+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Translation Affidavit in France?

ALTN

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Quote from this link:
If a supporting document is in a language other than English or French, the applicant must provide IRCC with:
  • the English or French translation; and
  • an affidavit from the person who completed the translations; and
  • a certified photocopy of the original document.
The definition of an affidavit from this link:
An affidavit for a translation is a document that says the translation is a true and accurate version of the original text.

The translator swears that their translation is a true and accurate representation of the contents of the original document. The translator does this in front of a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the country where they live.
I just finished a phone conversation with a certified translator here in France, and she said that she's never been asked for an affidavit in the past, and that she can only generate certified copies at the court in Paris.

Has anyone in France went through this in the past? and if so can-I get a reference to a good translator who would fulfill all CIC translation requirements?

Thank you

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Quote from this link:

The definition of an affidavit from this link:

I just finished a phone conversation with a certified translator here in France, and she said that she's never been asked for an affidavit in the past, and that she can only generate certified copies at the court in Paris.

Has anyone in France went through this in the past? and if so can-I get a reference to a good translator who would fulfill all CIC translation requirements?

Thank you
I see you didn't get an answer yet.
My advice would be to insist you get an affidavit from the translator. IRCC indeed requires it, especially for foreign translators.
Tell her it's for immigration purposes, and document wouldn't be valid otherwise.
You indeed run the risk of having your application forwarded for additional review and cause unnecessary delays.

Reactions: ALTN

ALTN

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Thank you @Peacekeeper87 for your help!

I ended up reaching out to a Canadian translator to do the work for me. I found one in this website, which seems legit. The translator agreed to translate, generate an affidavit, and send the docs back over to France for a reasonable price.

ALTN

Star Member
May 16, 2016
I received a copy of my translated diplomas today, would IRCC accept a translation with a seal/signature overlapping with other text?

The seal is hardly readable because of the overlapping.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
I received a copy of my translated diplomas today, would IRCC accept a translation with a seal/signature overlapping with other text?

The seal is hardly readable because of the overlapping.
Hard to tell without a visual.
But I'll go out on a limb and say that both text and seal should of course be visible and readable.

Reactions: ALTN

ALTN

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Hard to tell without a visual.
But I'll go out on a limb and say that both text and seal should of course be visible and readable.
Yes, I already asked the translator to fix the overlapping... still waiting, worst case I'll go with another translator.