area.
Interesting that it took a week for your results to come back. We hadn't even driven out of the parking lot of the place they collected my fingerprints and I had an e-mail letting me know that my results were ready.

viva-c

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Toronto, ON
danawhitaker said:
Interesting that it took a week for your results to come back. We hadn't even driven out of the parking lot of the place they collected my fingerprints and I had an e-mail letting me know that my results were ready.
I also used Fieldprint and had my results about a minute after submitting the prints.

otakta

Apr 12, 2017
ah I can't use a channeler due to my status here in the US =[. Thanks for the suggestions though.

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
viva-c said:
I also used Fieldprint and had my results about a minute after submitting the prints.
how does field print work?

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
jeff198901 said:
how does field print work?
https://www.fieldprint.com/

They have a lot of useful information on there.

In my case, the place that scanned my fingerprints was a FedEx office. Fieldprint called me after I scheduled an appointment to confirm the purpose of the appointment. It was $50 to have my fingerprints scanned and receive a PDF with the results. I personally found it simpler and more appealing than dealing with getting fingerprints and mailing it off to the FBI, especially considering the difference in the amount of time to get the results back.

It's unfortunate the option of a channeler isn't available to non-US citizens/PRs.

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
danawhitaker said:
https://www.fieldprint.com/

They have a lot of useful information on there.

In my case, the place that scanned my fingerprints was a FedEx office. Fieldprint called me after I scheduled an appointment to confirm the purpose of the appointment. It was $50 to have my fingerprints scanned and receive a PDF with the results. I personally found it simpler and more appealing than dealing with getting fingerprints and mailing it off to the FBI, especially considering the difference in the amount of time to get the results back.

It's unfortunate the option of a channeler isn't available to non-US citizens/PRs.
do you get a print out that is accepted by CIC?

GodGrace88

Apr 12, 2017
Visa Office......
KVO
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2016
File Transfer...
December 1, 2016
Interview........
03/13/2017
Passport Req..
05/02/2017
VISA ISSUED...
Done
LANDED..........
Done here with the love of my Life!!!!
Send it to a Usa address it took 2 days to reach miami mailbox

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
jeff198901 said:
do you get a print out that is accepted by CIC?
I got mine from Fieldprint in June, sent my application to IRCC in September, and got approved without another word from them in early February. I landed in March. I included a printed copy of the PDF, as well as the receipt from Fieldprint.

They can change their policies from time to time regarding what they accept, but I haven't heard of anyone recently having issues with using Fieldprint.

Aganbold

Jul 27, 2016
When they ask for a "police certificate" do they want it from Canada as well for inland applicants if spent more than 6 months in Canada?