+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<Urgent> SINP Question (My Working permit going to expire )

JCS

Star Member
Oct 31, 2011
Regina
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 27, 2011
Doc's Request.
September 4, 2012
Nomination.....
September 19, 2012
AOR Received.
November 26, 2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
November 28, 2012
Med's Done....
December 06, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Already in Canada (28/09/2010)
I am here on a different kind of a working holiday visa (from Germany) and it runs out at the end of September. I got my file number on Nov 2nd and still didn't get a reply. I talked to them twice on the phone. First time I was told that the length of the process depends on who is working on your file and last friday I was told that they do what they can with the resources they have and that it also depends on what you applied for (in my case skilled worker), what your education is and what your work experience is.
The reason for my last call was to see if I should book a flight already or if it would make sense to wait. I was told that chances are good that I get it before the end of september because by then its nearly a year but I shouldn't rely on that. He told me that I can just go back to Germany and wait there and easily come back when I have the visa (because plane tickets are so "cheap" and I don't have my household in Canada for which I have to pay rent).

I was calling everywhere I could think of to see if I can get a new work visa and the answer was always no. Even SINP knows that there is no way to extend a working holiday visa so I highly doubt that you can apply for a work permit just telling them that you are waiting for SINP. But I guess it is worth a try.
I actually gave up the idea that I will get anyhing on time. Don't forget there is also a processing time for the actual work permit. I heard it can take 3 months.

Would you be able to go back to Hong Kong for a while? I guess the best you can do is to prepare for the worst and on the side try to find a way to stay. If you find one please let me know.

tomk

Jun 22, 2012
I am not sure too. I will stay here as visitor for half years and see any result came out.

Do they give you any ETA for the approval ? I applied mine on April 19 and got the file number on May 14th.

I emailed them on July and they said my file in process.

Raylee1213

Apr 3, 2012
CALGARY, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO / CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2011
AOR Received.
02-04-2012
Med's Request
02-04-2012
Med's Done....
10-04-2012
Passport Req..
18-09-2012
LANDED..........
05-10-2012
Hi.
You can extend your work permit when you got a nomination from provincial gov.
Everyone got some documents from provincial when they got a nomination.
There are two things, cetification document for nomination and guide book.
So, you can extend your work permit using that certification document.
I think you have a copy or scan for that document. b/c we have to send that document to vissa office with ohter documents.
When you use online for extend work permit, you have to submit this nomination paper.

tomk

Jun 22, 2012
Raylee1213 said:
Hi.
You can extend your work permit when you got a nomination from provincial gov.
Everyone got some documents from provincial when they got a nomination.
There are two things, cetification document for nomination and guide book.
So, you can extend your work permit using that certification document.
I think you have a copy or scan for that document. b/c we have to send that document to vissa office with ohter documents.
When you use online for extend work permit, you have to submit this nomination paper.
But only nomination result came out. If not, nothing we can do. I am trying to extend my working permit before nomination result came. My visa is going to expire on Oct 31. There are not too much time left and I might change my status to visitor in Canada." Sit and Wait ".

JCS

Star Member
Oct 31, 2011
Regina
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 27, 2011
Doc's Request.
September 4, 2012
Nomination.....
September 19, 2012
AOR Received.
November 26, 2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
November 28, 2012
Med's Done....
December 06, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
tomk said:
I am not sure too. I will stay here as visitor for half years and see any result came out.

Do they give you any ETA for the approval ? I applied mine on April 19 and got the file number on May 14th.

I emailed them on July and they said my file in process.
Last June I was told it takes 5 to 6 months. I applied at the end of October (my employer suggested to wait until I worked for 6 months in SK to get more points) thinking that it would be enough time until September 30th. Now they don't tell you any estimates at all, just that it depends on your case and who is working on it.
someone in this forum said it takes 6 to 15 months. I really hope it would take that long.
If they would tell me that it takes that many more months than I would be fine and could decide accordingly but they don't and I am all anixous. I don't have enough money to stay a full 6 months without work so I would have to go back to Germany and stay with my parents while using the EI or income to pay my rent in Regina. Its amazing how little they care at SINP.

I sent the first email after 6 months and was told it is in process; at the end of June my Employer emailed them explaining that they need me and want to know the status, all they replied was that it is in process and that they can't give any more information; a few weeks ago I called and was told that it is in the middle of processing and that I could get my the end of september but I shouldn't be surprised if not and last week I called to find out wether or not I should book a plane ticket and was told (big surprise) its in process. I should get it before the end of October (as by then it would be 12 months) but I shouldn't rely on it.
I didn't get a single request for more information and still it takes forever to get the nomination. I thought I had a straight forward case. I had the usual education and apprenticeship in Germany and only worked for two different companies. I already got clearance to stay in canada for a year twice so even the background check was done already. Sometimes I wonder if they actually work or if everyone is on vacation, I haven't heard of anyone getting nominated in a long time.

tomk

Jun 22, 2012
So, How long did you take for your case ? Should I call them again for checking the status?

I hope I would get it the end of this year.

Thank you

Tom Khoo

JCS

Star Member
Oct 31, 2011
Regina
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 27, 2011
Doc's Request.
September 4, 2012
Nomination.....
September 19, 2012
AOR Received.
November 26, 2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
November 28, 2012
Med's Done....
December 06, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
At the moment there is no point in contacting them. In your case its not even three months since you received your file number. Its unlikely that you will here anything from SINP before the end of October. You'd be a really lucky guy if you actually would here from them by then. The end of Oct is 6 months since you sent your file, at the moment it takes at least 8 for most cases (pretty much every file I read about in this forum regarding skilled worker with SINP since august/september last year).

I got my file number Nov 2nd and still didn't get my nomination!

tomk

Jun 22, 2012
I am going to contact SINP and CIC around Oct1. Hopefully, they can give me some solutions or news