+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***URGENT - Police Clearance Query

Shori

Apr 18, 2017
Hi guys,

Cut off date for our Express Entry app is 26 Apr. I'm a bit confused with the Police Clearance requirement. My partner is the main applicant and I'm secondary. We are Australian citizens and I'm originally from India. My partner has never lived outside of Australia as an adult (over 18).
I have lived in Oz for the last 13yrs.
1. Do I need to get a Police clearance from India?
2. Also, I have lived in U.K for 11 months or so when I was 18 (I'm 33 now). Do I need a police clearance from U.K too?
3. If police clearances are required, can we submit our app with the Oz police clearance that we have while I wait for the Indian and U.K police clearances?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Shori said:
Hi guys,

Cut off date for our Express Entry app is 26 Apr.By cut-off date you mean the deadline to submit your PR Application? I'm a bit confused with the Police Clearance requirement. My partner is the main applicant and I'm secondary. We are Australian citizens and I'm originally from India. My partner has never lived outside of Australia as an adult (over 18).
I have lived in Oz for the last 13yrs.
1. Do I need to get a Police clearance from India? Yes
2. Also, I have lived in U.K for 11 months or so when I was 18 (I'm 33 now). Do I need a police clearance from U.K too? Yes
3. If police clearances are required, can we submit our app with the Oz police clearance that we have while I wait for the Indian and U.K police clearances? Why did you wait so long for asking this question? You cannot submit your application without PCC unless there are some extreme circumstances where CIC might give you an extension. Indian and UK PCC will not be considered for this unless you have a pretty good reason.

Also, if your husband has visited any country for more than 6 months in total, even in multiple trips, he might need a PCC from that country too.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Shori

Apr 18, 2017
Thanks for your response Maverick.

I found my old Indian police clearance from 2007. That should work, as CIC doesn't mention that it needs to be within specific time for countries you no longer live in.

I think we will just decline the invite as I don't have the UK police clearance and won't get it in time. 26 Apr is when we have to submit our app. Hopefully, we are able to make it in the next draw or not. We have 455 points.

Really stupid on our part that after being invited we were not able to summit the app.

Thanks for your help again.

Cheers