+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV to Open Work Permit

bpawan54

Mar 23, 2022
Hello,
I recently got conntected with an Indian consultancy which promises to provide me a job offer in Canada, get my TRV visa and also an open work permit. I need to pay$1200 for my visa and additional INR 2 lakhs for work permit which is deductable from my salary once i start working. Is it even possible? I need more info on this. Please help.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,
I recently got conntected with an Indian consultancy which promises to provide me a job offer in Canada, get my TRV visa and also an open work permit. I need to pay$1200 for my visa and additional INR 2 lakhs for work permit which is deductable from my salary once i start working. Is it even possible? I need more info on this. Please help.
Scam. You are not even eligible for an open work permit.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello,
This is not possible for a random person to enter with TRV and then get an open work permit.
Currently open work permits are only available on a few specific immigration/foreign worker routes

bpawan54

Mar 23, 2022
This is not possible for a random person to enter with TRV and then get an open work permit.
Currently open work permits are only available on a few specific immigration/foreign worker routes
Okay. They say they will arrange some government approval letter, sponsors and then apply for TRV visa and after I reach Canada, will start working on my work permit. Does this make any sense?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
But many youtube videos, even government official website, suggest that a TRV holder can apply for an open work permit. Still not clear.
It's a scam. TRV holders do not qualify for open work permits.

Reactions: YVR123

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Okay. They say they will arrange some government approval letter, sponsors and then apply for TRV visa and after I reach Canada, will start working on my work permit. Does this make any sense?
No, it doesn't make sense. It's a scam. They will take your money and you'll have no job.

bpawan54

Mar 23, 2022
It's a scam. TRV holders do not qualify for open work permits.
Just trying to dig more on this issue. I was referring to the sentense below, from the official website..

Eligibility requirements if you apply from inside Canada
  • you have a temporary resident permit that is valid for six months or more;

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
They cannot arrange that. For closed work permit, you need specific employer with offer letter and application of LMIA and it takes months and employer (NOT you) need to pay $1000 to get the LMIA. So only ppl with very specific skill and experience that the employer cannot find any Canadian to hire will go througth this process.

Yours sound like a scam.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Just trying to dig more on this issue. I was referring to the sentense below, from the official website..

That is TRP not TRV. A TRP is a document that authorizes a person who is inadmissible. Still a scam.

Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

You can apply if you are eligible.
You do not have a Temporty Resident Permit. It's NOT the same as a TRV.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/inadmissibility/temporary-resident-permits.html

Reactions: Naturgrl

bpawan54

Mar 23, 2022
They cannot arrange that. For closed work permit, you need specific employer with offer letter and application of LMIA and it takes months and employer (NOT you) need to pay $1000 to get the LMIA. So only ppl with very specific skill and experience that the employer cannot find any Canadian to hire will go througth this process.

Yours sound like a scam.
Is it possible and genuine for a company to already hold an LMIA for the position of Sales and Marketing Manager? How do I verify that? They also said that I will receive an offer letter before I leave my country and I will not be allowed to takeoff without the offer letter.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Is it possible and genuine for a company to already hold an LMIA for the position of Sales and Marketing Manager? They also said that I will receive an offer letter before I leave my country and I will not be allowed to takeoff without the offer letter.
Doesn't sound genuine.

If it's all free, may be. If the agent is asking you to pay ANY fee, it's NOT.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

This is for TRP holders - not TRVs. TRPs and TRVs are two completely different things.

A TRV is a regular tourist visa. The open work permit rule DOES NOT apply to TRVs.

A TRP is a special class of visa for people who are inadmissible to Canada, typically due to a crime. Are you inadmissible to Canada due to a crime?