+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Translation of the original notarized copy stamps?

ROCIOLIVELY

Jul 26, 2024
Hello, please I don't understand this: from the IMM 5533 checklist:
"(...) Include a notarized (certified) translation with a certified copy of the original document (...)"

I am from Peru. I had my ID card translated by an official translator in Canada. I sent her a copy of my document without notarizing it. She has already finished it.
Then, here in Peru I have had my ID card notarized. What do I do?

I just realized that the notarized copy of my ID Card will come out with new notary stamps.

What do I do with those new stamps that will appear on my original copy?

Can I send my translated ID card and my notarized copy of the ID card to immigration without those translated stamps? Is it necessary for these stamps to be translated??

Thank you very much for clarifying this doubt.

Rocío López

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello, please I don't understand this: from the IMM 5533 checklist:
"(...) Include a notarized (certified) translation with a certified copy of the original document (...)"

I am from Peru. I had my ID card translated by an official translator in Canada. I sent her a copy of my document without notarizing it. She has already finished it.
Then, here in Peru I have had my ID card notarized. What do I do?

I just realized that the notarized copy of my ID Card will come out with new notary stamps.

What do I do with those new stamps that will appear on my original copy?

Can I send my translated ID card and my notarized copy of the ID card to immigration without those translated stamps? Is it necessary for these stamps to be translated??

Thank you very much for clarifying this doubt.

Rocío López
I'd suggest you do what I described in the other thread you started. Mixing a translation from one country and notarized copy from another probably won't work.