+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV application without passport?? Please help!

agetro

Jul 5, 2013
I have a little doubt..

The application package asks for my passport right since the beginning, but there are high probabilities that I will need to travel to the US within the next few days.

Would sending my application for approval and then mailing my passport afterwards affect my application in anyway?

The reason I want to do it right away is because I will have to leave Canada for a few months in September, and I'm afraid the visa won't arrive on time for that.

Any help will be very appreciated!

Well Wisher

May 23, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2012
Nomination.....
December 2012
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
File Transfer...
27-02-2013
Med's Request
03-03-2013
Med's Done....
13-03-2013
Passport Req..
03-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2013
LANDED..........
20-07-2013
Agetro,

You can apply for your TRV using Online application. In this case you dont have to send your passport initially but when your visa is ready CPP-O will ask you to send the passport to them. My friend just did this couple of weeks ago. His application was all processed (within 15-20 dyas) and then he got email to submit the original passport so they can stamp it with TRV. He sent the passport to Ottawa and received it back in 1 week with the TRV. Simple isn't it. ;D

Best of Luck.!

agetro

Jul 5, 2013
Well Wisher said:
Agetro,

You can apply for your TRV using Online application. In this case you dont have to send your passport initially but when your visa is ready CPP-O will ask you to send the passport to them. My friend just did this couple of weeks ago. His application was all processed (within 15-20 dyas) and then he got email to submit the original passport so they can stamp it with TRV. He sent the passport to Ottawa and received it back in 1 week with the TRV. Simple isn't it. ;D

Best of Luck.!

Thanks a lot Wisher!
I thought I could only do it on paper, but I just checked. Although now I will have to pay for the online application, I paid for the paper one already :( but as long as I get my visa on time it's worth it. Thanks again!