+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Trimming the fat from my profile post ITA

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I just got my ITA last Friday and I will like to remove the educational and work experience entries that hasn't scored any points for me.

So my Educational profile goes as following:
PhD --- Still in progress ---- Didn't count towards the EE score
Masters --- Achieved with ECA --- count towards the EE score
Bachelors --- Achived with NO ECA --- Score : Didn't count towards the EE score

Work Experience:
RA/TA ---- NOC 4012 ---- Canadian Experience (While being full time student) --- 2 years part time (20hrs/wk) --- Didn't count towards the EE score
Multimedia designer ---- NOC 5241 --- International Experience ---- 3+ years full time --- count towards the EE score

Can I safely remove the ones that didn't count towards my EE score without the fear of misrepresentation?

Thanks

cantn

Star Member
Jul 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Once you get an ITA, you cannot change the profile. Best is to decline the ITA, modify the profile, and wait for another draw. Looking at the current trend, I would'nt be too worried about getting a second ITA.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anything on work experience and education that doesn't count towards CRS points and/or program eligibility can be safely removed from your post ITA profile.

brunofuster

Star Member
Apr 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2015
AOR Received.
16-04-2015
Doda said:
Hi,

I just got my ITA last Friday and I will like to remove the educational and work experience entries that hasn't scored any points for me.

So my Educational profile goes as following:
PhD --- Still in progress ---- Didn't count towards the EE score
Masters --- Achieved with ECA --- count towards the EE score
Bachelors --- Achived with NO ECA --- Score : Didn't count towards the EE score

Work Experience:
RA/TA ---- NOC 4012 ---- Canadian Experience (While being full time student) --- 2 years part time (20hrs/wk) --- Didn't count towards the EE score
Multimedia designer ---- NOC 5241 --- International Experience ---- 3+ years full time --- count towards the EE score

Can I safely remove the ones that didn't count towards my EE score without the fear of misrepresentation?

Thanks
I don't think so. My wife scored no points for work experience and I had to submit her reference letters (asked my lawyer if we could skip it given that she scored 0, he said no, we gotta send everything you put there).

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OK.. now I'm confused.. should or shouldn't I? The logic, as Asivad mentioned, that as long as it doesn't effect my score it can be safely removed. Here's the problem.. I actually DID remove them prior to receiving the ITA and initial locked profile indicates so, but when I started the application I found the old entries there with the option to modify or delete them.

cantn

Star Member
Jul 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In that case, it would be ok to remove it from the application. CIC website states that
If you are invited to apply for permanent residence, you may need to show proof of the information you gave us in your Express Entry profile. We will refuse your application if the information in your profile is different from what you submitted in your application.
As long as the information in your final application is not different from the locked profile, you should be ok.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cantn said:
In that case, it would be ok to remove it from the application. CIC website states that As long as the information in your final application is not different from the locked profile, you should be ok.
In fact, it would still be fine if the 2 profiles don't match completely provided the change doesn't affect CRS scores and/or program eligibility. CIC doesn't demand full disclosure on education and work history.

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cantn said:
In that case, it would be ok to remove it from the application. CIC website states that As long as the information in your final application is not different from the locked profile, you should be ok.
Well here is where I'm confused.. why is my locked profile different from the post ITA profile..why did it contain old data? If the locked profile is the final score proving evidence, then I will match my education and work experience to that profile.

Thanks.

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
In fact, it would still be fine if the 2 profiles don't match completely provided the change doesn't affect CRS scores and/or program eligibility. CIC doesn't demand full disclosure on education and work history.
Thanks Asivad... I believe so also, just wanted to make sure.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doda said:
Well here is where I'm confused.. why is my locked profile different from the post ITA profile..why did it contain old data? If the locked profile is the final score proving evidence, then I will match my education and work experience to that profile.

Thanks.
It happened to me, too. I had updated my profile just before getting ITA and it hadn't been changed officially yet, but I was able to change it on my aPR.

sonic1992

Jul 17, 2015
Doda said:

Thanks.
Hey I had a similar issue. My proof of funds # in my locked EE profile changed back to a value I posted 6 months ago as soon as I received my ITA, despite me having edited it a few times as a my situation changed. I've sent the issue to CIC technical support and waiting to hear back. Will let you know what I find out!

vsgautam

Star Member
Apr 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-10-2015
Passport Req..
19 March 2016
brunofuster said:
I don't think so. My wife scored no points for work experience and I had to submit her reference letters (asked my lawyer if we could skip it given that she scored 0, he said no, we gotta send everything you put there).
I have also submitted my EE profile and entered spouse work exp although not claiming ant pts for it as it os of outside Canada. I have been told on this forum that job ref letter for my spouse would not be a requirement. My questions are -

1. Did you claim Canada work exp pts for your spouse, in which case you may be asked for job reference letter.
2. Does the check document check list post ITA specifcally asks for spouse's job reference letter too or is it just your lawyer who is stating this?

VSG

kaulvirus

Star Member
Nov 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brunofuster said:

Ok, this is alarming to me. Do we need to furnish reference letters for our spouses as well? Or perhaps, you gained some points from your spouse's employment in Canada which CIC needs to verify? Do we still need to provide reference letters if we didn't score any points from our spouse's employment?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kaulvirus said:

Ok, this is alarming to me. Do we need to furnish reference letters for our spouses as well? Or perhaps, you gained some points from your spouse's employment in Canada which CIC needs to verify? Do we still need to provide reference letters if we didn't score any points from our spouse's employment?
No. But if you mention their work experience or education details in your profile (strictly irrelevant if you're not claiming points for those), the system will prompt you to upload those documents. You can remove them from your post ITA profile and the system no longer asks you to upload such documents.

Reginald

Jun 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
SCH A Oct 20
AOR Received.
Sep 24
@ Asivad,

Your responses are always so on point. Do you work for CIC?