+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Updating the application form with cic

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
its not a application wrecking mistake. just an honest mistake. call and correct or through the web form. carry the records during your interview.

its highly unlikely they would find out, but i think if you ask me, pro-actively correcting it is the right thing to do.

alexy2016

Star Member
May 4, 2016
Okay, that is encouraging to see. And would you mind sharing which questions you made mistakes on? And was it related to work history in any way?
Nope. I misunderstood the question with regard to 183 days outside of Canada. I moved here as PR in 2014 so I thought the days I spent in my home country are not included in the 183 days so I answered no and didn't provide a PCC.

The second one I forgot to include my temporary resident visa in another country.

winpro

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
Nope. I misunderstood the question with regard to 183 days outside of Canada. I moved here as PR in 2014 so I thought the days I spent in my home country are not included in the 183 days so I answered no and didn't provide a PCC.

The second one I forgot to include my temporary resident visa in another country.
Hahaha okay. Those were some serious errors but I am glad you had the courage to correct them. I'll follow suit. I just need to talk to call center.

Are you from MB?

alexy2016

Star Member
May 4, 2016
Hahaha okay. Those were some serious errors but I am glad you had the courage to correct them. I'll follow suit. I just need to talk to call center.

Are you from MB?
Yes I'm from Winnipeg, MB.

It's really up to you whether you want to change it or not. I just figured mine have serious errors so I opted to changed it right away. I don't think yours is serious though so in my opinion it's probably better if you just wait for them to contact you for clarification.

winpro

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
Yes I'm from Winnipeg, MB.

It's really up to you whether you want to change it or not. I just figured mine have serious errors so I opted to changed it right away. I don't think yours is serious though so in my opinion it's probably better if you just wait for them to contact you for clarification.
I called them this morning and the agent said it is no big deal but it is advised to be as precise as possible. He told me to write them a letter and mention this. They will update it and life will be good again :).
I am going to probably write a word document and upload through the webform.