+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Help- Got Terminated

SAQ123

Nov 19, 2015
Hello Every one,

Can any body please tell me, would the Termination pay in lieu of noticeperiod counts towards CEC experience?

I got terminated from one of the Alberta`s employer. Please share with reference if any body else went through the same situation .

Thanks,

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tough situation.

I would say probably not as your T-4 and reference letter for that company will state your final day worked.

Someone else might be able to give a more solid answer.

bahmed

Oct 27, 2015
Yes it counts. Doesn't matter if you quit your job or got fired. All they care about is that you worked full-time for at-least 12 months. You don't even have to employed when submiting your application or during the process.

SAQ123

Nov 19, 2015
bahmed said:
Yes it counts. Doesn't matter if you quit your job or got fired. All they care about is that you worked full-time for at-least 12 months. You don't even have to employed when submiting your application or during the process.
My situation is quite bizarre and complicated but straight !

I am short of 3 weeks to my 1 year full time continues employment. I am terminated today with 3 weeks termination pay in lieu of of notice.

if termination notice and termination pay is equal then employer is asking me to stay home, I will pay you for next 3 weeks as per my understanding.

Please experts advice.

bahmed

Oct 27, 2015
When employer fires you without 2 weeks advance notice then they are required to give you two weeks pay. You are not considered employee for those next two weeks.

I would recommend you to get a new job and add two more months of experience. Otherwise you will risk your application and it might get rejeceted.

Basically its the date on your T4 slip.

I got fired too so I know :)

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pay in lieu of notice is paid as a lump sum in your final cheque.

You don't stay on the payroll for three weeks as if you are still working.

SAQ123

Nov 19, 2015
ozlis said:
Pay in lieu of notice is paid as a lump sum in your final cheque.

You don't stay on the payroll for three weeks as if you are still working.
Well, actually planning to apply under Nova Scotia Express Entry Demand Stream. Now, I am not really sure if I can still apply there with 3 weeks short to 1 year.

I would get a job sooner but I know I would end up having low score for Express Entry that is why going for Nova Scotia PNP. Though I have managed to gather more than 1560 hours.

Please advice me, what to should I do now.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
SAQ123 said:
Please advice me, what to should I do now.
What kind of work permit do you have?