+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two or more degrees option gone? e-APR

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
pats2177 said:
Alright so I created my new EE profile post withdrawing the old profile which was expiring end of this month.

Just to help others, I also had 3 years Bachelors and 1 year Post graduate diploma and I had selected 2 or more certificates before but while creating my new EE profile I saw that the same option of 2 or more is not available anymore.

Based on the feedback from people on this thread, I selected my 1 year post graduate diploma as 1 year university study and the tool autocalculated it as 2 or more degrees and i got the same point as was reflecting in my previous profile.

So do not worry about the 2 or more degree option, just select your individual qualification and the tool will work itself out.

Regards,
P

Thanks for confirming.

vector911

Jan 5, 2017
Hi All!

My EE profile was automatically updated without any change on my part to reduce my spouse's education points to 0. After reviewing all forums and my profile, I have realised that it is due to the "two or more degrees" field being deleted under ECA section in the online profile.

My wife has a 5 Year Law Degree (B.A L.L.B) from India and it was evaluated for Canadian Equivalency as "Dual Bachelor's Degree (four years)" by WES. It was therefore falling under the category "two or more degrees" and giving her 9 points. But due to the recent change, the system failed to recognize that entry and gave 0 points.

While trying to update, I have selected her education of 5 years and chosen "bachelors Degree" as that is the only option available for now. But that the system is recognizing as one degree and giving only 8 points. AS a result, I am missing the current CRS threshold by one point! :(

Can someone in a similar situation please advise if WES ECA Report stating "Dual Bachelor's Degree (four years)" can be added as two separate degrees as my wife has a B.A (Law) Degree issued after 3 years and a B.A.L.L.B degree issued after 5 years completion. Would that be a correct representation of the WES Report or is the 5 Year Law Degree to be used as one entry and thus falling only under Bachelor's Degree.

Also, can WES issue a revised report on the basis of this new change in CIC system to correctly reflect what should now be chosen as "Dual Bachelor's Degree (four years)" falls under "two or more degrees" as per CIC site as of now also under ECA Conversion Page.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

cpsingh

Star Member
Jul 29, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vector911 said:
Hi All!

My EE profile was automatically updated without any change on my part to reduce my spouse's education points to 0. After reviewing all forums and my profile, I have realised that it is due to the "two or more degrees" field being deleted under ECA section in the online profile.

My wife has a 5 Year Law Degree (B.A L.L.B) from India and it was evaluated for Canadian Equivalency as "Dual Bachelor's Degree (four years)" by WES. It was therefore falling under the category "two or more degrees" and giving her 9 points. But due to the recent change, the system failed to recognize that entry and gave 0 points.

While trying to update, I have selected her education of 5 years and chosen "bachelors Degree" as that is the only option available for now. But that the system is recognizing as one degree and giving only 8 points. AS a result, I am missing the current CRS threshold by one point! :(

Can someone in a similar situation please advise if WES ECA Report stating "Dual Bachelor's Degree (four years)" can be added as two separate degrees as my wife has a B.A (Law) Degree issued after 3 years and a B.A.L.L.B degree issued after 5 years completion. Would that be a correct representation of the WES Report or is the 5 Year Law Degree to be used as one entry and thus falling only under Bachelor's Degree.

Also, can WES issue a revised report on the basis of this new change in CIC system to correctly reflect what should now be chosen as "Dual Bachelor's Degree (four years)" falls under "two or more degrees" as per CIC site as of now also under ECA Conversion Page.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Even if gou do that you will still get only 8 points because the highest attained degree will remain Bachelor's only. But you must define the true degree that you attained. If its 1 course/1degree than 1 entry in education section. If its 2courses/2degrees then 2 entries in education section

dipindhingra

Jun 17, 2016
I am in same situation. I have just one education for 5 years. but IQAS assessed it as 4 year bachelor and 1 year diploma. ideally its 2 or more category, but as its gone now.
i did lot of discussion with many people. they suggest to create 2 duplicate entries with same duration and study type, and in ECA result mention bachelor in first and diploma in second. I can add letter of explanation with this. like this my points remain the same.

I have received ITA by the way.

Profile created - 18 July 2016
ITA received - 11 January 2017
CRS 462

Tikhe0001

Star Member
Sep 14, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seeing the thread I also checked my profile . Although my scores had not changed, the education tab for my wife was incomplete due to this issue.

However I need your help guys on what field to select.

Below is the summary of my wife's ECA

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Postgraduate diploma (one year)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Science
Year: 2006
Awarded by: xxxxxxxx University
Institution Status: Recognized
Major/Specialization: Science
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

2. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Education
Year: 2007
Awarded by: xxxxxx University
Major/Specialization: Education
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor of Education

3. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Master of Science
Year: 2009
Awarded by: xxxxxxx University
Major/Specialization: Mathematics
Canadian Equivalency: Postgraduate diploma (one year)

Now for 1 , I have selected Bachelors and for 3, I have selected one year diploma/certificate/.....etc etc

The issue I m facing is for 2nd credential. The Canadian equivalency is bachelors of education , it does not degree/certificate/diploma and also no. of years is missing though it was for 1 year . What should I do?

TIA

Leksi 123

Feb 26, 2017
Asivad Anac said:
Probably the verbiage has changed, does the drop down menu have different options now? Your points won't be affected by this.
Hi,

We submitted our aor a week back and I am the dependent applicant and my husband the principal applicant. My husband has a bsc and msc from masters, so we did CES ECA evaluation it came as credential 1 and credential 2 equal to bachelors( 4 degrees). We created our express entry profile in August 2016 and put bachelors in both the sections and the points we got are 112. However after november 19 2016, we got points for two or more degrees which increased our points to 32 the skill transfer ability and education. In his ECA from CES instead of putting 3 years bachelors and 4 years bachelors separately as I have seen some wes eca evaluations, his credentials have been assessed individually but for bachelors assessement outcome it says refer to 2 and 2 has the masters degree assessed as 4 bachelors( 4 years). It also says the evaluation of this degree has been done in conjugation with the bsc degree. I am worried if they consider it as just one bachelors rather than 2 bachelors. Please help! Thank you.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
I originally started this thread in November after the EE/e-APR system had been changed to remove the 'two or more' qualifications entry, replacing it with individual qualifications.

5 months later after having just read my GCMS notes I can confirm that there is/was a bug with their system and that people should be worried about their applications. It turns out that their application system took away my points for "two or more" qualifications (reverting to bachelors degree as their 'highest level of education'). Fortunately the discrepancy between my submitted ECA reports and the downgraded CRS score was spotted by an agent who suggests that the candidate (i.e. me) has under reported their qualifications. I was revised again up to the correct point score but it may not be fully resolved.

Perhaps this bug has been resolved in later applications. I submitted mine on 8 Dec.

Reactions: H0peAndFa1th

madhanbalus

Jul 5, 2017
I originally started this thread in November after the EE/e-APR system had been changed to remove the 'two or more' qualifications entry, replacing it with individual qualifications.

5 months later after having just read my GCMS notes I can confirm that there is/was a bug with their system and that people should be worried about their applications. It turns out that their application system took away my points for "two or more" qualifications (reverting to bachelors degree as their 'highest level of education'). Fortunately the discrepancy between my submitted ECA reports and the downgraded CRS score was spotted by an agent who suggests that the candidate (i.e. me) has under reported their qualifications. I was revised again up to the correct point score but it may not be fully resolved.

Perhaps this bug has been resolved in later applications. I submitted mine on 8 Dec.

I have a full time diploma(post class 10) and Bachelors degrees for 3 years each. I am planning to request WES to provide separate reports for both the credentials just to claim those additional CRS points under "two or more certificates" option in EE. Now i am surprised to see(atleast from this forum) that the option is no longer available. What would be the best option to enter for my credentials.
Thanks!

HB84

Jul 6, 2018
Dears ,

I need your help, I'm creating an EE profile, The option for " two or more certificates, diplomas, ..." has gone from the drop-down list in the EE profile. My ECA result as below for 3 certificates :

Completion of a college-level certificate (one semester), diploma (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years)

Please advise me how to insert them in the express entry.

Thank you in advance.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Dears ,

I need your help, I'm creating an EE profile, The option for " two or more certificates, diplomas, ..." has gone from the drop-down list in the EE profile. My ECA result as below for 3 certificates :

Completion of a college-level certificate (one semester), diploma (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years)

Please advise me how to insert them in the express entry.

Thank you in advance.
There s no such option in the profile creation. Add your diplomas one by one with corresponding ECA. The system will handle the calculation