+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unique Situation (Received PPR but program start date expired) - Please help!!!

divakariyer

Jan 22, 2019
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
06-02-2019
AOR Received.
06-02-2019
Passport Req..
17-04-2019
LANDED..........
21-11-2019
Hi,

I have a peculiar situation with my wife's student permit.

Details -

Application type - Student Permit (Non-SDS)
Location - India
Application date - Feb 5, 2021
Approval date & PPR request - April 16
Status since PPR - Requested for 2 way courier to VFS

Luckily she received the PPR request before lockdown in India. But, we were not lucky enough to get the stamping done.

Problem we are facing -

The program she applied for is 4 month long diploma. Therefore we got quick approval. It was supposed to start on May 10th, 2021. Now, since that ship has sailed we are working with the institute to get deferred program dates.

Assuming we receive updated approval letter from college. Would she be requested to contact IRCC about the deferral due to delay in stamping? Or will it be enough for her to send the updated letter with dates along the PPR request and passport while 2 way courier services resume for stamping?

I would really appreciate any input on this scenario. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hi,

I have a peculiar situation with my wife's student permit.

Details -

Application type - Student Permit (Non-SDS)
Location - India
Application date - Feb 5, 2021
Approval date & PPR request - April 16
Status since PPR - Requested for 2 way courier to VFS

Luckily she received the PPR request before lockdown in India. But, we were not lucky enough to get the stamping done.

Problem we are facing -

The program she applied for is 4 month long diploma. Therefore we got quick approval. It was supposed to start on May 10th, 2021. Now, since that ship has sailed we are working with the institute to get deferred program dates.

Assuming we receive updated approval letter from college. Will she need to contact IRCC about the deferral due to delay in stamping? Or will it be enough for her to send the updated letter with dates along the PPR request and passport while 2 way courier services resume for stamping?

I would really appreciate any input on this scenario. Thank you in advance.
if deferral is not more than 150 days, no problem. If more, you need to send updated LOA to IRCC via webform (can be done after stamping).

Reactions: rogerdude1

divakariyer

Jan 22, 2019
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
06-02-2019
AOR Received.
06-02-2019
Passport Req..
17-04-2019
LANDED..........
21-11-2019
if deferral is not more than 150 days, no problem. If more, you need to send updated LOA to IRCC via webform (can be done after stamping).
Thank you very much!! Appreciate it.