+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT PRTD help please!!!

kabillis

Aug 7, 2024
I am a citizen of Australia (hold valid passport) and permantly moved back to Aus
I am also a PR of Canada, due to my husband being a canadian , has citizenship and canada passport

we booked travel to canada for a 10 day trip oct 1-10th. we assumed i would be able to enter with my aus passport.
not the case, PR card is expired.
we have applied for PRTD, what is everyones experience. how long did it take to receive?
can i enter canada with an expired PR card, will they let me in?

also when we submitted on line, we never received a confirmation email or anything. any feedback would be great. thanks!!

We have also just realised that we did not submit every single page on our passport, we only copies picture pages. has anyone done this before, how can we upload the documents to our application again? thankyou, this is so stressful.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I am a citizen of Australia (hold valid passport) and permantly moved back to Aus
I am also a PR of Canada, due to my husband being a canadian , has citizenship and canada passport

we booked travel to canada for a 10 day trip oct 1-10th. we assumed i would be able to enter with my aus passport.
not the case, PR card is expired.
we have applied for PRTD, what is everyones experience. how long did it take to receive?
can i enter canada with an expired PR card, will they let me in?

also when we submitted on line, we never received a confirmation email or anything. any feedback would be great. thanks!!

We have also just realised that we did not submit every single page on our passport, we only copies picture pages. has anyone done this before, how can we upload the documents to our application again? thankyou, this is so stressful.
So assuming that you can use your days spent with your spouse (citizen) outside of Canada to meet your RO, you should be able to get your PRTD. However, I am not sure about the timeline of getting it approved.

You cannot enter with expired PR card via air. The airline most likely won't let you board the flight.

kabillis

Aug 7, 2024
Yes, we hope that we can get a PRTD as im still living with a canadian citizen abroad.
Does anyone have any idea on processing times at the moment, from australia?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes, we hope that we can get a PRTD as im still living with a canadian citizen abroad.
Does anyone have any idea on processing times at the moment, from australia?
If it's treated as a standard application then it should only take a few week. If non standard, then it's a dice roll.

kabillis

Aug 7, 2024
thank you so much. i hoping its a pretty straight forward case. but 3 days havent received any email.
i just assumed that i could enter canada on my aus passport, especially as its just a 10 day trip!!
at least i know for next time!!!