21-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2013
Occasita said:
PPR this morning!!!

Interview waived
COPIES of passport pages requested
Came from CPP-O

Finally some progress with May applicants =)

Came close... husbands visa is almost up
Congrats!

kfair001

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 30, 2012
AOR Received.
October 12, 2012
File Transfer...
October 12, 2012
Med's Done....
June 25, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
January 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 25, 2013
LANDED..........
May 27, 2013
brightredscream said:
Thank you!
It's nice to see that stage 1 is picking up. Mine took 3 months. Good luck to you and wish all of us a speedy process!

crna80

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2012
AOR Received.
12-07-2012
File Transfer...
17-7-2012
Med's Done....
17-05-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-2-2013
LANDED..........
05-04-2013
computergeek said:
That should be more than enough. If there is a discrepancy between his and your paperwork, you might wish to correct that as well. CIC doesn't like when things don't align properly.

Legally, he doesn't HAVE to reside in Canada - he just has to have a credible plan to do so. But if you own a home there, you might wish to also point out that you have no rental income from the property on his Option C printout, along with evidence you do own it. Not many people own property but don't live in it or rent it out.

Good luck!
I liked your idea about the rent until I looked at the option C and saw rental income. so I thought copying the leases from here would be a good idea. any other ideas are appreciated. Thanks
Thank you for your reply, I have come to see how complex this is. This is what we have gathered so far- We own our home both in us and Canada so that leaves out lease. however, we have Ontario Hydro bills for 2 year, my husband moved back Jan 2011. We have Bell bills, Shaw direct bills, TD bank statements,all 2 yrs, and Propane bills for only a few months as we haven't been keeping them, plus they are lwo because he uses wood. He has a copy of his gym membership, TD Visa for 2 years with local purchases. We have a letter from our neighbor, my husbands son and sister. A copy of his T4, plus 1 year of pay stubs, a ROE because his job is seasonal. We have another home here in the states that is a rental, which shows up as rental income on his option C. So we are including two copies of leases for the house we have rented here to prove we we not renting the house in Ontario. Is there anything else that we might need to include. The threat of being denied because of this is very upsetting. his Canadian address was on the application. He does have his OHIP card and has used it, not sure how to document that. I just want to have as much info as I can in order to make this indisputable.Thanks

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
crna80 said:
Thank you for your reply, I have come to see how complex this is. This is what we have gathered so far- We own our home both in us and Canada so that leaves out lease. however, we have Ontario Hydro bills for 2 year, my husband moved back Jan 2011. We have Bell bills, Shaw direct bills, TD bank statements,all 2 yrs, and Propane bills for only a few months as we haven't been keeping them, plus they are lwo because he uses wood. He has a copy of his gym membership, TD Visa for 2 years with local purchases. We have a letter from our neighbor, my husbands son and sister. A copy of his T4, plus 1 year of pay stubs, a ROE because his job is seasonal. We have another home here in the states that is a rental, which shows up as rental income on his option C. So we are including two copies of leases for the house we have rented here to prove we we not renting the house in Ontario. Is there anything else that we might need to include. The threat of being denied because of this is very upsetting. his Canadian address was on the application. He does have his OHIP card and has used it, not sure how to document that. I just want to have as much info as I can in order to make this indisputable.Thanks
Gym memberships are good - see if they keep a log of his attendance there - a printout of that would be good. Also, you need to contact OHIP - they have a mechanism via the "Personal Health Information Office" to order up summary records that can be used for CIC (so it shows that he saw the doctor, but doesn't provide specifics about why).

Try not to take the issue personally - someone is trying to do their job of keeping Canada safe, and you just need to assuage their concerns. If they refuse it, THEN you can be really pissed.

I REALLY hope that's not the case, because the time to appeal such a decision is ~2.5 years in Toronto last time I saw (it's about 6 months in Vancouver or Montreal by comparison...)

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As I suggested in the CPP-Ottawa thread, let's consolidate the conversation over here so we can build on each other's posts.

My latest reply over there was:

OhCanadiana said:
Sounds like you have lots of evidence. Totally understand wanting to ensure you provide a very solid case. For the gym, ask if they can print out a list of dates he has actually gone to the gym (perhaps a screen shot from their internal system if they don't have an actual report they can print out). Definitely include the visa statements with local purchases. Can you get a letter from his employer that his job is IN Canada (in addition to the paystubs?)

To help the Officer go through it all, I would also include a list of all the evidence you are submitting (detail it out to list the period covered by each statement, for example) so that they can quickly review the list and then dive into whatever components they want.

ETA: Let's keep the conversation going over in the US Outland thread (http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/us-outland-applicants-thread-t106068.1455.html) - just saw the parallel conversation there.

crna80

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2012
AOR Received.
12-07-2012
File Transfer...
17-7-2012
Med's Done....
17-05-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-2-2013
LANDED..........
05-04-2013
OhCanadiana said:
As I suggested in the CPP-Ottawa thread, let's consolidate the conversation over here so we can build on each other's posts.

My latest reply over there was:

[/quote
i appreciate all the input, i posted on three threads hoping to get a response as my first post didn't receive much input. There was a letter from his employer with the original application, which we will resubmit. His employer is also printed out a copy of his pay schedule for us. Do you think it is necessary to explain the rental income( From Florida but claimed on taxes)on the option c? We the have leases for the rental house in florida. we were going to submit a short letter and a table of contents, such as you suggested info you suggested. Is it possible to go overboard with information?

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
crna80 said:
i appreciate all the input, i posted on three threads hoping to get a response as my first post didn't receive much input. There was a letter from his employer with the original application, which we will resubmit. His employer is also printed out a copy of his pay schedule for us. Do you think it is necessary to explain the rental income( From Florida but claimed on taxes)on the option c? We the have leases for the rental house in florida. we were going to submit a short letter and a table of contents, such as you suggested info you suggested. Is it possible to go overboard with information?
To clarify, I thought that we could build on each other (and save you some work) if we consolidate the conversation over here. No hidden messages =)

I don't think you can go overboard on info, especially in a case like this. Give it to them very organized so they can process it quickly and easily. If they don't feel they need to go through all of it, it's their prerogative to stop once they reach enough to take a decision.

kfair001

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 30, 2012
AOR Received.
October 12, 2012
File Transfer...
October 12, 2012
Med's Done....
June 25, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
January 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 25, 2013
LANDED..........
May 27, 2013
Hi Guys, I just had a quick question and I'm hoping someone can help. We are currently in the 2nd stage of the process and our application is in Ottawa. I've been checking Ecas regularly and it just says "application received" and "medicals received" however I just noticed today that it says that my husband's application for permanent residence was received on July 30th. I received sponsorship approval in October and then it was transferred to Ottawa right after. So I was just wondering why it says that our application for permanent residence was received on July 30th instead of October 12th. The application was received in Mississauga on July 30th. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
kfair001 said:
Hi Guys, I just had a quick question and I'm hoping someone can help. We are currently in the 2nd stage of the process and our application is in Ottawa. I've been checking Ecas regularly and it just says "application received" and "medicals received" however I just noticed today that it says that my husband's application for permanent residence was received on July 30th. I received sponsorship approval in October and then it was transferred to Ottawa right after. So I was just wondering why it says that our application for permanent residence was received on July 30th instead of October 12th. The application was received in Mississauga on July 30th. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Ours says the same thing. Application was received at CPC-M on July 31st 2012 and the application for PR says the same receipt date although sponsorship was approved in october and then transferred to CCP-O after that.

kfair001

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 30, 2012
AOR Received.
October 12, 2012
File Transfer...
October 12, 2012
Med's Done....
June 25, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
January 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 25, 2013
LANDED..........
May 27, 2013
cempjwi said:
Ours says the same thing. Application was received at CPC-M on July 31st 2012 and the application for PR says the same receipt date although sponsorship was approved in october and then transferred to CCP-O after that.
Nice to know I'm not the only one. I've been reading a couple of other people's posts and they don't seem to have the same issue so I'm just a little confused by it.

Occasita

Star Member
May 5, 2012
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
20-07-2012
File Transfer...
30-07-2012
Med's Done....
31-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2013
LANDED..........
16-02-2013
kfair001 said:
Nice to know I'm not the only one. I've been reading a couple of other people's posts and they don't seem to have the same issue so I'm just a little confused by it.
Our E-cas still says we are IN PROCESS, and that they "started processing" the application on the 18th of Jan (which is the same day they sent me PPR).
I've even seen a few people say that e-cas can go back and forth between IN PROCESS and DECISION MADE.
So, I would not worry about it too much, the system seems to rarely be accurate.

kfair001

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 30, 2012
AOR Received.
October 12, 2012
File Transfer...
October 12, 2012
Med's Done....
June 25, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
January 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 25, 2013
LANDED..........
May 27, 2013
Occasita said:
Our E-cas still says we are IN PROCESS, and that they "started processing" the application on the 18th of Jan (which is the same day they sent me PPR).
I've even seen a few people say that e-cas can go back and forth between IN PROCESS and DECISION MADE.
So, I would not worry about it too much, the system seems to rarely be accurate.
It's funny you said that because my application said in process last week and I just logged on and it was back to application received. I really wish that they would just get rid of ECAS bc it's making me crazy. :)

Occasita

Star Member
May 5, 2012
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
20-07-2012
File Transfer...
30-07-2012
Med's Done....
31-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2013
LANDED..........
16-02-2013
kfair001 said:
It's funny you said that because my application said in process last week and I just logged on and it was back to application received. I really wish that they would just get rid of ECAS bc it's making me crazy. :)
That, or actually USE it :(

kfair001

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 30, 2012
AOR Received.
October 12, 2012
File Transfer...
October 12, 2012
Med's Done....
June 25, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
January 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 25, 2013
LANDED..........
May 27, 2013
Occasita said:
That, or actually USE it :(
Exactly. Don't think the wait would be as painful if we actually heard at least something once in awhile.

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
kfair001 said:
Interestingly, your application was received Monday 07/30/2012 one day before ours (Tuesday 07/31/2012) and your sponsorship approved Friday 10/12/2012 also one day before ours (Monday 10/15/2012). Our PR application most likely will take longer as the applicant has lived in two different countries since the age of 18.