+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two or more degrees option gone? e-APR

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Mishkawy said:
I am confused, are you guys talking about Xanadian education or are you talking about foreign education?
Also are you talking about your normal express entry profile that is waiting in the pool?
In order to get additional points for having two post-secondary qualifications (one 3+year degree and another 1+year post-secondary qualification), we previously had to select the " "two or more certificates" option. This option is no longer available and it seems that we have to select the individual qualification details and the system will work it out itself.

If you had previously selected "two or more", you now need to go into your account and make the necessary changes.

If you have Canadian qualifications, there will be additional questions available to complete as is discussed in other relevant threads.

dipindhingra

Jun 17, 2016
This is very weird actually. The calculator and grid is showing this option.
My case is very different. I have only one qualification , which is a 5 years masters.
But as per ECA it was not granted as masters, Instead they gave me two qualifications (4 year Bachelor + 1 year Diploma).
Earlier I selected "two or more" and I got good points. But now no such option. which is lowering my points by 32 marks.

Instead I have created 2 rows with same qualification, but one mentioning as bachelor and other as diploma, like this its ok.
But I am not sure if this is the right way. Need big help!!

kakmam1

Feb 14, 2016
Pune, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2015 (SINP)
Doc's Request.
02-06-2016 (Schedule A) Provided on 07-02-2016
Nomination.....
02-02-2016 (SINP)
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
IELTS Request
Already submitted with post ITA application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
26-02-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
Hi friends,

Thanks for this thread. I have two queried for my friend.

A ) ECA Details for my Frnd:

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (four years)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS

1. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Arts
Year: 2001
Awarded by: ........................................
Institution Status: Recognized
Major/Specialization: Liberal Arts
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor’s degree (four years)

———————————————————
2. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Master of Arts
Year: 2003
Major/Specialization: Women’s Studies
Canadian Equivalency: One year of graduate study

Final CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
- Bachelor’s degree (four years) plus One year of graduate study

He selected “Two or more certificates, degrees or diploma” earlier in education section and now he need to select “Bachelor’s degree or 3 or more years………..” (as per the new changes). Please help

B ) There was some issues with my friend's profile.

He was unable to see submitted application yesterday and when logged in today, the details under section "Study and Language" is "In Progress" status.

He updated this level for post graduation degree of Master of Arts as "Bachelor's or three or more years ................." (as per the new changes) but he was unable to see "Transmit" button and unable to transmit my application.

Because of this, application status is "Update not Submitted". Kindly suggest what to do and he also reported technical issue.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
dipindhingra said:
This is very weird actually. The calculator and grid is showing this option.
My case is very different. I have only one qualification , which is a 5 years masters.
But as per ECA it was not granted as masters, Instead they gave me two qualifications (4 year Bachelor + 1 year Diploma).
Earlier I selected "two or more" and I got good points. But now no such option. which is lowering my points by 32 marks.

Instead I have created 2 rows with same qualification, but one mentioning as bachelor and other as diploma, like this its ok.
But I am not sure if this is the right way. Need big help!!
Bit tricky if it's a single qualification that has been assessed as two. You might want to differentiate the two entries a little i.e. 4 years for one and 1 year for the other (total 5) or enter 5 for both but but some note like "bachelors level" and "postgraduate level". Your ECA should back you up so no problem.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
kakmam1 said:
Hi friends,

Thanks for this thread. I have two queried for my friend.

A ) ECA Details for my Frnd:

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (four years)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS

1. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Arts
Year: 2001
Major/Specialization: Liberal Arts
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor’s degree (four years)

———————————————————
2. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Master of Arts
Year: 2003
Major/Specialization: Women’s Studies
Canadian Equivalency: One year of graduate study

Final CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
- Bachelor’s degree (four years) plus One year of graduate study

He selected “Two or more certificates, degrees or diploma” earlier in education section and now he need to select “Bachelor’s degree or 3 or more years…........” (as per the new changes). Please help

B ) There was some issues with my friend's profile.

He was unable to see submitted application yesterday and when logged in today, the details under section "Study and Language" is "In Progress" status.

He updated this level for post graduation degree of Master of Arts as "Bachelor's or three or more years ................." (as per the new changes) but he was unable to see "Transmit" button and unable to transmit my application.

Because of this, application status is "Update not Submitted". Kindly suggest what to do and he also reported technical issue.
Your friend will need to have two separate entries, for his Bachelors and Masters; selecting the appropriate level as per ECA.

Can't help you regarding technical error. Might resolve itself after 24 hours.

pats2177

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
PUNE
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
johnjkjk said:
Hi you can select as per the actual course and what is given in ECA. i.e. for Bachelors, select 3 or more and for postgrad diploma you will select the one year option.
Thanks John. So you are trying to say that I should select the option 'One year program at university level' for my post graduate diploma and the system will auto-calculate this as two or more degrees and give me the same points as before for education i.e. 128 points?

Thanks for your help buddy!

Regards,
P

kakmam1

Feb 14, 2016
Pune, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2015 (SINP)
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
02-02-2016 (SINP)
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
26-02-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
johnjkjk said:
Your friend will need to have two separate entries, for his Bachelors and Masters; selecting the appropriate level as per ECA.

Can't help you regarding technical error. Might resolve itself after 24 hours.
Thanks John.

But what to select for Post-graduation degree (as per the updated levels for Level of Education) ?

ECA says " postgraduate diploma (one year) " . Earlier he selected as two or more degress....... Now it has been removed.

Please help

dipindhingra

Jun 17, 2016
johnjkjk said:
Bit tricky if it's a single qualification that has been assessed as two. You might want to differentiate the two entries a little i.e. 4 years for one and 1 year for the other (total 5) or enter 5 for both but but some note like "bachelors level" and "postgraduate level". Your ECA should back you up so no problem.
Yes I did the same. Thanks. but now cannot transmit changes. that option is gone.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
pats2177 said:
Thanks John. So you are trying to say that I should select the option 'One year program at university level' for my post graduate diploma and the system will auto-calculate this as two or more degrees and give me the same points as before for education i.e. 128 points?

Thanks for your help buddy!

Regards,
P
Yes

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
kakmam1 said:
Thanks John.

But what to select for Post-graduation degree (as per the updated levels for Level of Education) ?

ECA says " postgraduate diploma (one year) " . Earlier he selected as two or more degress....... Now it has been removed.

Please help
For post-grad select as one year from the list. The other entry should be bachelors (3+ years). You will then get points for two or more.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
dipindhingra said:
Yes I did the same. Thanks. but now cannot transmit changes. that option is gone.
Are you talking about a EE profile awaiting ITA, or after having submitted an application? Might resolve itself after some time.

kakmam1

Feb 14, 2016
Pune, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2015 (SINP)
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
02-02-2016 (SINP)
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
26-02-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
johnjkjk said:
Are you talking about a EE profile awaiting ITA, or after having submitted an application? Might resolve itself after some time.
I am also unable to see the Transmit button

Reported technical issue on my CIC website... Lets see what they reply ?

kakmam1

Feb 14, 2016
Pune, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2015 (SINP)
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
02-02-2016 (SINP)
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
26-02-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
johnjkjk said:
For post-grad select as one year from the list. The other entry should be bachelors (3+ years). You will then get points for two or more.
Thanks John. My friend selected bachelors (3+)... for his Post graduate study .

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp

Above link is not updated yet. Its still showing the Two or more degrees......................

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
kakmam1 said:
Thanks John. My friend selected bachelors (3+)... for his Post graduate study .

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp

Above link is not updated yet. Its still showing the Two or more degrees......................
For bachelors select bachelors (3+) and for postgrad diploma select one year from the list. Don't mix the two.

Two or more is still in the system, the only thing that has changed is the way you enter it in EE.

pats2177

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
PUNE
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alright so I created my new EE profile post withdrawing the old profile which was expiring end of this month.

Just to help others, I also had 3 years Bachelors and 1 year Post graduate diploma and I had selected 2 or more certificates before but while creating my new EE profile I saw that the same option of 2 or more is not available anymore.

Based on the feedback from people on this thread, I selected my 1 year post graduate diploma as 1 year university study and the tool autocalculated it as 2 or more degrees and i got the same point as was reflecting in my previous profile.

So do not worry about the 2 or more degree option, just select your individual qualification and the tool will work itself out.

Regards,
P