+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

urgent processing of pr...need some help

romiro

Nov 8, 2009
hi
i did not consult any lawyer to fill the application forms .it iwas the straigt information .and new update i got the letter to too pick up the pr card but the date on which i had to go to cic st claire is 23. march 2012 ..i could not understrand the meaning of that .letter reads ...that they have received my pr card and i have to come on 23 march to collect it .what is the use of urgent processing if they r not giving me the card ...i had to go on 15 jan 2012..i have to go urgently.... i want to know if i can collect it earlier too
thanks
romiro

romiro

Nov 8, 2009
hi
i had to go to india on 15 jan .and although they have given me the date of march to collect the card can i go earlier to collect it ?
romiro

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Oh wow ! that is very odd. Why did they ask you to come in March 2012 if you asked for Urgent Processing and said you will be leaving on a trip in Jan 2012 ? Please do keep us posted. I cannot answer your question since I apply for my renewal later on - not anytime soon. I guess someone else who did urgent processing recently can help.

I recommend starting a new topic with a new title that is relevant to your situation where they delayed PR card pick up date DESPITE urgent processing request - I say start a new topic with a brief update and check if the same thing happened to someone else. The same old topic listing after sometime gets less attention. Hope this helps

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
adding to my quick comments above, I think it is very surprising that you had to pay the urgent processing fee, buy a travel ticket and now they are asking you to come in March for PR card pickup.

Something is not right. Did they send you the wrong letter with wrong date in a hurry ? Also, St Clair seems to have bit of a reputation from reading posts on this site. What is the use of urgent processing ? And what if someone had to rush to attend to someone for medical reasons? I would suggest checking with them right away to see if there has been a mistake - and if in the holiday rush confusion, they messed up without realizing.

romiro

Nov 8, 2009
hi
just called call center today they said that i can come maximum 5 days before the journey date without appointment .to collect pr card .and i have to reach there in between 8 and 10 morning.
romiro

mom23

Oct 22, 2011
FYI romiro - the same thing happened to us where we requested urgent processing for travel mid-December and received a letter in November stating we could pick up in January. This is done to prevent everyone descending on the place at the same time. I also phoned and was told about coming in 5 days prior to travel dates. I was warned that if we were to try outside of these times we may be turned away if they are very busy. My husband did not want to wait that long so he went the day after we received the letter first thing in the morning and he was able to get his card.

romiro

Nov 8, 2009
hi mom 23
thnaks a lot for feed back.i will also go soon .no use waiting so long .how soon should i reach /7am ok?/
thanks
romiro

mom23

Oct 22, 2011
romiro - my husband went around 7:30 (on a Friday), only 6 or so people in front of him (not all were there to pick up cards though.) My husband was walking out with his card at 8:15. Good luck to you.

romiro

Nov 8, 2009
hi kkd us2you and albaman....and mom23
i today went to cic centre st clair at 7.30.were allowed int he building 7.45 and were able to go to office at the scheduled time ...8 ..i was 2nd no. not more than 10 people ..people with some job were only half .one person was accompanying one usualy..like me ...my friend was with me...officer asked me some questions about when i went out of country and for how long..i told he asked again twice if i had gone out during my stay from nov 09 to till today..i had not so i said no..i tried telling him the reason for long absence he said he is not interested.and said that i been out for around 1074 days.so he needs some more information ...and again asked if i had gone out during my this tenure stay ..i denied firmly ..and told him the reason for my long absence which he listened patiently and left counter with me standing ..with fingers crossed ..he came back within a minute or two.and gave me card and asked me to check details ...and phew ..that was it ...thanks allof you and mom 23 ...urs was the most recent help ...and albaman too all of you r doing a great job many times thank less too but u r a great helo to peple llike us thanks again
romiro

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Congrats Romiro ! Have a good trip ! Quick questions:

1) When you said out 1074 days - you mean in the total 5 years looking back you were out of country for a total of 1074 days ?;

2) What all papers/documents did he ask you to show for his review ?;

romiro

Nov 8, 2009
hi us2yow
thanks ...1.....yes out of last five yrs ..2------none documents he asked me to show ..i nt even touched my heavy file of sundry proofs.
romiro

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Thanks romiro !

Finally, can you list in general terms the different kinds of sundry and supporting proof in terms of documents you took along. You make it sound like something very detailed and systematic- that would be useful to know more about. Even a listing would help us when we take along our own docs...
1) ......

2)............ etc...

Much appreciated !

romiro

Nov 8, 2009
hi us2yow
that was first of all all bank statements and visa card statements doctors office slips red light camera ticket income tax assessment liabrary books borrowing slips my insurance policy renewal of same some functions snaps fone bills etc etc . ...
romiro

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Thank you. I am not being funny but asking as a serious question - what other proof did you miss out listing in the "....etc etc...." of your earlier response. Guess it is useful to have whole listing..if possible to get idea of what all types of info people can give.

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
romiro said:
hi
i did not consult any lawyer to fill the application forms .it iwas the straigt information .and new update i got the letter to too pick up the pr card but the date on which i had to go to cic st claire is 23. march 2012 ..i could not understrand the meaning of that .letter reads ...that they have received my pr card and i have to come on 23 march to collect it .what is the use of urgent processing if they r not giving me the card ...i had to go on 15 jan 2012..i have to go urgently.... i want to know if i can collect it earlier too
thanks
romiro
That's amazing that you picked it up Romiro. You can travel worry free now. Good stuff. I think the local offices don't understand what urgent processing is so they send the letter and book an appointment for whenever. I doubt they even use express post. Usually letters from Oshawa office get to us 2 weeks after. So, their mail-room is really slow in processing.