+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent: PR application in process but still Bridging open work permit application refused

anchsh

Dec 15, 2020
As you don’t have a worker status. I wouldn’t recommend. Figure out your work permit first.
I am at work and just got the refusal letter. In order to ask my employer, I ll have to follow up with them tomorrow. For that , I have to be at work. What should I do? In order to ask my manager and get that all done, I have to go to office. This just happened and I was not expecting it.

Last edited:

Sukhi23

Aug 26, 2020
I am at work and just got the refusal letter. In order to ask my employer, I ll have to follow up with them tomorrow. For that , I have to be at work. What should I do? In order to ask my manager and get that all done, I have to go to office. This just happened and I was not expecting it.
Your employer can’t make you work if you are out of status. Ask your manager if they will apply for that Lmia exemption number. Your employer has to pay for it. It’s 230$.

anchsh

Dec 15, 2020
I am at work and just got the refusal letter. In order to ask my employer, I ll have to follow up with them tomorrow. For that , I have to be at work.
Your employer can’t make you work if you are out of status. Ask your manager if they will apply for that Lmia exemption number. Your employer has to pay for it. It’s 230$.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/eligibility/employer-specific-labout-market-impact-assessment-exemptions.html

Is this the correct URL which my employer can follow?

Does this mean that they'll be posting job offers and duties with a start date and end date on this portal along with employer information etc? ??
After applying, do we have to wait, or can just take that exemption number and apply for a work permit extension?

Last edited:

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/eligibility/employer-specific-labout-market-impact-assessment-exemptions.html

Is this the correct URL which my employer can follow?

Does this mean that they'll be posting job offers and duties with a start date and end date on this portal along with employer information etc? ??
After applying, do we have to wait, or can just take that exemption number and apply for a work permit extension?
Yes submit offer for f employment and pay fees . You will get that number in few minutes and take that number put in your wp application form and apply with restoration application. When you apply you will get a letter in your account to authoritize to work.

Sukhi23

Aug 26, 2020
is that a long process?
I don’t know how long your province take to renew the work permit support letter. The exemption number does not take very long I guess. You have to renew your status first. Google renew status Canada Or ask a lawyer. The work permit itself comes in like 6 days after you apply with a complete application. Should take less than a month to have a approved work permit in hand.

anchsh

Dec 15, 2020
I don’t know how long your province take to renew the work permit support letter. The exemption number does not take very long I guess. You have to renew your status first. Google renew status Canada Or ask a lawyer. The work permit itself comes in like 6 days after you apply with a complete application. Should take less than a month to have a approved work permit in hand.
Does 'Renew Status' mean 'Restoration application'? I don't understand this part. Please explain.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Restoration of status
You may be able to restore your status as a visitor, student or worker within 90 daysof losing it, if you lost it because:
  • you stayed in Canada longer than the period authorized for your stay (but not longer than 90 days).
  • you changed employers, location of employment, or type of work (occupation or level of responsibility) before obtaining a new work permit.
  • you changed the type of studies, educational institutions, location of studies, or times and periods of studies without applying to change these conditions on your study permit if they were specified on your study permit.
You may still be eligible for restoration if you continue to meet the initial requirements for your stay and have not failed to comply with other conditions imposed.
If you wish to obtain a new study or work permit and restore your temporary resident status, you must
  • submit your application within 90 days of losing your status
  • explain all of the facts and circumstances that prevented you from complying with the conditions of your permit
  • keep meeting the requirements for your stay
  • meet all the remaining conditions listed on your permit, and
  • pay your fees
Follow this https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5553-applying-change-conditions-extend-your-stay-canada-worker.html#restoration

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Can I apply for restoration separately? or does it has to be with a work permit?
You have to apply together. When you answer the checklist on cic account it will tell you what are you doing?
applying for study permit, work permit or restoration application. Select restoration of application.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
how do I renew status?
You have to apply work permit application online in gc key account along with restoration application. When you answer checklist on gc account it will tell you how to submit it. As I told you apply from lawyer or consultant don’t do yourself.

anchsh

Dec 15, 2020
You have to apply work permit application online in gc key account along with restoration application. When you answer checklist on gc account it will tell you how to submit it. As I told you apply from lawyer or consultant don’t do yourself.
So, the thing is - I already did LMIA exemption part back in 2019 when I applied for PNP and I was already working in this position as per my PGWP until I got my refusal for BOWP yesterday. Now when you say I need to do LIMA exemption again, that seems unnecessary (because my PNP is already gone through that process in 2019).

Can you please reconfirm?