Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
29-11-2015
I'm gathering documents for my son's application and it asks for two forms of ID. He has a passport but what else is valid? Can I use his birth certicate (UK) ? He's 11 so doesn't have a driver's licence .

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
Taddy said:
I'm gathering documents for my son's application and it asks for two forms of ID. He has a passport but what else is valid? Can I use his birth certicate (UK) ? He's 11 so doesn't have a driver's licence .
provincial Health card

Taddy

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
29-11-2015
He doesn't have one. I didn't think he could one without either PR or citizenship certificate.

He has nothing issued in Canada.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Taddy said:
Are you a Canadian Citizen or your spouse is a Canadian citizen applying for child's proof of citizenship(citizenship certificate) or you are PR of Canada applying citizenship for yourself and your child?

Taddy

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
29-11-2015
My husband is a Canadian citizen by birth so that's the basis for the application for our son.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Taddy said:
My husband is a Canadian citizen by birth so that's the basis for the application for our son.
As per the online instructions it states the following:

You have included two (2) pieces of personal identification one of which must have your photo on it.
Note: Social Insurance Number (SIN) cards, bank cards and credit cards are not acceptable pieces of identification.

In the application form, it states:

Two (2) pieces of personal identification, such as a passport, a driver's license or a health insurance card, one of which must have your photo on it.

Does you have a health card or the provincial card of your son in UK? (like BC Services Card in BC, Canada)

I think, to be on the safer side, I would suggest you to contact CIC call centre at 1-888-242-2100 to confirm the ID requirements. I think your son's passport would serve as the purpose of 1st photo ID however, I am not too sure about the 2nd ID however, CIC call centre can confirm that.

Taddy

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
29-11-2015
Thanks for the info.
I'll have to see what we have from the UK as we lived in the UAE since he was 3 months old. I may have an NHS card for him somewhere.

Thanks also for the contact details, I think calling would be best.

cBert

Aug 8, 2015
Hi Taddy, could you let us know what they say? I am a Canadian citizen applying from the UK for my daughter (age 10 months) and have come on this forum to ask the very same question. I will also try to call though.

Taddy

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
29-11-2015
I will do. Our shipment only arrived recently so I don't know where anything is. I will try and find the NHS card tomorrow then call the number given aove.

Taddy

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
29-11-2015
After waiting on hold for 16 minutes I spoke to someone who simply said he would email me the info. To save yourself the call, here's the link in the email - I hope it helps you more than it did me...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/admin/id/index.asp

cBert

Aug 8, 2015
Hmmm. My daughter is only 11 months old so only has a passport and a birth certificate!

No school records or NHS card (just an NHS number)... What will you be submitting Taddy?

b52shot

Star Member
Oct 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Some people were suggesting a provincial Health card. My daughter is 6, and her provincial Health card doesn't have a picture. Would a PR card work as a second id ?

Taddy

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
29-11-2015
As we don't have PR we don't have a provincial health card. I think if you have one it would work because provincial health insurance card is on the list and it says one document must have a photograph so as long as you have a passport to submit too it should be ok.

cBert, I'm submitting the NHS card. I don't know what the process is now but when my son was born in 2004 we received a card with his name, DOB and address on it and a NHS number. I've had a certified copy of that made. I'm also submitting a certified copy of his UAE ID card which has his photograph, name and DOB on it.

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
b52shot said:
Some people were suggesting a provincial Health card. My daughter is 6, and her provincial Health card doesn't have a picture. Would a PR card work as a second id ?
Yes, it will as only 1 of the 2 ids should have a photograph

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
b52shot said:
Is it for applying for proof of citizenship for your child or applying for citizenship for yourself including your child?