25-04-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-11-2014, remeds on 04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR issued 21-12-2015
jamsham12 said:
You might want to double check and see if they classified your application as an Inland application. The reason i say this is because this is what happened to me. It took me 3 months to get Sponsorship Approval. I had to contact my partner's MP office to get the file corrected as they told me possibly when they received the file someone in Missasauga placed my file in the inland queue and had i not informed them to double check the file i am pretty sure it would still be in the inland queue today. So I would call CIC and confirm whether its being classified in their system as an outland or inland app. If inland contact your wife's MP's office to get it corrected.
That's my thought too. But I'm going to let this play out for now...if there's still no change, then we'll call again by the end of the week. I had seen some of the posts about that before we submitted so I had Outside of Canada application all over our cover letter, On the separate envelopes that had the sponsorship materials and my application...I figured there was no way they would misfile it based on that. But I do think that's what might have happened.

VAtoBC

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Doc's Request.
29-05-2015
File Transfer...
21-01-2015
Med's Done....
25-09-2014
October 2014 Outland apps are getting COPRs from Beijing, Warsaw, Sydney offices. WTF is the matter with CPC-Ottawa??? Are they really that much less efficent/less competent than staff in other visa offices? Or are we suddenly worried about marriage fraud and terrorism from our American cousins? If so, the managers should be fired! Still waiting on the magical 20th day, when CPC-Ottawa MAY condescend to reply to our submission of proof that they had already received my spouse's FBI check.The lack of responsiveness, accountability and transparency to Canadian citizens/taxpayers on the part of CIC is appalling.

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
VAtoBC said:
October 2014 Outland apps are getting COPRs from Beijing, Warsaw, Sydney offices. WTF is the matter with CPC-Ottawa??? Are they really that much less efficent/less competent than staff in other visa offices? Or are we suddenly worried about marriage fraud and terrorism from our American cousins? If so, the managers should be fired! Still waiting on the magical 20th day, when CPC-Ottawa MAY condescend to reply to our submission of proof that they had already received my spouse's FBI check.The lack of responsiveness, accountability and transparency to Canadian citizens/taxpayers on the part of CIC is appalling.
I echo your sentiments exactly. I think we've all reached our breaking point with Ottawa.

Amalthea

May 27, 2014
Vancity
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
18-06-2015
VAtoBC said:

I'm so sorry that they freaking lost your FBI check... just like Maria's! They are so utterly incompetent, and I'm truly sorry that you have to suffer for their idiocy. Hang in therreeeee. :((((

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
dbentley1313 said:
Anyone else know approximately how long it takes once they ask your sponsor for payment? We are obviously going to pay it immediately! Application was sent in November. Just wanted to know if anyone was at that point and could shed some light...
You never know. We sent our payment the last week of November and got a "decision made" the last week of March.

missmegan

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
NY/Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2015
Doc's Request.
Up front
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
Up front
Interview........
N/a
Passport Req..
N/a
VISA ISSUED...
In Process: 19-08-2015
Hi everyone! According to everyone's timeline, we should be receiving DM this week hopefully! Quick question(s) on if anyone knows what exactly gets sent to you in the mail once you get COPR? I'm returning to Canada in two weeks and I'm curious if my parents can mail it out there to me and if I have to re-enter the country once I get the PR card. Hopefully I won't have to sit around too long before being able to get a job. If anyone knows the answers to my questions, let me know. I'd appreciate it!! :)

Application received 1/26/15

AOR 3/23/15

SA 3/26/15

DM hopefully soon!

deweysmith

Mar 20, 2015
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
File Transfer...
15-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2015
LANDED..........
29-08-2012
missmegan said:
Hi everyone! According to everyone's timeline, we should be receiving DM this week hopefully! Quick question(s) on if anyone knows what exactly gets sent to you in the mail once you get COPR? I'm returning to Canada in two weeks and I'm curious if my parents can mail it out there to me and if I have to re-enter the country once I get the PR card.
You sure will! Depending on the city there are several places you can land. I'm not sure what gets mailed to you, though.

Sunset0505

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa/LA and July/15 in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
08JUL2015
AOR Received.
09APR2014/SA 05JUN2014
File Transfer...
15JUL2014
Med's Request
2nd-01JUN2015/3rd 15JUL2015
Med's Done....
29/03/14& 15/06/15& 03/08/15/mailed 01/11/2015
Interview........
03NOV2015 in LA
Passport Req..
IP 23SEP15/DM 12/12/15
LANDED..........
29APR2016
Question...Hubbys second medical completed yesterday...Anyone out there have experience with a timeline for hearing something after second medical completed?....We are in another holding pattern and I love to hear times frames..

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
Happy to say I'm an Oct applicant and eCAS changed to DM today.

For some of the January applicants, a few posts up, slow your roll and don't get too excited about it being your week for a DM. There are a lot of Sept, Oct, Nov and Dec applicants who need their DM's, before you feel so entitled to yours. :-*

Evadyrrehs

Nov 4, 2013
Moncton NB Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 24/2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Nov 13/2014
File Transfer...
SA Nov 13/2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 22/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
DM June 2/2015 and COPR arrived June 10/2015
LANDED..........
June 15/2015 Yay! 8) PR card arrived Sept 3/2015
saria1 said:
Awesome! Congrats Saria! 8) For us when we saw DM it was just 8 calendar days later and COPR was in our mailbox. Keep an eye out for it :)

missmegan

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
NY/Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2015
Doc's Request.
Up front
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
Up front
Interview........
N/a
Passport Req..
N/a
VISA ISSUED...
saria1 said:

For some of the January applicants, a few posts up, slow your roll and don't get too excited about it being your week for a DM. There are a lot of Sept, Oct, Nov and Dec applicants who need their DM's, before you feel so entitled to yours. :-*
No need to be a sass haha. Just be happy you've received DM. January applicants are receiving good news and I'm just thinking positive. Congrats!

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
missmegan said:
No need to be a sass haha. Just be happy you've received DM. January applicants are receiving good news and I'm just thinking positive. Congrats!
Well, I hope your aren't the bad juju for the month of Jan. Maybe your arrogance has slapped that month back into queue, where it belongs. You're being extremely dismissive to applicants who have months of wait ahead of you. Food for thought, no reason for you to make a dumb come back!

Evadyrrehs said:
Awesome! Congrats Saria! 8) For us when we saw DM it was just 8 calendar days later and COPR was in our mailbox. Keep an eye out for it :)
Thanks Dave and Sherry! I read about your landing yesterday. We were up in NB back in Jan, the officers at CBSA in Calais were great, actually the whole province was great. I would love to move there, but there is no work in that area. If we were independently wealthy, I'd be moving us there ;)

I called CIC yesterday to check if the CoPR was mailed yet, and it hadn't been. I know mail coming from Sydney NS to NJ takes 7 days to get here. So hopefully it'll be here mid next week. Which is perfect, because my son and I fly to BC on the 29th to meet up with husband, who is driving out there. If I have all the B4A's ready to go, they might flagpole land on that trip.

missmegan

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
NY/Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2015
Doc's Request.
Up front
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
Up front
Interview........
N/a
Passport Req..
N/a
VISA ISSUED...
saria1 said:
Well, I hope your aren't the bad juju for the month of Jan. Maybe your arrogance has slapped that month back into queue, where it belongs. You're being extremely dismissive to applicants who have months of wait ahead of you. Food for thought, no reason for you to make a dumb come back!

If you think my positivity could jinx everyone else, you're crazy haha. Sucks for people in 2014 that are still waiting. You're right, I may still be months out, but it's not hurting anyone by thinking positive. And I'm not arrogant, learn how to use that word properly. I'm happy you've received DM and hope you land soon. :)

Mulez

Star Member
Mar 9, 2015
the Netherlands
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 12 2014
Doc's Request.
Yes, May 22 2015
File Transfer...
Oct 28 2014 SA
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Sept 4 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
IP: July 21 DM: July 28 2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: August 8 2015
LANDED..........
Landed on August 17th 2015
saria1 said:

Wow awesome Saria!! So happy for you!

Amalthea

May 27, 2014
Vancity
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
18-06-2015
Mulez said:
Wow awesome Saria!! So happy for you!
Mulez do you not have DM yet? Ugh they need to finish up September folks right quick! Thinking of you all!!

CONGRATS SARIA!!! ^__^

Leaving Canada this morning! Landing on Thursday.

Found this link yesterday, a company that will process your car through AESDirect and obtain an ITN# for you for $35. Not bad honestly. If studying the material and taking the test isn't your speed. I may just do this, $35 isn't bad at all!!! http://simplifiedtradesolutions.com/get-an-aes-itn/vehicles-to-canada/

However, I will be putting my car on my goods to follow. My title is in the states, so I can't export it before landing, if that makes sense.

Good luck friends! Hang in there!