+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent: my wife missed to write a re-test

montreal1009

Feb 24, 2013
We have learned today that my wife was supposed to re-write the exam on dec. 21, 2013 which she unintentionally missed. We just received the notice today. i called the immigration and they advised us to make a letter addressed to them, specifying the reason she was not able to appear on that day. please help me what to say in the letter, the reason and all

thanks in advance

touché

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
montreal1009 said:
We have learned today that my wife was supposed to re-write the exam on dec. 21, 2013 which she unintentionally missed. We just received the notice today. i called the immigration and they advised us to make a letter addressed to them, specifying the reason she was not able to appear on that day. please help me what to say in the letter, the reason and all

thanks in advance
The truth will be a good start. If it's not a strong enough reason then it doesn't bode well for her case.

montreal1009

Feb 24, 2013
montreal1009 said:
what reason is strong enough? do you mind to give me one please
is saying that we just received the notice today not a good reason? what do you think? i'm now starting to make letter

Dejaavu

Aug 17, 2013
When did the mail arrive?
Were you away?

If you were away, you could say you were and provide a proof such as a boarding pass. If the mail arrived just now then you can write that it just arrived today and it was not your fault.

montreal1009

Feb 24, 2013
Dejaavu said:
When did the mail arrive?
Were you away?

If you were away, you could say you were and provide a proof such as a boarding pass. If the mail arrived just now then you can write that it just arrived today and it was not your fault.
we were not really away. the truth is we had not been checking our mails for two weeks because of the inconviniences like snow storms and all. the mail box is a bit away from my place- not a place we pass by going home. besides, everytime we check, we get only flyers most of the time. I think it is our fault/negligence

montreal1009

Feb 24, 2013
montreal1009 said:
we were not really away. the truth is we had not been checking our mails for two weeks because of the inconviniences like snow storms and all. the mail box is a bit away from my place- not a place we pass by going home. besides, everytime we check, we get only flyers most of the time. I think it is our fault/negligence
It was entirely our fault

Dejaavu

Aug 17, 2013
You could write a letter explaining you didn't check your mailbox. You can write that that weather was a major factor and that your mailbox is not that close to walk to or something like that. You will need to be honest and request a retest again and hope for the best.

Probably best to find out from people who experienced similar situation which you already wrote in a different post.
Good luck!

touché

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
Dejaavu said:
You could write a letter explaining you didn't check your mailbox. You can write that that weather was a major factor and that your mailbox is not that close to walk to or something like that. You will need to be honest and request a retest again and hope for the best.

Probably best to find out from people who experienced similar situation which you already wrote in a different post.
Good luck!
Well said. As I said earlier, just tell them the truth. Best of luck.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Don't leave anything to chance. Search for weather report for the period when letter would have been delivered and take a copy of it. Take a screen shot of map showing location of your home and postbox location. Include with your letter. Good luck.

montreal1009

Feb 24, 2013
Pippin said:
Don't leave anything to chance. Search for weather report for the period when letter would have been delivered and take a copy of it. Take a screen shot of map showing location of your home and postbox location. Include with your letter. Good luck.
thanks a lot, you are of great help

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
touché said:
Well said. As I said earlier, just tell them the truth. Best of luck.
Totally agree.