+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Updating the EE Profile?

rami2018

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
@rami2018

I did the top-up at BMS as well. WES ECA recognizes Northumbria University top-up BSc as a four year BSc in Canada :D. I spoke to BMS and they are trying to get a Pearson assurance certificate for the diploma. If it is possible i can get the WES ECA for the diploma as well by sending the pearson transcripts. with two credentials my CRS score will be 510.

i didn't try IQAS because it takes too long for an assessment. did you do your ECA with IQAS?

I got my ECA done from IQAS. Without the 2 credentials how much is your CRS score coming as? If its above 450 then you shouldn't be worried.

Heshan Perera

Sep 6, 2018
I got my ECA done from IQAS. Without the 2 credentials how much is your CRS score coming as? If its above 450 then you shouldn't be worried.
CRS score will be 482. But still its better to go with a higher CRS score right ? what was your ECA? did you get ECAs for both BSc and HND ?

rami2018

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
CRS score will be 482. But still its better to go with a higher CRS score right ? what was your ECA? did you get ECAs for both BSc and HND ?

Well that'st there, but the last couple of draws the cut of score was 440, so 482 shouldn't be an issue. Yeap got the ECA for both the HND/BSc.

Heshan Perera

Sep 6, 2018
Well that'st there, but the last couple of draws the cut of score was 440, so 482 shouldn't be an issue. Yeap got the ECA for both the HND/BSc.
Need to know how some information regarding the IQAS ECA

1. When you filled the educational info. what was the institute name and the country name that you gave for the HND and BSc?
2. How did you send the transcripts? from UK institutes or certified photocopies from local institutes?
3. How long did it take to get the ECA done?
4. How much did it cost? for sending transcripts , ECA processing fee, for copies and delivery fee?
5. Does IQAS send copies of the ECA reports to IRCC or do i need to get the copies to SL and send to IRCC?

rami2018

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
Need to know how some information regarding the IQAS ECA

1. When you filled the educational info. what was the institute name and the country name that you gave for the HND and BSc?
2. How did you send the transcripts? from UK institutes or certified photocopies from local institutes?
3. How long did it take to get the ECA done?
4. How much did it cost? for sending transcripts , ECA processing fee, for copies and delivery fee?
5. Does IQAS send copies of the ECA reports to IRCC or do i need to get the copies to SL and send to IRCC?

1. When you filled the educational info. what was the institute name and the country name that you gave for the HND and BSc? - All details were of the UK institutes

2. How did you send the transcripts? from UK institutes or certified photocopies from local institutes? Hard copies along with the application were send by me and also the certificates/transcripts were send directly by the UK institutes. Check the UK institute website how can this be done.

3. How long did it take to get the ECA done? After AOR2 it took 65 days approx.

4. How much did it cost? for sending transcripts , ECA processing fee, for copies and delivery fee? IQAS - CAN$270. Sending via courier would depend as per your location.

5. Does IQAS send copies of the ECA reports to IRCC or do i need to get the copies to SL and send to IRCC? IQAS sends the ECA copy to you. When filling the EE application the ECA number would need to be updated.

Hope this helps.

Heshan Perera

Sep 6, 2018
1. When you filled the educational info. what was the institute name and the country name that you gave for the HND and BSc? - All details were of the UK institutes

2. How did you send the transcripts? from UK institutes or certified photocopies from local institutes? Hard copies along with the application were send by me and also the certificates/transcripts were send directly by the UK institutes. Check the UK institute website how can this be done.

3. How long did it take to get the ECA done? After AOR2 it took 65 days approx.

4. How much did it cost? for sending transcripts , ECA processing fee, for copies and delivery fee? IQAS - CAN$270. Sending via courier would depend as per your location.

5. Does IQAS send copies of the ECA reports to IRCC or do i need to get the copies to SL and send to IRCC? IQAS sends the ECA copy to you. When filling the EE application the ECA number would need to be updated.

Hope this helps.
Thanks a lot mate

KJ2019

Dec 26, 2019
Hi all,

I have couple of concerns when updating the EE profile.

1. Do I need to fill the education section according to my Certificates/ Transcripts (HND and Degree) or should I use the details in the ECA report?
2. The institute in my Certificates are Edexcel (where as in the ECA it is BTEC) and the other is University of Wales Institute Cardiff (where as in the ECA it is University of Wales). What should I put in the EE?
3. The Full/ Complete Academic years for HND is 1.5 years (actual) but in ECA it is 2 years (cant put 1.5 in the EE form). For degree it is a top-up 1 years actual, but in ECA it is 4 years. What shall I put?
4. I cant remember the exact start and end months for both the qualifications (I know the qualification received month). Can I put the ones that I have put for the WES application form?
5. Both qualifications are from United Kingdom. But UK is not in the list now. And I actually did it from my home country not UK. What country should I put? England (London) for HND and Wales (Cardiff) for the other?

Kindly let me know what to do. It would be a great help. Thank you.
May I know what you mentioned as the country of study when you completed the WES IRCC application? And did you submit the necessary documents from the UK awarding university or the local university?

Sadaru

Sep 11, 2023
@rami2018

I did the top-up at BMS as well. WES ECA recognizes Northumbria University top-up BSc as a four year BSc in Canada :D. I spoke to BMS and they are trying to get a Pearson assurance certificate for the diploma. If it is possible i can get the WES ECA for the diploma as well by sending the pearson transcripts. with two credentials my CRS score will be 510.

i didn't try IQAS because it takes too long for an assessment. did you do your ECA with IQAS?
[/QUOTE

Sadaru

Sep 11, 2023
Hi everyone,

I did my Degree (Northumbria University) and Diploma at BMS . I am planning to do the Wes certification. So, I need to give the request to BMS right?
I need some guidance on above
Thank you