+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for spouse and dependant

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We already received the ppr for pr application. For pr applicant that is already in Canada as trv. How does the virtual landing work?

Do we have to submit the original passports? To where? Do we also have to submit the photos with specificification?

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Arguably the COPR nonsense indicates the officer is new or clueless (just out of training?) and reliance upon return tickets just a function of reading out-of-date training manuals.

This is a bit harsh but the way the officer went to ask someone else is a bit of a giveaway. (I assume this was at secondary)
Nope ...i would qualify your response as 100% objective feedback to CBSA.
They are standing at the point of entry. They should 'know' the law and latest regulations. And if not, there are a zillion handheld devices and tools available which they can utilize to know how to deal with an immigrant from a certain stream. Infact, their systems should say all of that stuff on their screen, the moment the person handsover their passport.

So your feedback is 100% constructive. They should improve their systems and process - and training.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Nope ...i would qualify your response as 100% objective feedback to CBSA.
They are standing at the point of entry. They should 'know' the law and latest regulations. And if not, there are a zillion handheld devices and tools available which they can utilize to know how to deal with an immigrant from a certain stream. Infact, their systems should say all of that stuff on their screen, the moment the person handsover their passport.

So your feedback is 100% constructive. They should improve their systems and process - and training.
For a number of reasons, I don't think the level of knowledge etc is possible to train for, has to be done on the job. But that's a separate discussion...

...I would say this though - keep in mind that CBSA has several different mandates, of which the level of detail and knowledge needed at secondary immigration inspection probably applies to perhaps 1-5% of the CBSA officers. And to many of the officers is probably the less interesting part of the job, in the sense that it's not why they joined (they all want to catch drug smugglers, basically).

Although of course they should get them up above the level of cluelessness.

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
We already received the ppr for pr application. For pr applicant that is already in Canada as trv. How does the virtual landing work?

Do we have to submit the original passports? To where? Do we also have to submit the photos with specificification?
Read the PPR letter carefully. There should be instructions there to inform IRCC - by webform I believe - that applicant is in Canada.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
For a number of reasons, I don't think the level of knowledge etc is possible to train for, has to be done on the job. But that's a separate discussion...

...I would say this though - keep in mind that CBSA has several different mandates, of which the level of detail and knowledge needed at secondary immigration inspection probably applies to perhaps 1-5% of the CBSA officers. And to many of the officers is probably the less interesting part of the job, in the sense that it's not why they joined (they all want to catch drug smugglers, basically).
I wonder if the best recourse to this Return Ticket question for Spouse PR applicants, traveling on TRV - should be to buy the ticket online from air canada (one way return) precisely 24 hours before their landing - and cancel it as soon as they pass the immigration.
They will have to show it digitally. That could be problem for some.

Other alternative is to simply wait for COPR - and PPR . But it doesnt make sense. Why was this TRV reunification program started afterall. I guess there is a need for further clarification and fine tuning of this program - atleast on the implementation side.

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I wonder if the best recourse to this Return Ticket question for Spouse PR applicants, traveling on TRV - should be to buy the ticket online from air canada (one way return) precisely 24 hours before their landing - and cancel it as soon as they pass the immigration.
They will have to show it digitally. That could be problem for some.

Other alternative is to simply wait for COPR - and PPR . But it doesnt make sense. Why was this TRV reunification program started afterall. I guess there is a need for further clarification and fine tuning of this program - atleast on the implementation side.
Hard to say, this is precisely why we'll have to wait and see as peple share their experiences.

Ekemini Kingz

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
Hi everyone, I’m ready to apply for TRV,
For the bank statement, do I have to print statement for the past 3-4months with a certain amount in the account or I can also transfer money to the account and print the statement ?

Xilikon

Apr 26, 2018
Quebec City, Canada
Category........
FAM
For the bank statement, do I have to print statement for the past 3-4months with a certain amount in the account or I can also transfer money to the account and print the statement ?
When I was checking for TRV before, I remember it does say 6 months' bank statements and the money should be there already (so no last-min transfer to show which won't be accepted).

Reactions: Ekemini Kingz

Mystogan

Jan 31, 2023
For my application I gave them 4 months bank statement, employment letter, pay stubs and paid student loans.
I don't think there is a certain amount, i think they just want to see you are financially stable and are able to provide the basic needs for your spouse.

• Love
Reactions: Ekemini Kingz

Ekemini Kingz

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
For my application I gave them 4 months bank statement, employment letter, pay stubs and paid student loans.
I don't think there is a certain amount, i think they just want to see you are financially stable and are able to provide the basic needs for your spouse.
Thanks I appreciate

Ad78

Star Member
May 31, 2020
Just got BVL and PPR.

I had sent a webform two days ago asking for an update. I told them that people who have applied in July 2023 have already had their applications processed and completed, whereas I am a May 2023 applicant and yet was still waiting. Whether the webform made a difference or not, I can't say. All things considered, my TRV process was not so bad. Even though I applied on 24 May 2023, I only count the start of my application processing from 28 June 2023, because that is when we got the biometrics done for one of my kids who hadn't done them at the time of the PR application.

The family will submit their passports tomorrow at the VAC. Will keep you folks updated.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

This is why it is important to always keep your address updated. You will have update IRCC that the applicants are now in Canada and you would like to request a virtual landing. It will take time for you to get any type of response so wound be planning on over a month although it may be faster.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Just got BVL and PPR.

I had sent a webform two days ago asking for an update. I told them that people who have applied in July 2023 have already had their applications processed and completed, whereas I am a May 2023 applicant and yet was still waiting. Whether the webform made a difference or not, I can't say. All things considered, my TRV process was not so bad. Even though I applied on 24 May 2023, I only count the start of my application processing from 28 June 2023, because that is when we got the biometrics done for one of my kids who hadn't done them at the time of the PR application.

The family will submit their passports tomorrow at the VAC. Will keep you folks updated.
Minimal chances that your webform has even been read yet. Likely just a coincidence.