Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th July 2011
IELTS Request
A bit of a story first so it is clear -

My application was send via DHL on 11th Aug who lost track of the package on 12th Aug - It simply disappeared from the face of the earth and they apologised, said they will try to find what went wrong etc - this was the update earlier today morning after 6 days of handing in the application.

I have just been informed that they made a mistake & the application went globe trekking - to Germany and now in Canada after they tried to locate the shipment with the warehouse team. It seems it was incorrectly send along with another order supposed to reach Germany and was not scanned inspite of going through several countries. I keep hearing that it is a one-off situation as they have never experienced this before but I see this as an opportunity that I might have lost due to the cap closing in - it was supposed to be delivered on 15th Aug and is expected to reach tomorrow.

They have been supportive throughout and agreed that DHL is taking responsibility of the entire situation - also have agreed to email CIC to inform them of the series of events that led to the delay in delivering the shipment .

Please could you let me know if this email will be reciprocated by the authorities or if there is anything else that I can do due to this unforseen situation?

Many thanks

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
I dont think CIC will entertain email or anything other than the (Complete) Application received date. Any comment or reply or consideration from CIO is not gonna happen.

But as you have got nothing to loose, there is no harm in trying.

Moonshinemist

Aug 14, 2011
Sanity...
i thought your application reached on 18th July.. did u reapply? if so whts the status of the first application?

NKKD Hortons

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2011, CC charged: 26-09-2011
AOR Received.
PER on 24-10-2011
No use mailing them. They won't reply.

I claimed a money back from fedex when they delivered mine 3days late as against their promised two day international priority delivery. Especially with this cap thing going, I got really mad at them. The reimbursed my $78.

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi sanity,

I am truly sorry for the situation created by DHL. I never had a good experience with DHL.

Has your NOC already reached its cap?

Unfortunately, CIC will not entertain your request to consider your application. The only occasion when they would accept would be under natural calamity or national or International unrest.

I really do not know how else to help you...but as devil has mentioned - No harm in trying to email them. Atleast it will not bug you in future that you did not try.

Mitali

Vitomanolo16

Star Member
Jun 27, 2011
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2005
Doc's Request.
28-02-2005
Nomination.....
Not applicable
AOR Received.
21-09-2011
IELTS Request
28-02-2005
Med's Request
06-07-2011
Med's Done....
30-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-09-2011 / Passport sent: 14-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2011
LANDED..........
17-APRIL-2012
Hi sanity,

If I were in your shoes, I will not accept a refund. I would probably sue them and ask for damages. What had happened is a life changing experience.... You could have missed out on a lot of opportunities. Plans could have been delayed because of this

zulkfal

Sep 28, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/10/2009
Doc's Request.
15/12/2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06/05/2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Doc's
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/05/2011 (Dated: 24/04/2011)
Med's Done....
09/05/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08/07/2011
VISA ISSUED...
25/07/2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
One of the worst courier company in world. Every time I couriered something through them delayed. Couple of examples,
1) I asked my father to courier me some docs from back home, he went to DHL (near to home). They said it will reach On, Canada in 4 working days. Four days converted into 17 days.
2) I sent my passports to Buffalo through them, passports were help by US custom. After speaking with DHL client services for several time, on third day I called US custom. They informed me that they can't open parcel if carrier representative is not present or if they don't have authorization for sender. I sent copy of passport through email, US custom opened my courier and handed it to DHL courier next morning. DHL staff didn't had time to stay or go to US custom office so they can clear packages.

sanity

Jun 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th July 2011
IELTS Request
Thankyou devilhimself , Mandie , NKKD, Mitali , Vitomanolo, Zulkfal.
I thought so too but was hoping that CIC would consider this situation as DHL agreed to take all responsibility for their action. Nevermind I am just an unlucky bee !

@ Moonshinemist

Yes, it is my second application in a period of 3 weeks. The first reached on 18th July but had to re-do the procedure as I failed to include the transcripts & made other mistakes :(
The second application was to convince myself that I shouldnt sit back and wait for the negative outcome instead attempt it when I still had a ray of hope left.

You never know what plans god has for each one of us so I still believe that this could be for a reason - Not a blonde but still stupid in a way :)

Moonshinemist

Aug 14, 2011
Sanity..
Which are the docs u missed out while filing out the first application.. lets hope they are not major nes and your first application gets accpeted..
Hope for the best...

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Sanity, under which NOC did you apply? Anything other than 1122 and time is on your side to have the application located. If it's NOC 1122 then chances are the NOC cap is already full.

I really don't think emailing CIO will do any good whatsoever. They only consider complete applications that they receive and any delays prior to it reaching them it will not care about.

I hope they find your application soon.

Wayne.

sanity

Jun 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th July 2011
IELTS Request
@Moonshinemist

The only doc that was missing from the initial pack was the transcript - and I made a mistake in the work experience section by not mentioning the 'other' experiences which fall under Skill 0,A,B but instead only quoted the MI occupation. I can still get 67 points without counting the additional experience so I am keeping the faith . Thanks again !

@ Cappucino
Unfortunately , I fall under the most sougted NOC #1122 so my chances are very slim as you rightly pointed out.
Atlast, they managed to deliver the shipment and I have asked for a full refund to which they are saying , they will send an email to CIC and await the response. To my surprise, the management who initially said that this is a one-off mistake claim to have made this mistake previously and the universities/embassy had considered an explanation from them - yet again, I dont know if it the truth but I am keeping the pressure.

Sanity

shijoal

Feb 27, 2011
new delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
newdelhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2011
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
not yet
AOR Received.
06-09=2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
16-01-2012
Med's Done....
24-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
sanity said:
@ Moonshinemist

The only doc that was missing from the initial pack was the transcript - and I made a mistake in the work experience section by not mentioning the 'other' experiences which fall under Skill 0,A,B but instead only quoted the MI occupation. I can still get 67 points without counting the additional experience so I am keeping the faith . Thanks again !

@ Cappucino
Unfortunately , I fall under the most sougted NOC #1122 so my chances are very slim as you rightly pointed out.
Atlast, they managed to deliver the shipment and I have asked for a full refund to which they are saying , they will send an email to CIC and await the response. To my surprise, the management who initially said that this is a one-off mistake claim to have made this mistake previously and the universities/embassy had considered an explanation from them - yet again, I dont know if it the truth but I am keeping the pressure.

Sanity
have ur earlier application reached cic? if yes transcript might not a issue.

shijol

Moonshinemist

Aug 14, 2011
Sanity..
I was informed by my consultant tht this yr transcript is not a must.. if its there well and good .. but if its not there.. no major issues.. so i guess your first application will b taken into consideration..
Moonshinemist