+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

urgent help needed.(specially from NOC 0631 people)

canada_future

Mar 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
0631 & 6242
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
7.5 sent with application
Hi Guys
I want help from you guys. I have been working in a famous Chinese restaurant and perform the duties of restaurant manager(NOC 0631) but there are some issues kindly answer the queries separately.

1) I dont have any diploma/degree in hospitality management rather i have 2 years bachelors in commerce. Am i eligible to apply? will they consider me on this qualification?

2)My shift starts in the afternoon and runs till midnight and when i was pursuing bachelors(B.com) i used to go to college in the morning as it did not affect my work timings. will they consider that period work experience as well? i used to work more than 38 hours a week.

Thanks

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
I am no expert but yes for both questions

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada_future said:
Hi Guys
I want help from you guys. I have been working in a famous Chinese restaurant and perform the duties of restaurant manager(NOC 0631) but there are some issues kindly answer the queries separately.

1) I dont have any diploma/degree in hospitality management rather i have 2 years bachelors in commerce. Am i eligible to apply? will they consider me on this qualification?

2)My shift starts in the afternoon and runs till midnight and when i was pursuing bachelors(B.com) i used to go to college in the morning as it did not affect my work timings. will they consider that period work experience as well? i used to work more than 38 hours a week.

Thanks
Hi

Usually what I have got to know after landing in Canada is that the mail purpose of SW program is to get more skilled applicants and to fill up the shortage which is their in the specified professions so they would want the applicant to have certain about of education which would help him/her to get a job in that particular field.

CHC has not been that strict so far but what I believe after the complete overhaul and change of system they might become strict but it is just a probability. There is not harm in trying and it might work as well.

My suggestion is to give it a try with your best.
Rocky

canada_future

Mar 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
0631 & 6242
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
thanks for the replies..
please need more answers

S

shibuya

Canada is among world's premier tourist and business destinations. Canada is a member of Group 8 and one of the developed nations in the world. It has been observed that in recent years, there has been a constant growth in the restaurant and food service sector in the nation. This has obviously led to an increase in the requirement of the number of professionals in this industry. Citizenship and Immigration Canada has recognized it by including Restaurant and Food Service Managers amongst the list of 29 occupations that have been opened for immigration and permanent resident visa under the skilled worker category to Canada.

One does not need a job offer or work permit to immigrate to Canada if meeting the requirements. He will be given immigration based on his professional qualifications and work experience.

Qualifying Criteria

1.Relevant work experience in the area of food service which must include experience as a supervisor.
2.A college degree or a diploma in Food or Hospitality and Beverage Service Management.
3.Experience of at least one year as a Restaurant manager or in the capacity of food and beverage manager
4.Experience of additional (besides one year as mentioned in 3 above) 2 to 3 years in other positions; overall experience (post qualification) of 2 to 4 years.
Duties & Responsibilities

All the Restaurant and Food Service Managers are expected to perform (at least for one year) some or all of the duties mentioned below:

•They are expected to plan and organize as well as control and assess the restaurant operations as also other F& B activities.
•Deciding on the services to be catered to and execution of other procedures pertaining to operations of the restaurant and or other F&B work areas.
•Overlooking recruitment processes as well as training of the staff in restaurant and/or in other F&B areas.
•Altering prices and processes as per the revenues monitoring and controlling inventories.
•Negotiating with clients for the purpose of catering and for other facilities such as banquets; with suppliers for food etc.
•Catering to customer complaints and following regulations pertaining to health and safety.
Above all, this profession is soon going to be one of the most sought after professions in Canada. The main reason behind this is the multicultural ambiance of the nation which caters to people from different ethnicities. And so, with people from different nations residing together, the need for multi cuisine restaurants tend to arise.

If you qualify the above requirements, you are not very far from reaching the next level in your career.

canada_future

Mar 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
0631 & 6242
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
shibuya said:
Canada is among world's premier tourist and business destinations. Canada is a member of Group 8 and one of the developed nations in the world. It has been observed that in recent years, there has been a constant growth in the restaurant and food service sector in the nation. This has obviously led to an increase in the requirement of the number of professionals in this industry. Citizenship and Immigration Canada has recognized it by including Restaurant and Food Service Managers amongst the list of 29 occupations that have been opened for immigration and permanent resident visa under the skilled worker category to Canada.

One does not need a job offer or work permit to immigrate to Canada if meeting the requirements. He will be given immigration based on his professional qualifications and work experience.

Qualifying Criteria

1.Relevant work experience in the area of food service which must include experience as a supervisor.
2.A college degree or a diploma in Food or Hospitality and Beverage Service Management.
3.Experience of at least one year as a Restaurant manager or in the capacity of food and beverage manager
4.Experience of additional (besides one year as mentioned in 3 above) 2 to 3 years in other positions; overall experience (post qualification) of 2 to 4 years.
Duties & Responsibilities

All the Restaurant and Food Service Managers are expected to perform (at least for one year) some or all of the duties mentioned below:

•They are expected to plan and organize as well as control and assess the restaurant operations as also other F& B activities.
•Deciding on the services to be catered to and execution of other procedures pertaining to operations of the restaurant and or other F&B work areas.
•Overlooking recruitment processes as well as training of the staff in restaurant and/or in other F&B areas.
•Altering prices and processes as per the revenues monitoring and controlling inventories.
•Negotiating with clients for the purpose of catering and for other facilities such as banquets; with suppliers for food etc.
•Catering to customer complaints and following regulations pertaining to health and safety.
Above all, this profession is soon going to be one of the most sought after professions in Canada. The main reason behind this is the multicultural ambiance of the nation which caters to people from different ethnicities. And so, with people from different nations residing together, the need for multi cuisine restaurants tend to arise.

If you qualify the above requirements, you are not very far from reaching the next level in your career.
Hey thanks for the reply...
Is this provided somewhere on cic website? or that is what you have interpreted ?

CanadaVisa4me

Star Member
Aug 5, 2009
canada_future said:
Hi Guys

Thanks
See op6 page 39

Officers must
not take into account whether the applicant meets the “Employment requirements” description
set forth in the NOC for the occupation(s) listed (R80(3));

An employment requirement for 0631 is * Completion of a college or other program related to hospitality or food and beverage service management is usually required.

* Several years of experience in the food service sector, including supervisory experience, are required

MSMirza

Oct 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
.. waiting .. & .. waiting ..
Hello,

In my opinion, Its a YES for both of your questions .. I've got a BBA (Hons) degree in Business Management and did not face any problems pertaining to the educational background in the initial application, (thanks to the Almighty) and hope it'll be the same at the 2nd stage .. Preparing documents these days.. My timelines on the left !! Hope this was helpful.

Good Luck :)

Mirza.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
MSMirza said:
Hello,

In my opinion, Its a YES for both of your questions .. I've got a BBA (Hons) degree in Business Management and did not face any problems pertaining to the educational background in the initial application, (thanks to the Almighty) and hope it'll be the same at the 2nd stage .. Preparing documents these days.. My timelines on the left !! Hope this was helpful.

Good Luck :)

Mirza.
Also my example, i said 1122 in my application that was okayed by CIO and my degree is anything but business management.

canada_future

Mar 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
0631 & 6242
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Thanks to all of you..
it was very helpful to me..
God bless you all :D

Nitesh thakur

Mar 6, 2017
I do fall under same noc which is 0631. My CSR score is 340. PNP pei filed this month.
Any chances to get selected.

Early response would be highly applicable

Thanks

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I'm from the same category but I'm Outland.