+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for Spouse - India

SnehaP30

Feb 8, 2018
Hi Guys,

I am working in the US on an H1B visa and also hold Canada PR. My wife lives with me in US on a dependent H4 visa. I want to apply for a TRV Canada visa for my wife, however, I have heard that in most cases it gets rejected since I already hold a PR. Also, I am planning to sponsor my wife in Canada. We will start the spousal sponsorship process in the next 2-3 months. I had the following queries regarding this matter:

1. Can we apply for her TRV while we are staying in Canada? What are the chances of getting the visa approved?
2. Can we apply for a multiple entry TRP?
3. Should we mention that we are planning to apply to for spousal sponsorship? If yes, will this affect her visa application?
4. If her visa is approved, will her spousal sponsorship get affected in the future?

AryaStark

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hello Bryanna,

Happy to share that we have been granted 1 year multiple entry visitor visa. It took approximately 35 business days for us to get the decision (It may be coincidence, not sure). Passport processing took 5 business days after the decision(online application, submitted passport in Hyderabad, passport has been sent to Bangalore Embassy for processing). We had written multiple emails and raised forms to NDVO. On the decision day, we received reply to one of the forms saying decision has been taken. Our wait is over and I am flying on 20th Nov to see my husband :)
Hi..

can’t tell you what an encouraging post this is!
my case is similar to yours. my husband is in canada already on PR. we are planning to put my outland sponsorship in process next month. and while it’s in process, i would like to go visit him on TRV in a few months. can you pls tell me what all you showed to get an approval on the visitor visa? and is your pr through? how much time did it take?

Thanks a lot!

AryaStark

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hello Bryanna,

Happy to share that we have been granted 1 year multiple entry visitor visa. It took approximately 35 business days for us to get the decision (It may be coincidence, not sure). Passport processing took 5 business days after the decision(online application, submitted passport in Hyderabad, passport has been sent to Bangalore Embassy for processing). We had written multiple emails and raised forms to NDVO. On the decision day, we received reply to one of the forms saying decision has been taken. Our wait is over and I am flying on 20th Nov to see my husband :)
Hi,

Congrats on getting the TRV! :)
Can you tell me the dox that you prepared to convince the authorities about your strong ties at home country?

I am in a similar situation. My husband is on PR in Canada and I just submitted my outland pr sponsorship application. I plan to apply for TRV in mid-April so would really appreciate some guidance in terms of the dox you submitted.

Thanks!

rohit.joshi

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
Hello Bryanna,

Hi Swapna,

Please let me know the list of documents that you had submitted for the TRV. Hoping to hear back from you.

Regards,
Rohit