+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Trying to find a way to check on VISA application for possible FRAUD?

nei23984

Sep 29, 2010
11:16 AM

Hi,

I have been having a distance relationship with a lady in the Philippians. I have never met her in person, but have confirmed her address and phone number and name as authentic.

Over last 6 months I have been sending her money for various things and recently I sent her money to obtain her Visa to come to Canada. The Plan was she would come here and study at local college for 6 months while we got to know each other better in person. I Gave her the money 3 weeks ago for VISA and I transferred another $700 yesterday so she would have a local bank account there. She also went to VISA office yesterday and told her that she needed 100,000 Pecos in her personal account to prove she could afford to come to Canada and they would issue the VISA in 2 days once she showed the proof. I also have had no call from the Canadian Embassy in Philippians to see if she was going to be living at my house or any other questions (which I don't know if they do this or not).

Anyways, I am very uncomfortable sending her any more money until I can find out if she really has applied for a VISA. It seems logical that she would have to prove that she has funds to travel and study, but also need to confirm if 100,000 Pecos is right or will she be asking for another 100,000 Pecos next week. I love her and really believe this is real so I don't want to question her to much on VISA application.

Is there anyone I can call that could at least confirm that she has applied for application. I don't care about any specifics, but I really need to know to make sure that I am not subject to an elaborate ongoing fraud. PLEASE HELP ASAP.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Ask her to show you a copy of the receipt of the payment for the application, if she has already applied. Probably. He bank account should at least be 400,000 pesos Where is she from in the Philippines? It's very difficult to obtain a TRV from the Philippines. If she is not working or studying right now, does not have assets to her name she may have a very slim chance at obtaining a TRV. She also must have an acceptance letter from a college or university in Canada before she can apply for a student permit/visa. This is from the FAQ in the website of the Canadian Embassy in Manila.

5. How much money will I need during my studies in Canada?

To obtain a Study Permit, if you will not receive funding from a Canadian educational institution or a governmental organization, you will be required to provide evidence that you or your family can readily afford the cost of an education in Canada on an ongoing basis. You must demonstrate that you will have enough money during your stay in Canada to pay for tuition fees, books, living expenses for yourself and any accompanying dependents, and return transportation for both yourself and your dependents.

According to Citizenship and Immigration Canada guidelines in addition to the cost of tuition fees, you will require approximately $10 000 per year to cover your living expenses. If your dependants are planning to accompany or join you, you will require an additional $4 000 for the first dependant, and $3 000 for each subsequent dependant.

Why not go to the Philippines instead and pay her a visit at least once. If you can not trust her now, you may learn to trust her after you've met her in person and seen how she lives and goes about her activities.

nei23984 said:

Hi,

I have been having a distance relationship with a lady in the Philippians. I have never met her in person, but have confirmed her address and phone number and name as authentic.

Over last 6 months I have been sending her money for various things and recently I sent her money to obtain her Visa to come to Canada. The Plan was she would come here and study at local college for 6 months while we got to know each other better in person. I Gave her the money 3 weeks ago for VISA and I transferred another $700 yesterday so she would have a local bank account there. She also went to VISA office yesterday and told her that she needed 100,000 Pecos in her personal account to prove she could afford to come to Canada and they would issue the VISA in 2 days once she showed the proof. I also have had no call from the Canadian Embassy in Philippians to see if she was going to be living at my house or any other questions (which I don't know if they do this or not).

Anyways, I am very uncomfortable sending her any more money until I can find out if she really has applied for a VISA. It seems logical that she would have to prove that she has funds to travel and study, but also need to confirm if 100,000 Pecos is right or will she be asking for another 100,000 Pecos next week. I love her and really believe this is real so I don't want to question her to much on VISA application.

Is there anyone I can call that could at least confirm that she has applied for application. I don't care about any specifics, but I really need to know to make sure that I am not subject to an elaborate ongoing fraud. PLEASE HELP ASAP.

Esther2010

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nei23984 said:

Hi,

h

Is there anyone I can call that could at least confirm that she has applied for application. I don't care about any specifics, but I really need to know to make sure that I am not subject to an elaborate ongoing fraud. PLEASE HELP ASAP. Hi
Hi, im sorry to hear that but honestly there are a whole bunch of filipinas just like that here in the Philippines, i even know a friend who is in a situaion just like yours.. To get a study permit or visa is not cheap hey, and you must have to pay in advance the schools you intend to attend, and they will also look for your credentials if you are qualified before you get acceptance to study in their school. Also shwoing proof that she also have a place to stay there and funds suffice enough to live there. When I was in CAnada I already inquire from an accredited school for foreign student somewhere in Edmonton, and I must need to have $12,000 for the tuition fee alone. You have to smarten up.....you are being a vicitm here. Goodluck!

maria01

Aug 27, 2010
I think this is a scam, applying for a tourist visa here will take 15 days, sometimes more than that, so if they said that she will have a visa after 2 days after showing the proof, that was a lie. And you need to have at least 300,000 pesos in bank, plus assets, good job and family. If i were you, i will go to the directly to the website of canadian embassy, you will know a lot there..

mike123

Sep 27, 2010
Yikes that could turn messy very quickly. i have a friend who last year was in the exact same position as you and it ended badly. He was in a relationship with a woman from Thailand and he had met her only once. Once back in Canada he began sending her money every month and applied for a student visa for her to study in Canada. Every application got rejected even with $15,000 CAD in her account(supplied by him). Now he's out close to 20 grand and she's long gone.

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
The thing is, you don't yet have reason to be suspicious or to believe her either. However, err on the side of caution. If the others who say she needs much more than 100,000 pesos in her bank account are correct, then verify that amount and ask her how she came up with 100,000 pesos. Look at the CIC website for Philippines, find the usual waiting times for a TRV, and if the website says something different, ask her how she arrived at "two days".

I know it is difficult to question a "new love" like this, so just tell her that the Canadian government website says somethng different, and you wonder whather she is getting correct advice. This way you are being concerned for her, rather than appearing to doubt her.

Also, you may think you love her, but anyone who has done internet dating will tell you that you can learn only 50% of what you need to know about a person online; the rest you learn only face to face. That's where chemistry, compatibility etc. become clear. These you cannot learn via photos, emails, and phone calls. So, before getting more involved, why not visit her in the Philippines? Better find out whether you have a firm foundation before investing more emotional energy and financial resources.

jonats

Star Member
Oct 29, 2008
love is blind!!

i think this is a fraud... you are risking a lot of money and its seems you are still have a doubt.why dont you just go there and visit her?the money you will send her is enough to visit her and know her personally, atleast you will able to meet her family and spend time with her...and make decision after that

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jonats said:
love is blind!!

i think this is a fraud... you are risking a lot of money and its seems you are still have a doubt.why dont you just go there and visit her?the money you will send her is enough to visit her and know her personally, atleast you will able to meet her family and spend time with her...and make decision after that
100% agree