+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two or more degrees option gone? e-APR

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Have filled out my e-APR.

Just going through my form today to check before submission and to my surprise, the "The "Level of Education" field for studies (in both education history and personal history) in e-APR form has changed and existing entries have gone blank.

I had selected "two or more certificates..." but this is no longer available in the drop-down list.

The help text for this field has also changed. It used to say "to get the correct number points.. select the highest award..."

What do I now select? Have I lost points AFTER GETTING ITA on the basis of two degrees? Should have submitted my application yesterday before they changed the system.

PS. Others who had selected "two or more" please check your form before submitting as even though completeness check says complete, the required field is blank and could result in zero points for education.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
johnjkjk said:
Have filled out my e-APR.

Just going through my form today to check before submission and to my surprise, the "The "Level of Education" field for studies (in both education history and personal history) in e-APR form has changed and existing entries have gone blank.

I had selected "two or more certificates..." but this is no longer available in the drop-down list.

The help text for this field has also changed. It used to say "to get the correct number points.. select the highest award..."

What do I now select? Have I lost points AFTER GETTING ITA on the basis of two degrees? Should have submitted my application yesterday before they changed the system.

PS. Others who had selected "two or more" please check your form before submitting as even though completeness check says complete, the required field is blank and could result in zero points for education.
I dont think new changes affect those who already got ITA. relax and wait for some expert opinion.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
bestofluck said:
I dont think new changes affect those who already got ITA. relax and wait for some expert opinion.
It shouldn't affect, but my form has gone blank and the "two or more" option is no longer available. I can now only select individual qualifications.

When I originally created my EE profile, by selecting individual options i.e. degree and diploma separately, I don't get points for both- I had to select "two or more" in order to actually get points for this. The help text before specifically stated that in order to get points for two or more, you have to select this option. Now this option is gone.

The problem is when PR application is submitted, points are recalculated based upon answers. If I lose 8 points because of this, it will fall below the threshold for which I got an ITA on Nov 2.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
johnjkjk said:
It shouldn't affect, but my form has gone blank and the "two or more" option is no longer available. I can now only select individual qualifications.

When I originally created my EE profile, by selecting individual options i.e. degree and diploma separately, I don't get points for both- I had to select "two or more" in order to actually get points for this. The help text before specifically stated that in order to get points for two or more, you have to select this option. Now this option is gone.

The problem is when PR application is submitted, points are recalculated based upon answers. If I lose 8 points because of this, it will fall below the threshold for which I got an ITA on Nov 2.
Probably the verbiage has changed, does the drop down menu have different options now? Your points won't be affected by this.

barbadosborn

Jan 14, 2016
I checked and the option is no longer there for me either. The form showed incomplete, so when I went to check it was as you stated. Now I will have to select the degree options individually .

Sigh this is concerning, I plan to write a letter of explanation detailing what has happened. Hopefully they would understand their web changes affects persons who already had an ITA and give us the required points.

I was at 472 before the change. One of my educational documents is from Canada which is 15 points but I am not sure if the net effect would push me below the cutoff of the November 2nd draw

simplynd2804

Mar 24, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That option is gone now so you select option that represent your degree properly.

I believe CIC will calculate as two or more if you have more then one education credentials as either eca or canadian degree

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
the thing is that this change has happened without any warning. If I hadn't noticed it and submitted my application, I would have got zero points for education. My form didn't event revert to "incomplete", even thiugh the field in question cannot be left blank.

I've submitted a technical error report regarding this.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Could you all please submit a technical error report (click 'report a technical issue' next to the logout button at the top of the page) regarding this to bring it to their attention? They need to clarify how to get points for two or more.

It would also be helpful if someone waiting for an ITA with two or more (NON CANADIAN) certificates can update their profile by selecting the appropriate options and seeing whether they get 128 points or not.

If there is no official confirmation, then I don't know what to suggest other than to submit and put in a note in LoE. Surely they will not reduce our points AFTER receiving ITA.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Update: They have updated the CRS grid and points calculator as of 19 November 2016 with new scoring for LMIA and Canadian education.

"Two or more" is still listed on the CRS grid, so presumably this means that points are still awarded for this option. Funnily enough the updated points calculator still has the "two or more" option in the dropdown list.

Experts have suggested going ahead and selecting individual qualifications- presumably the system will automatically add your ECAs and figure out that you have "two or more". I would certainly not recommend leaving this blank, even if your form says 'complete' in case it results in zero points for education.

I will wait for a couple of days for official confirmation. It would also be helpful if someone currently waiting for ITA with two non-Canadian qualifications can confirm whether they are getting points for "two or more" by selecting the individual qualifications.

Mishkawy

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
johnjkjk said:
It would also be helpful if someone currently waiting for ITA with two non-Canadian qualifications can confirm whether they are getting points for "two or more" by selecting the individual qualifications.
I actually selected Two or More Degrees, and my Education score in my application did not go blank and I do not notice any changes..

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Mishkawy said:
I actually selected Two or More Degrees, and my Education score in my application did not go blank and I do not notice any changes..
What is the your status- are you filling out e-APR or have you already submitted your PR application?

The issue is not that the score has gone blank, but rather if you are still working on your PR application, the "level of education" field in education history (and personal history) which was selected as "two or more" before ITA has gone. The option is no longer available so the field has gone blank. This change happened on 19 November so if you submitted your application before this date then you're fine. If you're yet to submit your application- kindly enter the education history section of your form and check the "level of education" field under each qualification.

Mishkawy

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
johnjkjk said:
What is the your status- are you filling out e-APR or have you already submitted your PR application?

The issue is not that the score has gone blank, but rather if you are still working on your PR application, the "level of education" field in education history (and personal history) which was selected as "two or more" before ITA has gone. The option is no longer available so the field has gone blank. This change happened on 19 November so if you submitted your application before this date then you're fine. If you're yet to submit your application- kindly enter the education history section of your form and check the "level of education" field under each qualification.
Oh I am sorry, I think I misunderstood.
I did not apply for PR yet, I am still waiting in the Express Entry pool. So I checked the forms and my Express Entry profile score and everything was the same.
I guess you guys are talking about a different thing.