+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT PLEASE !!!! what happens to ME and my student visa if asylum claim fails?

youmbss

Feb 11, 2017

Hey guys, I am in Canada waiting for hearing. I came to Canada with a student visa i later on decided to filed for asylum protection. After i filed, CBSA seized my passport.
My question is
If my asylum fails, what happens to me, what happens to my passport, what happens to my visa ??
would i be sent back to my country ?
i can't go back to my country please help me
please !!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Are you still attending school full time?

shaheersinn

Star Member
Jan 23, 2016
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
App. Filed.......
16th Feb 2016
Doc's Request.
No request
Med's Request
29th May 2016
Med's Done....
6th May 2016
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
10th July
VISA ISSUED...
25th July 2016
LANDED..........
Scheduled on 12th Aug
Hey guys, I am in Canada waiting for hearing. I came to Canada with a student visa i later on decided to filed for asylum protection. After i filed, CBSA seized my passport.
My question is
If my asylum fails, what happens to me, what happens to my passport, what happens to my visa ??
would i be sent back to my country ?
i can't go back to my country please help me
please !!!
You will be issued a removal order if the asylum claim fails. You will have to leave Canada within 30 days. Please do study my posts as they are relevant to your case.

My Advice: You shouldn't have filed for asylum in the first place. But now since you have done that already, await patiently for the asylum process. Forget about your country and focus on your studies and residency in Canada.

youmbss

Feb 11, 2017
You will be issued a removal order if the asylum claim fails. You will have to leave Canada within 30 days. Please do study my posts as they are relevant to your case.

My Advice: You shouldn't have filed for asylum in the first place. But now since you have done that already, await patiently for the asylum process. Forget about your country and focus on your studies and residency in Canada.
ok so there is nothing i can do, so i can't do a recall or something i must leave ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
ok so there is nothing i can do, so i can't do a recall or something i must leave ?
If you're no longer attending school, the your study permit is no longer valid and you're in Canada without status. So even if you withdraw your refugee application, you still need to leave. You've left yourself with only one real option. You have to keep the refugee application active and hope the refugee application being strong enough to succeed.

Bessly

Oct 3, 2017

I have similar case, I am currently an international student but filed for asylum recently, I am still in school, will be graduating in fall of 2019, will I loose my student status if my claim is denied. I don't have anywhere, my focus is on Canada and my studies..please advice

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have similar case, I am currently an international student but filed for asylum recently, I am still in school, will be graduating in fall of 2019, will I loose my student status if my claim is denied. I don't have anywhere, my focus is on Canada and my studies..please advice
I'm not sure what advice you're looking for. As you said yourself, your student status will be lost if your refugee claim is denied. So you have to hope your refugee claim is accepted if you want to remain in Canada.

Bessly

Oct 3, 2017
I went for the eligibility interview and was given a hearing date, but reading from this thread does it mean my status will be invalid even as a current student in school if it's denied. Hopefully it's works out fine

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
When you applied as a refugee, you signed a conditional removal order as part of the paperwork. It's IRCC/CBSA's decision whether to enforce that if your Claim is declined and you exhaust your appeals. You should probably start researching that if you aren't confident about your claim (which it sounds like you aren't).

Bessly

Oct 3, 2017
I have confident of my claim, didn't do it other than personal stuffs, asking questions does not mean am no confident, I think forum like this is to learn from others experience though not take advice at heart. Only asking questions as it concerns me

shaheersinn

Star Member
Jan 23, 2016
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
App. Filed.......
16th Feb 2016
Doc's Request.
No request
Med's Request
29th May 2016
Med's Done....
6th May 2016
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
10th July
VISA ISSUED...
25th July 2016
LANDED..........
Scheduled on 12th Aug
I second scylla's opinion. Please continue your refugee case and make it to the end. You have no other option left.