+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

understanding GCMS notes

Sui Generis

Star Member
Jan 27, 2019
Dear All,

I just received my GCMS Notes and need your help in understanding what is happening to my file and suggestions on what to do to make the file move forward. Details of the GCMS Notes and my concerns and questions are below:

AOR – 16.01.2018; FSW-O; PA SINGLE; CRS POINTS – 475: FSW: 70.

NOTES 1

Label: EE Eligibility

Office: Centralized Intake Office

MET R75: FSW Minimum requirement - Appears MET R76: Selection Criteria - FSW appears MET FSW Points total: 70 Ready to finalize RPRF: complete

CRS Score at invitation to ITA 475 CRS Points minimum score for round: 436 CRS score at application (APR): 475 CRS Score point assessed - 450 i have reviewed for the following CRS points: PA gained points as SINGLE at ITA and APR PA gained points for 2+ year(s) for foreign work experience with ***************. ecod #**********

FOSS/GCMS: PA: No trace other than present application

FAMILY COMPOSITION: SINGLE. Never married. No indication of previous marriages/cl partners. No declared children.

MEDICALS: All valid for 6 months or more

PASSPORTS: All valid for 6 months or more

WORK EXPERIENCE: Lock-in Date: 2018-01-16 Primary Occupation: NOC 0213 Computer & Information system Managers.

EDUCATION CREDENTIAL(S) PROVIDED: Master’s degree: Master of science 2015-08 to 2017/12 - IT Project Coordinator (NOC - 0213) - at ***************. ecod #********** - Letter dated 2017-12-06 appears to confirm employment in declared occupation throughout the specified period, and provided job description which is consistent with the lead statement and main duties as set out in the declared NOC category. Letter confirms salary of N*,***,*** per annum - Letter confirms full/time employment; CRS Foreign Work: 2 year and 5 months. CRS Foreign work: 2 year and 5 months 2014 - 09 to 2015-02 - IT support Analyst (NOC: 0213) - at ***************. ecod #********** - Letter confirms full/time employment - Job description not consistent with the lead statement and main duties. FSW Work: 1 year CRS Foreign Work: 2 year(s) 5 Mpnth(s)

SETTLEMENT FUNDS: Review Required Family of 1 requires CAD $12,747 NOTE: EDOC ********

NOTES 3

REVIEW TYPE: Program Assistant APPLICATION NOS: XXXXXXXXX REGULATION: FSW I have reviewed this application based on the docs submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and note the following. MIN.SCORE: 436 CRS SCORE: 475 Principal Applicant Application Promoted: New UCI Review Notes for Representative: Does NOT have Representative. PA Medical attached to UCI: Yes. Client Fees: Verified ----- LANGUAGES ----- PA 1 –English-IELTS – Met Threshold – Verified-----EDUCATION---- PA 1-ECA report Verified on issuing agency website; foreign credential confirmed on ECA site ECA Canadian Equivalency Summary reported by issuing agency as Master’s degree . Foreign credential provided ----- POLICE CERT----- PA 1 – United Kingdom PCC: provided NRT. 2 Nigeria PCC – NRT. PA: Statutory details located in separate GCMS note. Recommendation: Review Required. Docs set for review: Client information ---- AGE ---- Applicant’s age reviewed and no changes from ITA to e-APR

Some Background:

1. I am using 2 work experiences and same NOCs for my FSW application

2. It says the 2nd work experience which is only 6 months and not calculated as part of total work experience is not consistent with the lead statement and main duties, does this affect my application decision. 1st work experience is 2yrs 5months which is my current total

3. Why the drop in my Verified CRS points (from 475 to 450)

4. Settlement fund says REVIEW REQUIRE: is that normal ?
hi, sir , Did you receive a final decision cuz am in a same situation as you

Missrebel801

Sep 27, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-04-2018
AOR Received.
8-05-2018
Med's Request
03-10-2018
Med's Done....
17-10-2018
Please help. April 13 2018 inland applicant.

Ordered notes. Part for security says not started. Has a due date of 02/2020!!

Our 12 months is up in 10 days. I’m expecting delays due to CBSA involvement but does this 2020 date mean it could be as long as then to review security check?

UKDreamer

Star Member
Feb 15, 2018
Please help. April 13 2018 inland applicant.

Ordered notes. Part for security says not started. Has a due date of 02/2020!!

Our 12 months is up in 10 days. I’m expecting delays due to CBSA involvement but does this 2020 date mean it could be as long as then to review security check?
We have discussed this due date issue in another post in the past. I am not the expert here, but It means nothing for the processing of your application because many people had due dates and never got finalized by that date. All people I asked passed that date with no news, including myself.

However, my advise is that you ask here in the forum if someone had their applications approved before they reached the due date... This will give you an indication of how things work.

Good luck,

kruhiputar

Mar 22, 2018
Hi, folks!
Please find time to check this huge amount of text (but I think it provides a context) regarding my partner's and mine situation (EE FSW inland application, AOR Sep. 2018). Any insight, or suggestion, reading of this GCMS notes will be greatly, tremendously appreciated!

FYI, the PA submitted a request for Visitor Record Extension prior to submitting the EE-PR app - we were thinking about going back to our home country and applying from there, but hoped for a quick processing being in Canada - lol/sobbing -, and made a decision to apply inland after the extension request was submitted.
So, the EE-FSW inland app was submitted while PA had his VR extension app processing, and while dependent was on valid VR.
Due to a 5+ months processing time for the VR extension, PA submitted an Additional document (Letter of Explenation) via on-line form to additionally acknowledge dual intent (having PR app processing), and ask for a date specific extension based on the official estimated app decision date (which was 25th March 2019).
Then, 2 days after the document was received by the responsible agent, PA's request was refused with no specific reason (copy-paste of all possible reasons).
Dependent did the same for her VR extension (meaning presented the same text with same reasons as an additional info in regard to the VR extension) and was granted the extension.
Afraid that PA would be refused again if he was to apply for the restoration (which would then most definitely be a red flag), and having the estimated finalization of PR date so near (+ our lawyer said to just wait it out for that little while) we stayed until now. We are going back to our home country (within the 90 day of possible restoration period) by the end of this week, and will wait for our, hopefully positive, decision to be made there.
We are planning to make a change of address, and then send additional Letter of explanation to address the issues stated in the Notes.
I would love to hear your suggestions how to tackle this situation, so do check this loooooong, loong post.
Please and thank you!

So here we go:

FSW Inland, AOR 2018/09/25, 2 applicants
R10: 2018/10/24
Primary Office: Montreal Immigration
Transferal to Montreal: 2018/11/30 due to Workload (re)-distribution
Secondary Office: Centralized Intake Office

App Status: Open
App Status Reason: In Progress

ASSESSMENTS

Eligibility: Review Required
Security: Not Started
HIRV: (blank)
Criminality: In Progress
Org Crime: (blank)
Medical: Passed (2018/10/23)
Misrepresentation: (blank)
Info Sharing: Complete (2019/10/24)
Other Reqs: (blank)
Final: (blank)

No SS codes present on the file.
Misrepresentation sections are either blank or 0.
Security: Not started (for both PA and dependent)

App. last updated: beginning of 2019/02
GCMS Notes Request: end of 2019/02, received within 31 days
App. Assignment: Assigned To: RC-2710 Assigned By: (code) Due Date: mid 2019/03

NOTES: 1

Created Date: 2019/02/xx Created By: (code)
Updated Date: Updated By: (same data as above)

Restricted: No
Office: Montreal Immigration

Text: Case Analyst: Lock-in Date: 2018-09-xx_xxxxxxxxxx PA: (Surname, Name) - EE FSW Having analyzed this application based on the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file, I make the following recommendation.
ANALYST RECOMMENDATION: Review Required

MI3 SUMMARY NOTES: CIO RECOMMENDS PASS CRIMINALITY FOR BOTH PA AND SPOUSE. SPOUSE HAS 2 UCI. UCI #xxxxxxxx IS HOUSEHOLDED.
POTENTIAL ADVERSE INFO: IN 2018, PA WAS REFUSED 2 VR AND 1 WP.
A11.2: Appears Met
R75: FSW MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - Appears Met
R76: SELECTION CRITERIA - FSW POINTS/Funds: Appears Met
FSW points total: 74
Ready to Finalize RPRF: Complete

Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) CRS Score at invitation to apply (ITA) 462
CRS points minimum score for round: 442
CRS score at application (APR): 462
I have reviewed the following for CRS points: PA gained points as COMMON-LAW at ITA and APR PA gained points for 3+ year(s) Foreign Work Experience with "xyz, edoc#xxxxxx" & "xyz, edoc# xxxxxx"

INTEGRATED SEARCH (FOSS/GCMS): PA: Not in Status

POTENTIAL ADVERSE INFORMATION: - PA WAS REFUSED A VR IN 2018. AGENT NOTE ARE AS FOLLOW: CLIENT IS REQUESTING A VISITOR FOR TOURISM. CLIENT HAS BEEN IN CANADA SINCE 2017/xx/xx. CLIENT HAS HAD SUFFICIENT TIME TO TOUR CANADA. I AM NOT SATISFIED CLIENT CONTINUES TO BE A BONA FIDE VISITOR. APPLICATION REFUSED. - PA WAS REFUSED A WP IN 2018. AGENT NOTE ARE AS FOLLOW: CLIENT IS CITIZEN OF xxx. BASED ON THE INFORMATION PROVIDED, I AM NOT SATISFIED THE CLIENT MEETS ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR THE IEC PROGRAM DUE TO THE DISCONTINUANCE REQUIREMENT. APPLICATION REFUSED. - PA WAS REFUSED A VR IN 2018. AGENT NOTE ARE AS FOLLOW: APPLICANT IS REQUESTING A VR EXTENSION. WAS AUTHORIZED TO ENTER CANADA ON WP 2017-xx-xx VALID TO 2018/xx/xx. APPLICATION RECEIVED ON 2018/xx/xx. STATUS AS A TEMPORARY RESIDENT HAS EXPIRED. HAS NOT SUBMIT AN APPLICATION FOR EXTENSION OF THEIR TEMPORARY RESIDENT STATUS ON OR BEFORE THE EXPIRY OF THE AUTHORIZED PERIOD. APPLICATION REFUSED AND ADVISED FOR RESTORATION. SPOUSE/CL: In Status valid until: 2019-xx-xx NO ADVERSE INFORMATION: NOTE: -PA HAS A PREVIOUS EE APPLICATION: Wxxxxxxxx (EXPIRED CANDIDATE) -SPOUSE HAS PREVIOUS EE APPLICATIONS: Exxxxxxx (NOT ELIGIBLE CANDIDATE) Wxxxxxxx (INVITATION SENT) -PA HAS A VALID TRV UNTIL 2020/xx/xx

COMMON-LAW since xxxx-xx-xx; Statutory declaration of CL is on file; Spouse is ACCOMPANYING No indication of previous marriages/cl partners No declared children MEDICALS: All NOT valid for 6 months or more PA - Passed, Valid until: 2019-xx-xx SPOUSE - Passed, Valid until: 2019-xx-xx PASSPORTS: All valid for 6 months or more

WORK EXPERIENCE: Lock-in Date: 2018-09-xx Primary Occupation: NOC 1243 Medical administrative assistants xxxx-xx to xxxx-xx - Festival Promotion Coordinator (NOC: 1123) - at xyz - eDoc# xxxxxx - Web-based search confirms employer information - Letter dated 2018-xx-xx appears to confirm employment in declared occupation throughout the specified period, and provides a job description which is consistent with the lead statement and main duties as set out in the declared NOC category. NOTE: -EMPLOYER VERIFIED AND ADRESS CONFIRMED ON (web-site link)/ - Letter confirms salary of xxx$/YEAR - Letter confirms full/time employment; CRS Foreign Work: 1 year and 1 month. Xxxx-xx to xxxx-xx - Paediatric Practice Administrator (NOC: 1243) - at xyz- eDoc# xxxxx - Letter dated 2018-xx-xx appears to confirm employment in declared occupation throughout the specified period, and provides a job description which is consistent with the lead statement and main duties as set out in the declared NOC category. NOTE: - EMPLOYER NOT VERIFIED: WEB SEARCH INCONCLUSIVE - Letter confirms salary of xxx$/YEAR - Letter confirms full/time employment; FSW Work: 2 years and 4 months. CRS Foreign Work: 2 years and 4 months. FSW Work: 1 year CRS Foreign Work: 3+ year(s)
WORK EXPERIENCE: 2-3 year(s), 11 FSW Points
ADAPTABILITY: 5 FSW Points Spouse has language Proficiency
SETTLEMENT FUNDS: Appears To Meet Approx.
CAD $20k+ - CAD $xxx as per BANK no.1 statement at xxxx-xx-xx; - CAD $xxx as per Bank no2 statement at xxxx-xx-xx; - CAD $xxxx as per Bank no.3 statement at xxx-xx-xx; Family of 2 requires CAD $15 531

NOTES: 2
Created Date: 2018/10/xx
Created By: (code)
Restricted: No
Text:
REVIEW TYPE: Program Assistant APPLICATION #: xxxxxx REGULATION: FSW I have reviewed this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and note the following. MIN.SCORE: 442 CRS SCORE: 462 Principal Applicant Application Promoted: Existing UCI Spouse Application Promoted: Existing UCI Primary Applicant Medical Attached to UCI: Yes Spouse Medical Attached to UCI: Yes Client Fees: Verified —LANGUAGES— Principal Applicant English- IELTS and Met Threshold & Verified Spouse English- IELTS and Verified —EDUCATION— Primary Applicant ECA report Verified on issuing agency website; foreign credential confirmed on ECA site ECA Canadian Equivalency Summary reported by issuing agency as Bachelor's degree 3 years and bachelors degree 4 years Foreign credential provided Spouse ECA report Verified on issuing agency website; foreign credential confirmed on ECA site ECA Canadian Equivalency Summary reported by issuing agency as Bachelor's degree 3 years Foreign credential provided —POLICE CERTIFICATE— Primary Applicant RCMP Screening NRT (home-country) police certificate: Provided-NRT R10 OK Recommendation: Pass Criminality Spouse RCMP Screening NRT (home-country) police certificate: Provided-NRT R10 OK Recommendation: Pass Criminality —AGE—Applicant's age reviewed and No Change from ITA to e-APR —DOCUMENTS SET FOR REVIEW— Client Information Passport -WP

kruhiputar

Mar 22, 2018
Oh, and one more thing -
if I understand correctly, the Activity section in the GCMS notes should be read from the last to no.1 activity, meaning that the no.1. is the most recent activity/status/stage.
Here is what Activity section looks like in our notes, and please take notice that in No. 1 Selection-EE Econ new value is cancelled!?
What is this regarding, does that mean the application is cancelled, or some further action is cancelled, what would be that activity? Is further investigation regarding the review required status cancelled? What is going on - I'm trying to be positive, but there is no similar situation info on this forum, and I am losing hope.

Here's the GCMS content:
Throughout Activity 1-7 sections Created Date, Created by, Update Date, Updated by are left blank.

- ACTIVITY: 1
UCI, Name: PA Surname, Name

Sub-Activity/Activity Type: Selection-EE Econ
Field Name: Status
New Value: Cancelled

- ACTIVITY: 2
New Value: Not Started

- ACTIVITY: 3
New Value: Review Required

- ACTIVITY: 4

UCI, Name: Dependent Surname, Name
Sub-Activity/Activity Type: Security
Office: GCMS-System

- ACTIVITY: 5

Sub-Activity/Activity Type: Security
Office: GCMS-System

ACTIVITY: 6
UCI, Name: Dependent Surname, Name
Sub-Activity/Activity Type: RCMP Screening
New Value: No Reportable Trace

ACTIVITY: 7 

Sub-Activity/Activity Type: RCMP Screening
New Value: No Reportable Trace

At the beginning of the notes (generated end of Feb) there is also this:
App. Assignment: Assigned To: RC-2710, Assigned By: (code), Due Date: mid 2019/03.
Plus bare in mind that the App. was last updated (by Case Analyst) beginning of 2019/02.

Would anyone please comment, I'm deep in spiral of doubt and worry.
Thanks for understanding and your time!!

Good luck to everybody.

manishdamani271

Star Member
May 10, 2013
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bIDJCb3ruF8KkrKXA9FqzI_XPJ25Ip25

Hello Friends, I need some help to understand my GCMS notes. My AOR is 21st October and today I have received my GCMS notes. Document has different NOTES section.

NOTE: 2
REVIEW REQUIRED R75 FSW MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - MET R76: SELECTION CRITERIA - FSW POINTS: REVIEW REQUIRED R76 : SELECTION CRITERIA - FUNDS : REVIEW REQUIRED FSW points total : 70 RPRF

NOTES: Dependent Disassociation --- document set for review

Do I need to provide new set of documents for POF ? And what should I do for dependent disassociation review ? My wife is Canadian PR holder and I have made her non accompanying in my application. I did attach PR card / Canadian bank statements of my wife in my application.

Kindly help and guide me.

RT_Delhi

Dec 19, 2018
Delhi
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
27-11-2018
AOR Received.
16-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018
Have you seen my notes?. My Bank letter and amount are with consistent wit cic requirements why they have review required i don't know. Their are no comments either by case analyst.
Hi
Just wanted to check if you have received your ppr by now?

deeps1987

Jun 2, 2018
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bIDJCb3ruF8KkrKXA9FqzI_XPJ25Ip25

Hello Friends, I need some help to understand my GCMS notes. My AOR is 21st October and today I have received my GCMS notes. Document has different NOTES section.

NOTE: 2
REVIEW REQUIRED R75 FSW MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - MET R76: SELECTION CRITERIA - FSW POINTS: REVIEW REQUIRED R76 : SELECTION CRITERIA - FUNDS : REVIEW REQUIRED FSW points total : 70 RPRF

NOTES: Dependent Disassociation --- document set for review

Do I need to provide new set of documents for POF ? And what should I do for dependent disassociation review ? My wife is Canadian PR holder and I have made her non accompanying in my application. I did attach PR card / Canadian bank statements of my wife in my application.

Kindly help and guide me.
My 2 cents... I do not think dependent disassociation is not an issue. I think it is usual for dependents who are already Canadian citizen or PR holder. Nothing to be done.

For RR, your review is on R76 which is Selection criteria. Can you check in your GCMS, somewhere between page 11 to 15 (approx), under EE ELIGIBILITY, there would be a Sub-Activity of Type : Candidate - FSW. Is the score more than 67?

manishdamani271

Star Member
May 10, 2013
My 2 cents... I do not think dependent disassociation is not an issue. I think it is usual for dependents who are already Canadian citizen or PR holder. Nothing to be done.

For RR, your review is on R76 which is Selection criteria. Can you check in your GCMS, somewhere between page 11 to 15 (approx), under EE ELIGIBILITY, there would be a Sub-Activity of Type : Candidate - FSW. Is the score more than 67?
Hi.. Thank you for your reply.

Type: Candidate - FSW
Status - Met
Score - 70

So I am taking this as good sign. :)

Whiletime

May 3, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hello guys,

Need your help in understanding the GCMS notes I received today. I'm a FSW-O candidate and my AoR is 14 Dec 2018.

Page 2:
Assessments
Eligibility: Not started
Security: Not started
HIRV:
Criminality: Not started
Medical: Passed

Page 112:
Office: Centeralized intake office
Review type: Program Assistant APPLICATION: #EEProfileNo REGULATION: FSW I have reviewed this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and the note following. MIN Score: 449 CRS SCORE: 467 Principal applicant application promoted: New UCI Spouse Application Promoted: New UCI Primary Applicant Medical Attached to UCI: Yes Spouse Medical Attached to UCI: Yes Client Fees: Verified —LANGUAGES— Principal Applicant English- IELTS and Met Threshold & Verified Spouse English- IELTS and Verified —EDUCATION— Primary Applicant ECA report Verified on issuing agency website; foreign credential confirmed on ECA site ECA Canadian Equivalency Summary reported by issuing agency as Bachelor's degree 3 years and bachelors degree 4 years Foreign credential provided Spouse ECA report Verified on issuing agency website; foreign credential confirmed on ECA site ECA Canadian Equivalency Summary reported by issuing agency as Bachelor's degree 3 years Foreign credential provided —POLICE CERTIFICATE— Primary Applicant RCMP Screening NRT (home-country) police certificate: Provided-NRT R10 OK Recommendation: Pass Criminality Spouse RCMP Screening NRT (home-country) police certificate: Provided-NRT R10 OKRecommendation: Pass Criminality —AGE—Applicant's age reviewed and No Change from ITA to e-APR - DOCUMENTS SET FOR REVIEW - Client information

Somewhere in between
Status - Met
Score - 76

I just wanted to know if they have started looking at the file? Or as mentioned nothing has started?
Also the date of generation is 25th Mar 19, does it mean it's the status as at that date?

Last edited:

Sui Generis

Star Member
Jan 27, 2019
Hello guys,

Need your help in understanding the GCMS notes I received today. I'm a FSW-O candidate and my AoR is 14 Dec 2018.

Page 2:
Assessments
HIRV:

Page 112:
Review type: Program Assistant APPLICATION: #EEProfileNo REGULATION: FSW I have reviewed this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and the note following. MIN Score: 449 CRS SCORE: 467 Principal applicant application promoted: New UCI Spouse Application Promoted: New UCI Primary Applicant Medical Attached to UCI: Yes Spouse Medical Attached to UCI: Yes Client Fees: Verified —LANGUAGES— Principal Applicant English- IELTS and Met Threshold & Verified Spouse English- IELTS and Verified —EDUCATION— Primary Applicant ECA report Verified on issuing agency website; foreign credential confirmed on ECA site ECA Canadian Equivalency Summary reported by issuing agency as Bachelor's degree 3 years and bachelors degree 4 years Foreign credential provided Spouse ECA report Verified on issuing agency website; foreign credential confirmed on ECA site ECA Canadian Equivalency Summary reported by issuing agency as Bachelor's degree 3 years Foreign credential provided —POLICE CERTIFICATE— Primary Applicant RCMP Screening NRT (home-country) police certificate: Provided-NRT R10 OK Recommendation: Pass Criminality Spouse RCMP Screening NRT (home-country) police certificate: Provided-NRT R10 OKRecommendation: Pass Criminality —AGE—Applicant's age reviewed and No Change from ITA to e-APR - DOCUMENTS SET FOR REVIEW - Client information

Somewhere in between
Status - Met
Score - 76

I just wanted to know if they have started looking at the file? Or as mentioned nothing has started?
Also the date of generation is 25th Mar 19, does it mean it's the status as at that date?
For your first question i don't have the expertise to answer it. For second question sir, yes it's the date of creation of notes.
Couldn't understand why is there review reqd. for client info ? , cuz everything looks fine.

Reactions: Whiletime

Whiletime

May 3, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hello guys,

Page 2:
Assessments
HIRV:

Page 112:

Somewhere in between
Status - Met
Score - 76

Also I see multiple application Paras where eligibility moves from not started to calculate to calculation in progress to passed candidate and then back to not started. They are either updated by siebel administration or gcms notes. Wanted to know if the eligibility has indeed started or just system logs captured in the notes.

Also they've shared biometric fcc to US, NZ and AUS. All having status - No fingerprints. While there's an updated from US after a month and status has changed to NRT. Does this mean they are awaiting info from others to complete criminality?

Sorry for asking so many questions. It's just that it's been 4 months and the gcms notes state neither eligibility, security or criminality has been started.

Preet_Singh

Star Member
May 16, 2018
recieved 3rd set of GCMS
on last pages 2 codes mentioned on right top
s.15.(1)
S.13(1)(a)

any idea any this , mine is spousal application