+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent : WES evaluation query

Jun 29, 2019
Hello all
I got my wes evaluation today. I am surprised as they evaluate my three year degree and two master degree as equivalent to four year canadian degree. I have done bachelors and masters in comp sci.pls help to solve my problem and tell me the reason behind.
Thanks

W.Hussain

Aug 11, 2020
Dear All,

I have completed MBA from University of East London (UEL) in 2006 and applied through WES from India. When I contacted UEL to send my credential to WES, they replied me through email below....

'We regret that we are unable to produce full academic transcripts (nor syllabi/course documents) or a replacement degree certificate and verification of awards because the information being requested is no longer retained on the University database. We are not required to retain individual mark data, either for our own operational needs or to fulfil our statutory obligations. We have a records management and disposal policy that conforms to the requirements of public statutes including, inter alia, the United Kingdom’s Data Protection Acts, which discourage the retention of personal data by institutions beyond the time when it is no longer relevant to the operational needs of the data holder.'

How can I convince WES that UEL policy and Data Protection Act, UK doesn't maintain database results records for third party verification for studies completed back 6 years?

Please advice me to get MBA evaluation in WES in this scenario.
Appreciate your suggestions. Thanks

yasirakram354

Jun 27, 2023
This is Muhammad Yasir Akram! I would appreciate if you could guide about a query. Is it possible that if someone like me has done Mphil in Applied Linguistics with distinction, the equivalence of my degree could possibly be doctorate since I also did Masters in Literature? That means I have two masters?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
This is Muhammad Yasir Akram! I would appreciate if you could guide about a query. Is it possible that if someone like me has done Mphil in Applied Linguistics with distinction, the equivalence of my degree could possibly be doctorate since I also did Masters in Literature? That means I have two masters?
Most likely not possible. Two masters generally aren't the equivalent of a PhD. However you won't know for certain until you have your education assessed.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
No 2 Masters is Masters. Doctorate is until and unless you actually studied it. Better to get ECA done.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

yasirakram354

Jun 27, 2023
My first question is: As we know Mphil is an upper degree than Masters. Similarly, I have done research in my Mphil in Applied Linguistics. Is there any possibility that would be evaluated as doctoral.
The second question: on CRS calculator, there are giving same points for experience : 3 or more years. I have 8 years foreign experience in teaching as lecturer in English in University and O A Levels institution. Will it modify and upgrade my points ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My first question is: As we know Mphil is an upper degree than Masters. Similarly, I have done research in my Mphil in Applied Linguistics. Is there any possibility that would be evaluated as doctoral.
The second question: on CRS calculator, there are giving same points for experience : 3 or more years. I have 8 years foreign experience in teaching as lecturer in English in University and O A Levels institution. Will it modify and upgrade my points ?
A Masters is not a Phd. You don’t combine masters to get a Phd. You can count experience as long as your first year is full-time, continuous in one NOC. You get points for 3 years or more. You don’t get any more points for someone with 8 years experience vs 3 years.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Doesn't matter, there's research in Masters' as well. Doctorate is doctorate.

Zemi

Aug 2, 2023
Hi there,
Even though I am currently working as a postdoctoral researcher at one of the Canadian universities, my foreign Ph.D. has been evaluated by WES as Canadian equivalency of a Master's degree (at minimum) with a remark described that academics in the field, upon consideration of the dissertation, may in some instances consider this credential to be equivalent to an earned doctorate (Ph.D.). Does IRCC consider this as a Ph.D. or master's in the comprehensive ranking system (CRS)?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi there,
Even though I am currently working as a postdoctoral researcher at one of the Canadian universities, my foreign Ph.D. has been evaluated by WES as Canadian equivalency of a Master's degree (at minimum) with a remark described that academics in the field, upon consideration of the dissertation, may in some instances consider this credential to be equivalent to an earned doctorate (Ph.D.). Does IRCC consider this as a Ph.D. or master's in the comprehensive ranking system (CRS)?
IRCC will consider WES evaluation. Which country did you passed your doctorate? Did your transcript had the mention of your thesis?

Zemi

Aug 2, 2023
I earned my Ph.D. from the University of Gondar, Ethiopia and my transcript had the mention of my thesis/dissertation, and even, the thesis/dissertation is graded.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I earned my Ph.D. from the University of Gondar, Ethiopia and my transcript had the mention of my thesis/dissertation, and even, the thesis/dissertation is graded.
Ok but you have to go with the assessment given by WES. Did you did coursework or just research throughout?

Zemi

Aug 2, 2023
I did both coursework and research throughout my PhD and WES did course-by-course evaluation. Dissertation/thesis (with its credit and grade) is one of the courses in the WES evaluated course list.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I did both coursework and research throughout my PhD and WES did course-by-course evaluation. Dissertation/thesis (with its credit and grade) is one of the courses in the WES evaluated course list.
Ok. It varies from Uni to Uni. My friend did Ph.D from Australia only research throughout, got doctorate evaluation from WES.

Zemi

Aug 2, 2023
Yes, it varies from university to university. My question is does the IRCC consider this WES evaluation as earned doctorate or not: Canadian equivalency of a Master's degree (at minimum) with a remark describing that academics in the field, upon consideration of the dissertation, may in some instances consider this credential to be equivalent to an earned doctorate (Ph.D.).