+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Typo - Wrong passport number in imm0008

maximaxi

Jul 3, 2020
Hello, I want to thank anyone who answer my question in advance.
I happened to check my form and I found that I made a mistake in imm0008 on my passport number.
The number is correct but I accidentally typed a ”7” behind it. So it should be xxxxxxx, but I typed xxxxxxx7. I’m wondering will this cause my application to be sent back? I have attached a copy of my passport with the application, and I wonder if they will find the typo and correct it for me?
If not how should I correct this typo?
Thanks!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Send a webform. It's possible will be sent back, but also possible will be caught at some point checking data.

maximaxi

Jul 3, 2020
Send a webform. It's possible will be sent back, but also possible will be caught at some point checking data.
Thank you, I sent a webform with UCI from my study permit because I haven’t receive AOR yet.
Now I just wish they don’t find the error and process the application so I can correct it by webform.

mgmann0001

Star Member
Aug 11, 2020
Thank you, I sent a webform with UCI from my study permit because I haven’t receive AOR yet.
Now I just wish they don’t find the error and process the application so I can correct it by webform.
Hi did u receive ur aor or any communication from ircc?

Reactions: Eramiel

maximaxi

Jul 3, 2020
Hi did u receive ur aor or any communication from ircc?
Hi I made an IRCC online form and they replied me saying will help me correct the info. I received a letter asking me to make sure biometric is paid last month, I don’t know if that is an AOR or not. Also I got the open work permit last week.

mgmann0001

Star Member
Aug 11, 2020
Hi I made an IRCC online form and they replied me saying will help me correct the info. I received a letter asking me to make sure biometric is paid last month, I don’t know if that is an AOR or not. Also I got the open work permit last week.
Oh good tht means ur issue got solved with webform i hv also raised a webform 3 weeks ago and still waiting for the reply

maximaxi

Jul 3, 2020
Oh good tht means ur issue got solved with webform i hv also raised a webform 3 weeks ago and still waiting for the reply
I think its solved. I mean if anything at least I did follow my obligation and noticed them.
Actually I have sent the form twice. The first time was before my file was created so they replied me immediately saying they couldnt find my file and asked me to wait.
The second time was after I got that biometric letter and I got a file number, so I sent a form the second time. It took them like 3 weeks to reply saying they will follow up the issue.

mgmann0001

Star Member
Aug 11, 2020
I think its solved. I mean if anything at least I did follow my obligation and noticed them.
Actually I have sent the form twice. The first time was before my file was created so they replied me immediately saying they couldnt find my file and asked me to wait.
The second time was after I got that biometric letter and I got a file number, so I sent a form the second time. It took them like 3 weeks to reply saying they will follow up the issue.
Oh thanks for the help i am actually waiting from 3 weeks for their reply now from ur past experience i can understand that they take 3 to 4 weeks to give reply