+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US residents, connect here and lets share ideas....

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
some1us said:
Yes FSW. Don't have nomination.
Hey some1us, your timeline is exceptional! All other FSW USA applicants had their BG check start 137-142 days after their AOR. And then they got their PPR 6-10 days after their BG started.
This is based on five April/May applicants from USA who shared their timeline. Another US applicant from July is still waiting, which suggests that the timeline is still applicable to newer applicants.
The fact that you got your BG started about a month earlier is truly exceptional, and it also gives hope that there might be a recent change in timelines. Maybe August applicants will be processed a little faster? Even though you were invited as an FSW applicant, did you have a professional Canadian experience?

some1us

Nov 16, 2015
tomneversfield said:
Hey some1us, your timeline is exceptional! All other FSW USA applicants had their BG check start 137-142 days after their AOR. And then they got their PPR 6-10 days after their BG started.
This is based on five April/May applicants from USA who shared their timeline. Another US applicant from July is still waiting, which suggests that the timeline is still applicable to newer applicants.
The fact that you got your BG started about a month earlier is truly exceptional, and it also gives hope that there might be a recent change in timelines. Maybe August applicants will be processed a little faster? Even though you were invited as an FSW applicant, did you have a professional Canadian experience?
I see. No tomneversfield. No Canadian experience either. I really hope that the cases are being processed faster than in the past. So it's been 3 business days since BG check started. Per your observations of previous cases, next week the decision should be made (hoping/praying for positive one). I will let you guys know. Let's see. Good luck to all of us.

some1us

Nov 16, 2015
tomneversfield said:
Tomneversfield, based on your observations, PPR after 6-10 was only applicable to US residents? You got me energized and I have been checking this forum and mycic/ecas!

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
some1us said:
Tomneversfield, based on your observations, PPR after 6-10 was only applicable to US residents? You got me energized and I have been checking this forum and mycic/ecas!
Yes.. those are the ones that I tracked... 6-10 days and it's not business days.. calendar days! So hopefully by November 27th you'll have gotten PPR!! It took you only 104 days to get background check started. You are already an exception, I hope your PPR comes very soon as well!
By the way, what was your score and what's your NOC code?

some1us

Nov 16, 2015
tomneversfield said:
Yes.. those are the ones that I tracked... 6-10 days and it's not business days.. calendar days! So hopefully by November 27th you'll have gotten PPR!! It took you only 104 days to get background check started. You are already an exception, I hope your PPR comes very soon as well!
By the way, what was your score and what's your NOC code?
Thanks! Hope so! NOC 1123. Looks like you have the same NOC! Score 453 or so if I recall correctly. Wishing all of us good luck!

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
sraj07 said:
Any updates from USA applicants ?waiting after AOR ?
See my timeline.. I got PPR late December (4 months and 2 weeks from AOR to PPR). Some1us also got PPR in late December.
Good luck to all other US residents/citizens!

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
sraj07 said:
thanks tom ,
so do you think avg time for usa applicants is around 5 months ?
Yup.. I'd say 4-5 months for US residents... of course 10% will be fast trackers, and another 10% will get some delays, but I believe the remaining 80% will get PPR in 4-5 months

aaruhani

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got my COPR and passport returned today. I have a couple of questions:

1) Can I do the landing process and come back to USA without having USA visa? I am on H1B here and totally legal and my H1B is valid till July 2016 but dont have visa stamped. I heard something called Automatic Visa Re-validation but not sure what it is exactly.

2) If i can come back to USA and then go back to Canada after a few months then can i still take all my goods with me? or will it be a different procedure?

Please advise.

sraj07

May 26, 2015
aaruhani ,

I am also on H1B here . have valid extension but expired stamp . Once you leave USA , you cannot come back until you get visa stamped by usa consulate .

sraj07

May 26, 2015
hi guys ,

I completed 105 days from AOR ... Med pass. BG -Not started .. Can you please tell me should I order GCMS now ?
Also the new 15 month processing timeline makes me worrying .

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sraj07 said:
hi guys ,

I completed 105 days from AOR ... Med pass. BG -Not started .. Can you please tell me should I order GCMS now ?
Also the new 15 month processing timeline makes me worrying .
I believe the 15 month update in the website is erroneous. Yes, I believe you should initiate your GCMS now. If you initiate it today, the updates in the notes will be only until today but you will get in Feb 22nd. It can be used to see if eligibility and the other parameters are fine even though there might no be great updates.

As per Tom's comments, I am seeing you should have your BG started between Feb 22nd and Feb 28th. Let's hope for the best. I am exactly 1 week behind you and hence hoping the same kind of progress.

sraj07

May 26, 2015
rajanvnv ,

I thought you got ppr ... man I am getting confused with too many monthly threads and usernames ....
so raj , did u order gcms ? ...
sso you are also BG not started ? our vo is Ottawa or somewhere in USA ?

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sraj07 said:
rajanvnv ,

I thought you got ppr ... man I am getting confused with too many monthly threads and usernames ....
so raj , did u order gcms ? ...
sso you are also BG not started ? our vo is Ottawa or somewhere in USA ?
Am a PNP residing in USA. AOR Oct 17th, med passed, BG not started. I ordered GCMS 5 days back.