+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV after USA B1 B2 visa

amolkawale

Mar 10, 2012
Hi, I am posting this question again as I am not able to access my own question (even though it has nine replies).

Here it is. My mother is an Indian citizen. She is currently in USA on valid B1 visitor visa. Can she apply for Canadian TRV visa to 'Buffalo' office while in USA. My sister resides in Canada as a permanent resident (currently searching for job). Does she need an invitation letter from her ? Also, what all document she will need to submit to prove that she will go back to her country.

ashokcan

Apr 28, 2011
amolkawale said:
Hi, I am posting this question again as I am not able to access my own question (even though it has nine replies).

Here it is. My mother is an Indian citizen. She is currently in USA on valid B1 visitor visa. Can she apply for Canadian TRV visa to 'Buffalo' office while in USA. My sister resides in Canada as a permanent resident (currently searching for job). Does she need an invitation letter from her ? Also, what all document she will need to submit to prove that she will go back to her country.
Hi Amolkawale,

Your mother is an Indian citizen . She can't apply for Canadian TRV from USA. She has to apply from her home country (country of residence) . 8)

amolkawale

Mar 10, 2012
Hi Ashokcan,

Thanks for replying. I was assuming, country of residence is the country where the person is currently (USA in case of my mother) whereas INDIA is her country of citizenship & permanent residence. When I looked at the application form, it does have 'visitor' as one of the status in 'country of residence' question. Can you please point me to any specific resource/link where it is mentioned that person can not apply for TRV from a country of visit. Thanks in advance.

ashokcan

Apr 28, 2011
amolkawale said:
Hi Ashokcan,

Thanks for replying. I was assuming, country of residence is the country where the person is currently (USA in case of my mother) whereas INDIA is her country of citizenship & permanent residence. When I looked at the application form, it does have 'visitor' as one of the status in 'country of residence' question. Can you please point me to any specific resource/link where it is mentioned that person can not apply for TRV from a country of visit. Thanks in advance.
Hi Amolkawale,

To remove any doubts on this matter, you can call or send e-mail to any travel agents dealing with package tours to USA or Canada. If your mother had been legally working or living in USA and keeping her Indian Passport then she could apply for TRV from USA. But her status in USA is just visitor. Any way, get in touch with travel agent, they can answer you. 8)

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ashokcan said:
Hi Amolkawale,

To remove any doubts on this matter, you can call or send e-mail to any travel agents dealing with package tours to USA or Canada. If your mother had been legally working or living in USA and keeping her Indian Passport then she could apply for TRV from USA. But her status in USA is just visitor. Any way, get in touch with travel agent, they can answer you. 8)
Sorry, but she can apply for a TRV in the US. Whether she gets it is another matter. The Visa office may decide that she has no ties to the US and refuse and that basis. But she still can apply.

ashokcan

Apr 28, 2011
PMM said:
Hi

Sorry, but she can apply for a TRV in the US. Whether she gets it is another matter. The Visa office may decide that she has no ties to the US and refuse and that basis. But she still can apply.
Sure she can apply from US and let the visa officer decide .

Cheers...........

GernalJuma

Dec 11, 2012
Yes your mother can apply. My father is in the same circumstance as your mother and he applied to the NY Consulate and got his visa.