TRV rejected TWICE. Trying our luck for the Third Time. Need Help

girishjs111

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Mumbai
Visa Office......
Mumbai
Hello,

We tried to apply for my In-law's TRV twice in 2022 and 2023 and both times it was rejected.

Attempt 1: Applied for Father-in-Law + Mother-in-Law + Sister-in-Law
Rejection 1 Reason: Not satisfied that they will return back

Attempt 2: Applied for Father-in-Law + Mother-in-Law only
Rejection 2 Reason: Same as before

During both these applications, Father-in-Law, was working a salaried job and we provided leave approval letters, but he is now no longer a salaried employee but joined as an Independent Director. We want to apply again and would appreciate guidance if the list of documents below is sufficient

Father-in-Law:
- Passport
- Marriage Affidavit
- 3 Years ITR
- Latest bank statements with 6 months of transaction history (Stamped and Signed)
- Property Documents (joint ownership with mother)
- Company / GST Registration (since he is an independent director, he doesn't get a salary)
[He won't get a 'leave approval letter' since he doesn't need anyone's approval for taking leaves]

Mother-in-Law (homemaker)
- Passport
- Marriage Affidavit
- Latest bank statements with 6 months of transaction history (Stamped and Signed)
- Property Documents (joint ownership with father)

Common Documents:
- Invitation Letter (from either myself or my wife)
- Our Residence Proof
- Our Bank Statements
- Invitee Passport Copy

Additionally in the application, planning on making my Father-in-law as the primary applicant and providing a supporting letter stating Mother-in-law is a homemaker and they have property, a job and another daughter back home

I would appreciate guidance on
1) Whether these documents are sufficient or should I add anything more?
2) Who should be the invitee? Wife (their daughter who is a PR and has a job) or myself (Citizen and has a job too)?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
How much liquid personal funds are they showing and how long do they want to visit? Would not reapply without getting GCMS notes first to address any identified concerns that lead to refusal.

girishjs111

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Mumbai
Visa Office......
Mumbai
Thanks for the reply. Duration of the trip would be 1 month and they’d be showing ~20k CAD each in the bank accounts

The last rejection was in August 2023. Will I still be able to order GCMS notes?

Here4help

Dec 4, 2021
hello my friend applied for TRV for his parents and one of them got updated yesterday 8 July and refused and for other parent it say

FINAL DECISION
July 8, 2024 your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has made.

Is there any hope to get it approved as one parent already refused yesterday.

CanGoldDigger

Feb 17, 2024
Ottawa
hello my friend applied for TRV for his parents and one of them got updated yesterday 8 July and refused and for other parent it say

FINAL DECISION
July 8, 2024 your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has made.

Is there any hope to get it approved as one parent already refused yesterday.
What was the status for the refused one? The same?

CanGoldDigger

Feb 17, 2024
Ottawa
Sorry to ask you another question

can you please give an idea how much time will it take for next step update in online account?
Unfortunately, there is no set timespan. You need to receive a passport request and get your passport stamped.

It depends on the country where it is stamped as well.

Here4help

Dec 4, 2021
Would be a bit cautious. This looks like a protected person’s parents so until you get approval or PPR I would not celebrate quite yet. Still could be approved but not guaranteed.
@canuck78 thanks for your input. Its Not for my parents its my friend parents who is Canadian Citizen.

jundi zakir

Jul 9, 2024
Ethiopia
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
ካናዳ
NOC Code......
ካናዳ
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..