+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV study permit

annaturner

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
Hi, I’ve lived in Canada since 2016.
I am an international student who has a Study Permit issued before March 18, 2020, so I’m exempted from the bordure closure. However, I want to renew my TRV that is expiring On August 31st, 2020 And the process for me to do it outside of Canada is faster, I’ll get it in a week. I want to renew it before it expires since my flight to Montreal will be on August 26th. Moreover, I want to renew it before it expires because I’m scared if I travel 4-5 days before my current TRV expiration, they won’t let me in and neither will the airline. My question is: Is the exemption from bordure closure only relates to study permits issued before March,2020? I’ll be renewing my TRV so I’ll get it in August, would renewed TRV issued after March, 2020 affect my exemption from the bordure closure?

p.s I’ll be getting extension for my study permit too but I am planning to enter Canada on my current study permit that is issued before March,2020, basically entering before my current one expires. I’m just not sure if TRV issued before March 18, 2020 is also a must

Last edited:

annaturner

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
Reactions: CPA_3

EsterO

Star Member
Aug 29, 2018
Please any updates. I travelled back before the pandemic and my Study permit and TRV expire on August 30th as well. Not sure what to do extend my study permit outside or what?

michaelfraser

Aug 6, 2020
Please any updates. I travelled back before the pandemic and my Study permit and TRV expire on August 30th as well. Not sure what to do extend my study permit outside or what?
Are you planning on travelling back to Canada now before it expires or staying home and extending from outside of Canada?