+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel History if use NEXUS Card to enter US and Canada

kis7ooskarr

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Is anyone using NEXUS Card to enter US and Canada after getting PR?

When you use NEXUS instead of PR Card to enter Canada, does CBSA have the same travel history as we use PR Card to enter? Would there be any issues with our travel history when we renew PR or apply for citizenship?

Thank you for sharing experience in advance.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
I've had NEXUS since 2011. I would imagine that both CBSA and CBP would have access to your entries when using NEXUS.

I applied for citizenship in April 2013 and became a citizen in December 2013. No issues with travel history.

kiwi38

Jun 12, 2013
I just used Nexus for the first time to enter the US. Apparently the online I94 system is not linked to the Global Entry system, so the entry does not show up online. However, I would assume both the CBSA and the CBP have ways to aggregate all your means of entry. I plan to keep a scanned copy of all my travel as backup.

kis7ooskarr

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
kiwi38 said:
I just used Nexus for the first time to enter the US. Apparently the online I94 system is not linked to the Global Entry system, so the entry does not show up online. However, I would assume both the CBSA and the CBP have ways to aggregate all your means of entry. I plan to keep a scanned copy of all my travel as backup.
thanks for sharing. i will ask CBSA during the interview to see if they have ways to link the two systems. will keep you posted.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
kis7ooskarr said:
Is anyone using NEXUS Card to enter US and Canada after getting PR?
All the time.

When you use NEXUS instead of PR Card to enter Canada, does CBSA have the same travel history as we use PR Card to enter?
If you have a P/R card, you are supposed to get that added to the NEXUS profile, at which point it will show the same things.

Would there be any issues with our travel history when we renew PR or apply for citizenship?
No. If you want a copy, request it using the NEXUS id number, not the P/R card number.

Justice4B

Feb 19, 2011
Hi, friends -

Did anyone have this experience with their CBP travel history? I have my travel history and the weirdest info on it is causing havoc. While I will be trying to get clarification from CBP, if anyone has had this issue, and had been able to resolve it, please advise.
Issue is that in about 2-3 places in the history for a particular year, the History shows me as driving the Vehicle over Peace Bridge, then shows me like 1 or 2 hrs later, going over the "PED'. This raises suspicion that I drove the Car out of Canada then came back walking, then went back walking. I am from a country that I would be too scared to want to walk over the bridge, even if there is nothing wrong with that, provided I have my credentials on hand. So, I never ever walked across the Peace bridge. If I exited CDA by vehicle, it was to either go just to Buffalo, or much further South into USA.
Appreciate any info/experience someone on the forum may have had. Thanks.

Dec 14, 2014
Justice4B said:
Hi, friends -

Did anyone have this experience with their CBP travel history? I have my travel history and the weirdest info on it is causing havoc. While I will be trying to get clarification from CBP, if anyone has had this issue, and had been able to resolve it, please advise.
Issue is that in about 2-3 places in the history for a particular year, the History shows me as driving the Vehicle over Peace Bridge, then shows me like 1 or 2 hrs later, going over the "PED'. This raises suspicion that I drove the Car out of Canada then came back walking, then went back walking. I am from a country that I would be too scared to want to walk over the bridge, even if there is nothing wrong with that, provided I have my credentials on hand. So, I never ever walked across the Peace bridge. If I exited CDA by vehicle, it was to either go just to Buffalo, or much further South into USA.
Appreciate any info/experience someone on the forum may have had. Thanks.
I recently got nexus card... Im travelling Out and back to canada twice a week. Can I look at Nexus travel history online just for sake of curiosity? I tried searching for it but looks like I can do that based on http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/req-dem-priv-eng.html

Is there any other way to do it? Something which doesn't interfere with PR/Citizenship process later on.