+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

trv for wife and child in China

jaydazed

Feb 24, 2008
Just some quick q's if any one can give any advice!
I'm in the process of filling out some applications for my wife and son who are living in China. I presently live in China with them(married over 2 years) and would like them to visit my folks and my son's ggparents before they pass away. This is what I have:

1. Invitation letter from my parents since, I'm living in China,stating their income and notice of assessment. Which also states that all expenses will be taken care of for them.
2. Funds about 3000 cdn. She's had no job for the last 1.5 years because we had a child (will provide past bank statements)(actual bank books)
3. We have another daughter that will stay back for schooling, which ties her back

1. Should I fill out the use of representative form in case we need to contact the visa officer(her English is limited)
2. Don't really want to buy return tickets if they get denied! Might help though..but what if?
3.Do i fill out 2 family composition forms or just one for both of them since our son can't sign his own name name.
4. My 6 month old son is smiling in his passport photo, so I'm including the same one for the visa..it's the same sp should be ok..?

Any suggestions that should be included before I send this off? I may have more q's but can't think of any at the moment!

Thanks for your help,

Jay

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
1. Representative form is in case you are retaining a lawyer. If you're not, don't fill-out the form.
2. How about refundable tickets? If you buy one-way, that really sends the wrong message.
3. One for everyone 18 y/o.
4. Sure.

You really should focus on proof that both you and your family intend to return to China. The fact that your wife isn't working is unhelpful. So if you can provide documentation that you're being granted a certain period of time for vacation to take your family to Canada, that might help. Also, if your wife is at least part owner of property in China, that could also help.

jaydazed

Feb 24, 2008
thanks for the quick reply..quick q about the app. #8.a) Immigration status of applicant(s) in country where applying: this means China right or is this refering to imm status in Canada? If China just check citizen and N/A under valid until? Stupid q..I know!

jaydazed

Feb 24, 2008
quick q about family comp address..chinese no prob..can I input the street and address in pinyn or does it have to be exact translation?