+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Police Clearance: FBI Processing Times

rachaelc

Sep 3, 2015
pau said:
Hello... so what email you use to contact them....when i called last week they asked me when i sent mine i said july 13 so they said they were working on the ones from the 6th but they didnt ask my name..... thanx
liaison@leo.gov

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
I called today and asked for status. They said because I had a credit card number change (Bank of America had a business who's cc info was compromised so I had to get a new card number) that when they received my new cc number my fingerprints went to the back of the line and now show received September 19th. They received my fingerprints July 8th in reality. And they received my new cc info before they opened my fingerprints.
Of course I started to cry and they said they can't see what really happened so they went and asked for help. They came back on the phone and said they see it marked finalized but don't see any info so they will try to see what's going on and call me back.
What should I do...I have already had to get a second letter from my husbands employer due to delays in mailing the packet and now I had my medical and my husband will be here Wednesday to sign the forms and mail. We already have option c and I fear waiting two or three more months over fbi will cause us to redo taxes,employer letter, change all completed forms and basically start over.
The only reason I haven't just sold my house and moved to Canada as visitor is because we can't figure out how to get my two cats across the border without being turned away. I think that would make it obvious I am staying and it's going to take a week to drive so getting turned away would be a nightmare.

jamsham12

Jan 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/19/2015
AOR Received.
03/16/2015
File Transfer...
04/21/2015
Passport Req..
In Process: 08/06/2015 DM: 10/31/2015
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2015
LANDED..........
12/30/2015
Snowisland said:
I called today and asked for status. They said because I had a credit card number change (Bank of America had a business who's cc info was compromised so I had to get a new card number) that when they received my new cc number my fingerprints went to the back of the line and now show received September 19th. They received my fingerprints July 8th in reality. And they received my new cc info before they opened my fingerprints.
Of course I started to cry and they said they can't see what really happened so they went and asked for help. They came back on the phone and said they see it marked finalized but don't see any info so they will try to see what's going on and call me back.
What should I do...I have already had to get a second letter from my husbands employer due to delays in mailing the packet and now I had my medical and my husband will be here Wednesday to sign the forms and mail. We already have option c and I fear waiting two or three more months over fbi will cause us to redo taxes,employer letter, change all completed forms and basically start over.
The only reason I haven't just sold my house and moved to Canada as visitor is because we can't figure out how to get my two cats across the border without being turned away. I think that would make it obvious I am staying and it's going to take a week to drive so getting turned away would be a nightmare.
If i am understanding your post correctly, you have not submitted your application? If not submit the application, right now its about 57 days for sponsorship approval at which point they are not even evaluating the principal applicants file other than to check if the application forms are filled out properly and the right forms are sent in with the application. Once you get the clearance from the FBI, send the original cert with a cover letter outlining the application number to Ottawa and you should be good to go. There is no need to wait for the FBI clearance before sending the app. Send the app, once you get the clearance forward it to Ottawa.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Agreed!

Send it as soon as your husband signs the forms. Make sure that you're sending the latest version of everything!

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
That is correct, have not mailed the application, waiting till next week when my husband is here to sign. Thank you both so much! I will do as you suggested.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Just making sure, can my FBI background check be sent to my spouse's Canadian address? By the time it has finally been processed, I will likely be visiting him and Canada.

Majromax

Nov 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-21
AOR Received.
2015-01-11 [Inland AOR rec'd 2014-11-19, corrected]
File Transfer...
2015-01-20 [CSQ applied Feb 9, issued Feb 19]
Passport Req..
[IP: 2015-06-10; DM: 2015-06-30]
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-20
LANDED..........
2015-07-27
Decoy24601 said:
Just making sure, can my FBI background check be sent to my spouse's Canadian address? By the time it has finally been processed, I will likely be visiting him and Canada.
There's no problem with mailing to a foreign address. I received my background check in Canada last year with no issue.

Pollen

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2015
AOR Received.
20-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2015
LANDED..........
14-12-2015
I also had my hubby's FBI check sent to me in Canada since I handle all the paper work with no issue :D

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
we send in our application into cic and I got sponsorship approval before the FBI certificate even came back to us.
application was in april and the FBI report in July - the visa office just asked for it in September
don't delay your application over the FBI report

Just my experience.
:)

Snowisland said:

pau

Star Member
Aug 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
3 09 2015
Passport Req..
15 09 2015
VISA ISSUED...
12 11 2015 gracias a Dios
LANDED..........
17 12 2015 por que Dios es Maravilloso
Hello guys..just wanted to tell you I sent my fingerprints on july 13th and i got my fbi record thing yesterday and im so exited :p now I can send this to cic :D.....

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
pau said:
Hello guys..just wanted to tell you I sent my fingerprints on july 13th and i got my fbi record thing yesterday and im so exited :p now I can send this to cic :D.....
Thanks for the update. They ran my cc a few days ago even though they said I was going to the back of the line since my old cc failed. Guess they felt sorry for me. Hope to get mine soon.

VatoQChopeful

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2016
Doc's Request.
25-04-2016 CSQ received:27-05-2016
AOR Received.
13-04-2016
File Transfer...
19-04-2016
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
07-03-2016
Interview........
not needed
Passport Req..
not needed
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2016
LANDED..........
08-10-2016
Ugh, I'm so upset today. I saw that people who applied in early to mid July were starting to either receive their background checks or have their cc charged. I mailed mine off on 7/17 so I called to check the status and they told me that my cc had expired. I knew that was not the case because i had just received a new cc in May. Apparently I wrote this year instead of the year of expiration. I'm so mad at myself for being so careless! I thought for sure I had crossed my "T's" and dotted my "I's" on the form. So, now I am faxing over a corrected CC form and will be put at the bottom of the pile :( This whole process has been so stressful. I feel like hubby and I just cannot catch a break. Anyway. Just needed to vent.

ALSO, before I go.. I just wanted to thank everyone on this forum. Without you all this process would be that much harder. It's nice to have a place to get information and to have people to talk to when times get tough. THANK YOU!

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
Mine arrived today..even though I called yesterday and and was told to check back in two months. I was on the way to fed ex and picked up my mail and it was there. So I opened my packet to add it and sealed it back up with tape...went to fed ex and sent it off.

pau

Star Member
Aug 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
3 09 2015
Passport Req..
15 09 2015
VISA ISSUED...
12 11 2015 gracias a Dios
LANDED..........
17 12 2015 por que Dios es Maravilloso
Snowisland said:
Mine arrived today..even though I called yesterday and and was told to check back in two months. I was on the way to fed ex and picked up my mail and it was there. So I opened my packet to add it and sealed it back up with tape...went to fed ex and sent it off.
Cool.... !!! Good luck to you all

blueknight

Nov 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone,

I emailed them yesterday and they responded in like within 5 minutes saying that they are opening the mails received on 24th August 2015, and their current processing time is 11-13 weeks........so its wait and watch from here on.