+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV application outside Canada after receiving PGWP from within Canada

mitsuch

Jul 1, 2024
Hello,

I have recently received my PGWP after completing a four year course in Canada. I had applied for my PGWP while I was still within Canada, so I didnt receive a TRV along with it. Now, I am back in my home country (India) as I was visiting family after a death occurred, and am now confused about the application process for the TRV.

When applying online, depending on what I put in, I either receive the option to apply for the PGWP or for TRV depending on whether I put India or Canada as my current country of residence. I am technically in India right now, even though I spent the last 3.5 years in Canada for my university studies.

1. Is putting Canada in as Current country of residence the correct way to get the option for TRV application?
2. There is a video I watched on YouTube that said if you are applying from outside Canada for the TRV, you need to check yes when it asks about LMIA even if you do not have a job letter, and then fix it later on a step where it asks whether your work permit is open or not. This then gives the option for foreign visitor visa application, and it does not explicitly say TRV. I am not sure about this since it seems a bit sketchy. Link:
3. When applying, what do I input for my mailing address/residential address? Does it need to be a Canadian or Indian address? I had entered a Canadian address when applying for the PGWP.
4. What to fill in for "country where applying" on the IMM5257 form?