+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent: PR application in process but still Bridging open work permit application refused

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
So, the thing is - I already did LMIA exemption part back in 2019 when I applied for PNP and I was already working in this position as per my PGWP until I got my refusal for BOWP yesterday. Now when you say I need to do LIMA exemption again, that seems unnecessary (because my PNP is already gone through that process in 2019).

Can you please reconfirm?
Where it says lmia excempt. On your wp application form you have to mention your current position, employer name and job offer number. But the lmia exempt number is on your work permit support letter . It should be T-13 . Check your wp letter.

anchsh

Dec 15, 2020
Where it says lmia excempt. On your wp application form you have to mention your current position, employer name and job offer number. But the lmia exempt number is on your work permit support letter . It should be T-13 . Check your wp letter.
yes it is T13 , what do I do with this? Does my employer still needs to file job application on the portal?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
yes it is T13 , what do I do with this? Does my employer still needs to file job application on the portal?
Your employer still have to submit job offer online on employer portal and pay fees )$230 and give you offer of employment number and you have to put that in your application. If you need any help inbox me .

anchsh

Dec 15, 2020
Your employer still have to submit job offer online on employer portal and pay fees )$230 and give you offer of employment number and you have to put that in your application. If you need any help inbox me .
My employer will do that. Thanks for all the help.

One last issue, I reached out to OINP and asked them to provide me a renewed work support letter and they are asking me to provide my current work permit, recent 2 payslips, Application file number.

Now, problem is my work permit is expired and I dont know if that will be an issue in order to get renewed work support letter?

Sukhi23

Aug 26, 2020
My employer will do that. Thanks for all the help.

One last issue, I reached out to OINP and asked them to provide me a renewed work support letter and they are asking me to provide my current work permit, recent 2 payslips, Application file number.

Now, problem is my work permit is expired and I dont know if that will be an issue in order to get renewed work support letter?
Call Cic or talk to a immigration lawyer. You have a refusal. They will guide you better and tell you exactly what you need to know.

anchsh

Dec 15, 2020
Call Cic or talk to a immigration lawyer. You have a refusal. They will guide you better and tell you exactly what you need to know.
I am working with a lawyer but getting Ontario Labour attention is proving to be difficult here. Ontario Labour doesn't pick phone calls at all and there is only one email address where they have put auto response. This is why I am here to just ask if anyone went through this.

anchsh

Dec 15, 2020
Yes. See below for more details. This is where you contact to get renewed work support letter.

---------------------------------

Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program | Programme ontarien des candidats à l’immigration

Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development | Ministère du Travail, de la Formation et du Développement des compétences

Government of Ontario | Gouvernement de l’Ontario

4th floor | 4e étage

400 University Ave. | 400, avenue University

Toronto ON M7A 2R9

Tel | Tél. : (416) 327-0374

Email | Courrier électronique : ontarionominee@ontario.ca | candidatontarien@ontario.ca

Website | Portail : www.ontario.ca/OINP | www.ontario.ca/POCI

Sukhi23

Aug 26, 2020
Yes. See below for more details. This is where you contact to get renewed work support letter.

---------------------------------

Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program | Programme ontarien des candidats à l’immigration

Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development | Ministère du Travail, de la Formation et du Développement des compétences

Government of Ontario | Gouvernement de l’Ontario

4th floor | 4e étage

400 University Ave. | 400, avenue University

Toronto ON M7A 2R9

Tel | Tél. : (416) 327-0374

Email | Courrier électronique : ontarionominee@ontario.ca | candidatontarien@ontario.ca

Website | Portail : www.ontario.ca/OINP | www.ontario.ca/POCI
how long do they take to reply to an email and how long is their processing time for the renewal ? You said you are working with a lawyer what did they suggest?

anchsh

Dec 15, 2020
how long do they take to reply to an email and how long is their processing time for the renewal ? You said you are working with a lawyer what did they suggest?
Lawyer suggested reaching out to them and said they don't pick up phone calls. so only way is to email them and ask them for a renewed support letter
and that's what I did, they auto responded right away telling me what documents need to be submitted.

I have all the documents but my issue of concern is my work permit is expired and is someone here who has experienced this or has knowledge if having an expired work permit result in refusal for support letter renewal?