+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UNABLE TO VALIDATE FORM/PARTS OF CITIZENSHIP FORM NOT FILLABLE

Fpm800

Star Member
Jun 26, 2017
On the new citizenship application form 0002 (10-2020) is anyone having issues filling out certain parts because it does not allow you to write on the available boxes? For example, on question 15 (language evidence) all the boxes are grayed out and will not let me write down my IELTS information.

Would it be fine for me to hand write it after validating the form and printing it out?

I am also having issues validating the form because it keeps saying that "Alias/Nickname, maiden name, etc. cannot be the same as Full Name" and "to date must be greater than from date."

Last edited:

Fpm800

Star Member
Jun 26, 2017
I have already tripled checked all the information and everything entered is correct. The name thing does not make sense, ie the names are not the same as the FULL NAME, and the "to" dates are after the "from" date as shown. I have also downloaded a separate copy of the application document and filled it out again but the same thing happens. I also tried a separate computer but same issue. Tried downloading a separate pdf program but same issue. JavaScript is already enable.

I ran out of ideas. I don't want my application to be returned just because of this glitch on the form not allowing it to be validated. HELP!!!!!!

Fpm800

Star Member
Jun 26, 2017
I figured it out. The form is very sensitive. I run an older version of Adobe for work and had originally opened the file with it. Downloaded the new version of Adobe reader then downloaded the citizenship application file again. This time I was able to validate it and fill out everything that's required.

Hope it helps anyone in the future.

Rakit

Apr 2, 2018
On the new citizenship application form 0002 (10-2020) is anyone having issues filling out certain parts because it does not allow you to write on the available boxes? For example, on question 15 (language evidence) all the boxes are grayed out and will not let me write down my IELTS information.

Would it be fine for me to hand write it after validating the form and printing it out?

I am also having issues validating the form because it keeps saying that "Alias/Nickname, maiden name, etc. cannot be the same as Full Name" and "to date must be greater than from date."
Hello
1- for me I have under my calculator (2016-03-14 to 2021-03-13), under the form it does not allow me to fill from , I can fill only to 13-03-2021 than it gives me eligibility 2016-03-13 to 2021-03-13 , like a one day different between the two .did that happen to you also.
2-for proof of language I am 55 , so when I left the Q15 blank can not validate the documents , should I answer either no/ yes than send an explanation letter!
3-for question number 5 , for my understanding if we did not change or used any names we can live it blank!
can have your support regarding my 1-2 questions please

Fpm800

Star Member
Jun 26, 2017
Hello
1- for me I have under my calculator (2016-03-14 to 2021-03-13), under the form it does not allow me to fill from , I can fill only to 13-03-2021 than it gives me eligibility 2016-03-13 to 2021-03-13 , like a one day different between the two .did that happen to you also.
2-for proof of language I am 55 , so when I left the Q15 blank can not validate the documents , should I answer either no/ yes than send an explanation letter!
3-for question number 5 , for my understanding if we did not change or used any names we can live it blank!
can have your support regarding my 1-2 questions please
1. The "from" date automatically gets created once you input the to date. That's what happened to my application.
2. The form is very sensitive. You cannot leave anything unanswered. I believe they do this so there's less of a chance of an incomplete application. I would put "no" based in the question then explain it on your cover letter.
3.i would assume you are correct on this one. Hope a more senior member can give their opinion on this question.

nfp

Jul 19, 2019
I figured it out. The form is very sensitive. I run an older version of Adobe for work and had originally opened the file with it. Downloaded the new version of Adobe reader then downloaded the citizenship application file again. This time I was able to validate it and fill out everything that's required.

Hope it helps anyone in the future.
Thanks so much! I am about to submit my application today. Last night I saved all my docs and validated my forms. This morning I went to the library computer to print and it was giving me an error that 'to date' should be great than the 'from date'. Which was the case for me. I will try printing with a computer in the office that has the latest version of adobe. Let's hope this works!