+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT :parent's visitor's visa refused ..reapplication

aquaCAN

Jul 25, 2011
Hello
Am inviting my in laws from India . They applied their TRV from india this 12 jan 2013 and their visa got rejected on 17 Jan 2013 .

They had ONLY provided bank statement showing approx $12 k in their account. Now i had send them the invitation letter stating i will bear the expenses during their stay , my employment letter and PR copies (but no bank statements or pay stubs as i was told by someone that its not mandatory). My in-laws do not own a property themselves and are living in an apartment owned by their son who is an NRI. but my father in law has been given the power of attorney for the house and he also has his name on the house deed paper!

They do not have any international travel history and they recently got their US visa approved last month !

The rejection reasons are :

"You have not satisfied me that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temp resident. In reaching this decision , i consider several factors including:

1. your personal assets and financial status

2.Am not satisfied that you have sufficient fund including income and assets to carry out stated purpose in going to Canada or maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure.

3.You have not provided sufficient documentation to support your / your host's income and assets

Now that am going to reapply again second time with all the financial proofs from my side, as clearly stated , but i was wondering

firstly, what other documents should be submitted from my in laws side in order to prove that they will return back to their home country at the end of their stay?

secondly , how much bank balance ? (or what personal assets ?)

Any suggestion on the above situation will be highly appreciated . Thanks in advance .

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Read this:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/checklist-visitor-visa-for-parents-t110594.0.html

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
You should have submitted your most recent T4 and notice of assessment, savings, investments, etc. If you can, I would get travel insurance that covers medical for them, submit a copy of your lease(if you're renting) or info about your house(if you have a mortgage).

These will help show that they have accomodation(staying with you) and will reduce the "amount of money" that the visa officer expects to see from your parents.

The invitation letter is also important, as it sheds light on the purpose of the visit. I know in some cultures, when a woman has a baby her mother must be present for support, etc or it could be the first grandchild which every grandparent is excited about, so these would be things to include in the letter.

aquaCAN

Jul 25, 2011
thanks for sharing the information but the situation of a baby is not in the scenario so probably i will have to just let them know its a normal visit . i was also wondering that booking the tickets to Canada and then to US where my Brother in law lives can also be an advantage stating that they would have to leave Canada anyhow after the visit .

Please suggest ! thanks

aquaCAN

Jul 25, 2011
steaky said:
Read this:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/checklist-visitor-visa-for-parents-t110594.0.html

[Hi , i have already checked this link my friend and still i had these questions in my mind so i am looking for more details if that may be around the corner ]thanks

nekara

Jan 22, 2013
As far as bank balance is concerned, somewhere around 1.5 lacs shld be able to get a visitor visa approved. My parents visas for rejected last april when we din attach his bank statement and we reapplied for a single entry visa in dec with 1.4 lacs as bank balance and got it approved for 6months now. make sure he has the money in his a/c atleast for 3 or 4 months and then reapply.