+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

urgent processing of pr...need some help

romiro

Nov 8, 2009
hi seniors ,
i applied for urgent processing of my expired pr card .i sent the ticket and etc etc. and my file was received on 12 dec 2011 .but till now i can not read my status on line.it comes as untraced.nor i have any other intimation that my file was approved for urgent processing or not .no fone no letter ..i want to know that
1.....how much time they take to update the status .and in what other way they let the client know wheather his file is approve for urgent
processing or not
2......i want to know if they put my file on routine time frame can i again apply for urgent processing after some time.
3......iam working as astrologer from home so i put as self employed in job history ..does that have some bearing on my not getting urgent
processing
some back ground about my case.......i am in canada since 19 nov 2009.and prior to that i was in india for some 2 yrs and 11mnths..as i have to take care of my ill mother..before that i was in canada from 23 march 2005 to dec 2006..so i ful fill the residency requirment ..but why my case is not fast processed as i ha to go to india for some urgent matter ..
thanking any body to clearing my doubt..
romiro

Kkd

Star Member
Dec 12, 2011
You can call them and find out the status. There is no reason why your request should not br considered for urgent processing.
Wait and watch.

romiro

Nov 8, 2009
thanks kkd ..
i got the status update to day .it says case is ...IN PROCESS...and that they received my file on 12 dec and start processing it on 15 dec 2011..thanks a lot kkd urs is the first response i got..i will keep update on my case ..rather i want u to request all persons who r posting about their case .to post updates too about their cases ..so that others could take benefit ..it is v important .once one is in doubt and in need of help he is desperate for advice .but once his or hers case is solved one just lefts the site ..one should post till end of the case the updates so that others know about the practical points of the case and are benefitted...
thanks kkd a lot
romiro.

Kkd

Star Member
Dec 12, 2011
Yes it is very essential to share each others experience. Every we are enthusiastic only when we need help. Once the problem is solved we tend to forgett about others problems.
I am sure you will get a yor new card by 15 January 12.
DO NOT forget to post on this Forum.
Regards.

KKD

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Romiro:

For your urgent processing, could you please explain if you included any EXTRA information (such as certified copies of this doc or that doc to explain anything you said in your application) besides ticket copy/proof of purchase etc.

Note I am NOT talking about the photocopies of primary and secondary identification or ticket proof. I mean anything extra that they did not ask for but you included with the intention that all that extra info. would speed up your urgent processing and so that the package looks more impressive and real.

Anybody else: (Leon or others) : Any thoughts on if it is a good idea to include additional information (not too much but just enough) such as : (i) passport stamp photocopies; (ii) employment verification letter; (iii) anything else that links to something said in the main PR renewal application ??

Idea is just to make it compact and comprehensive with the personal satisfaction that as an applicant you are demonstrating sincerity and due dligence to showcase that you are detail-oriented, transparent and are providing some extra supporting info (above and beyond what is required in check list) so that your urgent processing happens smoothly ? I am guessing the right kind of info. would not hurt but only show to the person reviewing that the applicant has made all efforts to substantiate fact x or fact y mentioned in the PR renewal application.

Kkd

Star Member
Dec 12, 2011
The very fact that they are asking for limited documents suggests that the process is based more on faith.
Any additional effort or input to further strengthen this faith should be welcome.
At the same time considering the pressure and time constrain it should also not be taxing on them.
I feel people with genuin need and good intentions should not face any problem.
Have you noticed that in information regarding travel and absence only months are required as per the form. No where they have asked for the dates (day).it is advisable to detail date wise absence as ready recknor.

Alabaman

Apr 24, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
us2yow said:
Anybody else: (Leon or others) : Any thoughts on if it is a good idea to include additional information (not too much but just enough) such as : (i) passport stamp photocopies; (ii) employment verification letter; (iii) anything else that links to something said in the main PR renewal application ??

Idea is just to make it compact and comprehensive with the personal satisfaction that as an applicant you are demonstrating sincerity and due dligence to showcase that you are detail-oriented, transparent and are providing some extra supporting info (above and beyond what is required in check list) so that your urgent processing happens smoothly ? I am guessing the right kind of info. would not hurt but only show to the person reviewing that the applicant has made all efforts to substantiate fact x or fact y mentioned in the PR renewal application.
Whatever answer you get on this would be subjective. Someone can review your application and wonder why you included so much unneccesary info. and then wonder if you really meet residency obligation. Another person can review and be impressed with all the extra information you included.

Personally, I wouldnt want to give them a chance to scrutinize all the entry/exit stamps on my passport if there is no need to. They might just interprete the stamps/dates wrong considering the haphazard way stamps are appended on passport pages. I would just include what they asked for and make sure my application is neat, complete and well packaged. If you have a copy of your previous year's notice of assesment you should include it. A document like the notice of assessment goes a long way to tell if you have been in the country at least in the previous year. This was my approach when I did urgent processing a couple of months ago and my application took just 2 weeks.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Thanks Alabaman. Two questions:

1) When you say Notice of Assessment you mean: The standard letter from Canada Revenue Agency acknowledging that the reviewed the tax filing submitted by the person it is addressed to? So, you are saying copies of the last few such notices (one for each calendar year) to be included would add weight?

2) When did you apply for Urgent Processing and from what area ? Ontario, QC, West Coast ? - and 2 weeks that is very good.

I do see how photocopies of stamps might unnecessarily confuse- and most importantly, it is not formally requested during renewal anyway.

Will look out for your responses.

Alabaman

Apr 24, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
us2yow said:
Thanks Alabaman. Two questions:

1) When you say Notice of Assessment you mean: The standard letter from Canada Revenue Agency acknowledging that the reviewed the tax filing submitted by the person it is addressed to? So, you are saying copies of the last few such notices (one for each calendar year) to be included would add weight?

2) When did you apply for Urgent Processing and from what area ? Ontario, QC, West Coast ? - and 2 weeks that is very good.

I do see how photocopies of stamps might unnecessarily confuse- and most importantly, it is not formally requested during renewal anyway.

Will look out for your responses.
1.Yes
2. Edmonton

romiro

Nov 8, 2009
us2yow,kkd,albaman,
thanks a lot to all of you ,when one is in doubt it becomes so lonelyand confusing.it is so comforting to have all of you discussing my problem and taking lot of pain to solve it .as of now i only have that old staus i.e. IN PROCESS..when ever some thing new comes i will immediately update my post. us2yow.....no man i have not included any thing else in my application other that what they have asked for . my reason for long absense from this country from 9dec 2006 to 19 nov 2009 was that first my father was ill after wards he died .and then my mother becomes ill and depressed so i had to take care of her. once again thanks to all of you .you donot know how much of help you are to people like me.
romiro

Alabaman

Apr 24, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No probs. man... I have also been there and I know how it feels... just trying to give back to the forum. Goodluck.

romiro

Nov 8, 2009
us2yow.kkd.albaman.
my case was approved .and the status reads as file received on12 dec starteted processing on 15 and decison was made on 16 dec ..and file is approved for urgent processing..and they will send a letter in 4 weeks and i can collect my card ..thanks all of you from my heart ...and hope u keep helping others ...merry christmas to albaman us2yow and kkd and all other forum senior junior members and the readers .just one request for all the readers and posters ...plz plz post ur updates till the culmination of the case .even a minor detail ,could be use ful to others ...thanks all of you again
romiro

Kkd

Star Member
Dec 12, 2011
CONGRATES, SEE I TOLD YOU THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE YOUR CARD BEFORE 15 th Jan 2912. Do tel us when you get.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Romiro,

To summarize: for Urgent Processing of your PR Card:

1) You sent in exactly what was needed for your urgent processing per instructions from CIC. NOTHING extra in terms of additional supporting documents to explain any fact or date or special detail that needed explaining in your application ?

2) Also, did you consult a lawyer on how to accurately fill it out or include any extra info ?

3) May I ask what sort of date your travel ticket is for ? YOu said submitted in Dec 2011 - so are you maybe planning to travel end of Jan 2012 or later- by which time you will have your card ? Or did you have to cancel and re-book ? Nothing like that I am guessing.

Just wondered. Congrats on the quick turnaround time from application to approval !