+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Translated document + original notarized document (not translated)

ROCIOLIVELY

Jul 26, 2024
I made a mistake, I sent my documents to be translated in Canada first, by email. But I did not send them to the notary. The translator has already done her job, she has finished the translations and now I am just taking them to the notary. Because of that, there are new stamps because it has been notarized. Question: Can I attach my translated document, without the notary stamps? That is, I attach my translated document + original notarized document (not translated)

How I fix this?

Thank you so much

Rocio Lopez

amye2024

Jul 17, 2024
Isn't that what's required? I hope so because that's what I did. They say you have to have any photocopy that's not originally in English or French certified and also have it translated. Personally I used two different people for that (a notary public and a certified Canadian translator). Obviously those are different documents I attached separately but gave them matching titles. Seems to me like that's the only way to do that unless you get the translations done by the notary as well.

amye2024

Jul 17, 2024
From the guide:
For any documents that are not in English or French, you must attach the following, unless your checklist specifies otherwise:
*a certified copy of the original document; and
*The English or French translation, and
*An affidavit from the person who completed the translation. See Translation of documents below.