NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-09-2020
Hi,
I received a document request notification from IRCC (regarding my CEC based Express Entry) asking for a new passport for my son (US citizen). The passport that I submitted has less than 6 months validity. US embassy Ottawa has asked me to wait until an appointment slot opens but it looks like they are severely backlogged since they give very few appointments. IRCC is giving automatic 90 days extensions but they will pause the processing of my PR application until I submit a new passport. Anyone tried getting an appointment in a Canadian embassy recently?

OnceMore

Star Member
Sep 2, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-09-2020
just curious, any luck with US passport renewal?
Called embassy mid Feb, they asked me to email to setup an in person apt, no way to expedite, just wait and wait, out of the blue they emailed saying they have a slot (Mar 1st week), I took it, went to the embassy with my kid, process was smooth but again no idea how long it will take to receive the new passport, waited for 4.5 weeks and got an email yesterday that the passport has been issued but it will take 1 to 3 weeks to arrive, so waiting for that!! :rolleyes:

tennisboy19

Jun 30, 2021
Same boat, trying to renew but in Canada. Is it best to go to Bellingham or Seattle and use an expedited service there?