Jan 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16-03-15
My wife(Canadian) sent in our package on March 7th and and we've still yet to hear about it being received.
We expected it to take maybe a few weeks but now it's been five and we're starting to get worried.
When she checks online to see if it has been received she gets an error message saying that she's either
entered the wrong info (she hasn't) or they haven't begun processing that (seems more likely). We just didn't
think that it would take this long. The delay has potentially created a big problem though.

One of my background checks is now over three months old, I sent out for a backup because I know they're very strict
on how old a check must be for it to be valid. There is also the potential for a couple of my other checks (we lived overseas for six years) to run past their point of acceptance. It's beginning to create major stress for both of us. The process of getting a check done in Korea after we left the country was more difficult than I could have imagined.

Is there anyway for us to contact someone to find out what's going on or is it just a waiting game that we have to play?

We'd really appreciate any help that the community can give us.

Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
CIC is still working on applications received February 4th. So it's going to be another month or so before they reach your application.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

Police check dates are locked in at the time your application is physically received by CIC (not when they start processing).

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
you are not likely to hear from cic for a little while still. it's currently taking over 60 days for outland acknowledgement of receipt and sponsor approval. you will not know anything about your file until cic begins processing your application along with others received at the same time. according to the cic website, they are currently processing Feb 4 applications. again, it will be some time before they get to march. i would recommend finding the march applicant thread to follow when people begin hearing news.

as for signing into ecas, there's no way to do it before you hear from cic. receipt numbers don't work in the system, and since your application isn't opened yet, there's no possible way for it to be entered in the system. most people are not able to log in until AFTER they receive sponsor approval. ECAS (the electronic system) certainly is NOT a source for finding out what happens with your file. generally, people know the status BEFORE they can log in or anything changes into ecas.

as long as cic received your package BEFORE the 90 day validity of your police records, you're fine. your application has been batched by the day it was delievered, and cic will retroact your "received" date to the date it was delivered (or close to it).

relax. this is normal. most of this process is a waiting game in the dark. start preparing for more silence and not knowing anything until you're contacted by CIC.

Amalthea

May 27, 2014
Vancity
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
18-06-2015
scylla said:
CIC is still working on applications received February 4th. So it's going to be another month or so before they reach your application.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

Police check dates are locked in at the time your application is physically received by CIC (not when they start processing).
Quoted for truth. Please continue to check this link, as sponsor wait times change every week or so, but currently they are about 60 days out - working on Apps received February 4th.

You won't be able to sign into ECAS until after SA, maybe longer. Some people can't sign in until the very end. Don't worry, you're not missing anything. Mine has only ever said "Application Received Sept 23 2014", lmao XD

As long as it was in their hands via the postal service before your 3 month expiry, you're fine.

Timmy Hoho

Jan 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16-03-15
Thanks for the quick responses everyone! We had a feeling that there was a backup in receiving but it's very reassuring to get confirmation from you. I'm guessing that phantom panic moments are going to be the norm for the next several months. Or at least hopefully they're phantom moments.

Thanks again!

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
Timmy Hoho said:
My wife(Canadian) sent in our package on March 7th and and we've still yet to hear about it being received.
We expected it to take maybe a few weeks but now it's been five and we're starting to get worried.
When she checks online to see if it has been received she gets an error message saying that she's either
entered the wrong info (she hasn't) or they haven't begun processing that (seems more likely). We just didn't
think that it would take this long. The delay has potentially created a big problem though.

We'd really appreciate any help that the community can give us.

Thank you!
Also, some info I didnt know before so im just mentioning it..... when I was going on CIC to check status, I was entering all hubbys info as he is the one we are trying to get here and it always said it couldnt find me by that information, and one day i just put in my info and there it was, showing that our application had been received. It makes sense NOW that its under my name as I am the one applying to be the sponsor, but I just assumed it'd be all in his name. So, try entering her info and see if anything comes up. Maybe not today, but soon, as they are working on files from Feb. Totally frustrating tho I know. The wait is unbearable!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Timmy Hoho said:
Thanks for the quick responses everyone! We had a feeling that there was a backup in receiving but it's very reassuring to get confirmation from you. I'm guessing that phantom panic moments are going to be the norm for the next several months. Or at least hopefully they're phantom moments.

Thanks again!
The processing time for the first stage of the outland process regularly fluctuates according to application volumes (I've seen it as high as 120 days). The CIC web site is your best source for up to date information. It may change further (increase or decrease) before your application receives sponsorship approval.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Timmy Hoho said:
One of my background checks is now over three months old, I sent out for a backup because I know they're very strict
on how old a check must be for it to be valid. There is also the potential for a couple of my other checks (we lived overseas for six years) to run past their point of acceptance. It's beginning to create major stress for both of us. The process of getting a check done in Korea after we left the country was more difficult than I could have imagined.
Did you get some sort of delivery confirmation on your application? If so, I wouldn't worry about your near-expiring PCC because as long as it/they are received by CIC (even if that means it's sitting in their incoming mail room) that qualifies as being received.

Once you do hear from CIC, you will see that your AOR date is more than likely going to be that same day that your application was delivered.

Good luck!