+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transit visa time

SS1983

May 4, 2017
Has anyone applied for transit visa for Canada? Do you know how long it takes? My parents are travelling to US via Canada. They are waiting for transit visa. The flight is in 2 weeks. If we need to make changes to flight, it would be nice to know now. They submitted the application on April 20th.
Any help will be appreciated. Thank you

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
SS1983 said:
Has anyone applied for transit visa for Canada? Do you know how long it takes? My parents are travelling to US via Canada. They are waiting for transit visa. The flight is in 2 weeks. If we need to make changes to flight, it would be nice to know now. They submitted the application on April 20th.
Any help will be appreciated. Thank you
It can take up to 12 weeks to have an answer. That is why it is not recommended to buy tickets if you do not have all required visas.

Usually it takes 1 to 3 weeks to process, so you are above average. You need to prepare for worst case scenario.

karenr

Apr 7, 2017
Jalex23 said:
It can take up to 12 weeks to have an answer. That is why it is not recommended to buy tickets if you do not have all required visas.

Usually it takes 1 to 3 weeks to process, so you are above average. You need to prepare for worst case scenario.
My boyfriends application is now 4'weeks with no answer. I wrote we have been dating for almost 4 years and included my 4 visas into Canada. We were told it is mandatory for him to get a medical so we did. What is his chances? I took full responsibility for him in my invitation letter and showed some of my assets like owning a house and high end car. So nervous!!!

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
karenr said:
My boyfriends application is now 4'weeks with no answer. I wrote we have been dating for almost 4 years and included my 4 visas into Canada. We were told it is mandatory for him to get a medical so we did. What is his chances? I took full responsibility for him in my invitation letter and showed some of my assets like owning a house and high end car. So nervous!!!
For a transit visa? That is way too much...

Anyway, you can only wait. Good luck.

karenr

Apr 7, 2017
Jalex23 said:
For a transit visa? That is way too much...

Anyway, you can only wait. Good luck.
Sorry I included my 4 tourist visas to India to visit him. This is his first time coming to canada. When I contacted and spoke to the CIC they said it said mandatory to get a medical. He applied online April 6 and plans to visit for 3 weeks on his work holiday. We applied for a tourist visa.

What are his chances showing we are in a relationship? I didn't say we plan to marry but I think it's obvious. We are not engaged but think we will be when he comes.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
karenr said:
You don't want to provide a ton of proof of your relationship. That just makes CIC concerned he has plans to remain in Canada long term. You want to focus on providing strong evidence of his ties his home country.

karenr

Apr 7, 2017
scylla said:
You don't want to provide a ton of proof of your relationship. That just makes CIC concerned he has plans to remain in Canada long term. You want to focus on providing strong evidence of his ties his home country.
Humm, in his employment letter it states the vacation period of his job. I also wrote this in my letter of intent. He has to be back cause he's a manager of a team of 24 people. Does that sound strange enough cause it's true?!!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
karenr said:
Humm, in his employment letter it states the vacation period of his job. I also wrote this in my letter of intent. He has to be back cause he's a manager of a team of 24 people. Does that sound strange enough cause it's true?!!!
Hard to say. It's typically harder to get approved if you are single since you have less ties to your home country. Has he traveled to other countries before requiring visas such as the US or UK? If so, that will help. If not, that will make it more difficult to be approved. Does he have any assets in his home country (e.g. property ownership)?

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
karenr said:
My boyfriends application is now 4'weeks with no answer.
Way too early to expect an answer. It can be up to 16 weeks, so be patient.

karenr said:
I wrote we have been dating for almost 4 years and included my 4 visas into Canada. We were told it is mandatory for him to get a medical so we did. What is his chances?
So you made it clear he is coming for the "next step". CIC will have strong reason to think he is coming to marry you and start sponsorship without leaving.

karenr said:
I took full responsibility for him in my invitation letter and showed some of my assets like owning a house and high end car. So nervous!!!
Is his economical position better than yours? If not then you made it clear at he can take advantage of it, overstay and even look for a job without money concerns.

You cannot "take full responsibility" for anyone but yourself and your dependants.

karenr said:
He applied online April 6 and plans to visit for 3 weeks on his work holiday. We applied for a tourist visa.
Three weeks seem a little too much. As Scylla mentioned, hopefully he does common three week visits to other countries that require visas. If not this seems out of place.

karenr said:
What are his chances showing we are in a relationship? I didn't say we plan to marry but I think it's obvious. We are not engaged but think we will be when he comes.
Yes, it is obvious, thus CIC will be concerned that he is not "just visiting".

Best of lucks.

karenr

Apr 7, 2017
Thanks Jalex,
He is coming here for 3 weeks cause there is so much to see and do and it will be our first time together outside of India. He's only been to Thailand, Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam and we have provided his visas for that. I do make way more money then him and he doesn't have any asse like a home. He's a manager of 24 staff so it was written that he and all the workers get 2 months vacation and he has to be back in July.
Trust me he will be returning back home, there is no thought he will stay baecause of his job. We figure he will work for another year in India and we will get married there in a year. I wrote in my letter that I will cover all his expenses here cause he's my guest and I own a house etc...I gave all of my business details, home address etc....
Really we are legit I hope it is conveyed....
Does having biometrics help or anything else? We are honest people.

karenr

Apr 7, 2017
scylla said:
Hard to say. It's typically harder to get approved if you are single since you have less ties to your home country. Has he traveled to other countries before requiring visas such as the US or UK? If so, that will help. If not, that will make it more difficult to be approved. Does he have any assets in his home country (e.g. property ownership)?
He's only been to south east Asia. He works in a boat full time but in monsoon season he gets off 6 to 8 weeks. He has really no assets his main tie to India is his job as a manager of 24 staff. He has a pretty high job in his field and must return back in July.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
karenr said:
Thanks Jalex,
He is coming here for 3 weeks cause there is so much to see and do and it will be our first time together outside of India. He's only been to Thailand, Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam and we have provided his visas for that. I do make way more money then him and he doesn't have any asse like a home. He's a manager of 24 staff so it was written that he and all the workers get 2 months vacation and he has to be back in July.
Trust me he will be returning back home, there is no thought he will stay baecause of his job. We figure he will work for another year in India and we will get married there in a year. I wrote in my letter that I will cover all his expenses here cause he's my guest and I own a house etc...I gave all of my business details, home address etc....
Really we are legit I hope it is conveyed....
Does having biometrics help or anything else? We are honest people.
Like I mentioned in my replies to your posts in the other thread, submitting additional proofs of relationship may prove to be counter-productive as IRCC would believe he is coming to marry you/file for inland PR/overstay.

Unfortunately, none of the countries that he has visited count as 'Travel History' for a Canada TRV.

His only strong tie to India is his job. But, this is a seasonal job dependent on the relatively unpredictable Indian monsoons = Not a strong employment tie

He is not expected to give biometrics as an Indian passport holder

You had mentioned about medicals. Normally, this is not requested for TRV applicants who are visiting for less than 6 months. Did he work/live for 6+ months in a medical designated country prior to applying?

He's only been to south east Asia. He works in a boat full time but in monsoon season he gets off 6 to 8 weeks. He has really no assets his main tie to India is his job as a manager of 24 staff. He has a pretty high job in his field and must return back in July.
Monsoons normally start in June/end-June. No one in a boat-kind of a job would venture out into the sea in July. I'm curious to know why he must return to a boat job by July when monsoons are at their peak.

I truly hope he gets a TRV because he has a weak application

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
karenr said:
Trust me he will be returning back home, there is no thought he will stay baecause of his job.
You do not have to convince me.

I agree with Bryanna. The application seems weak.

Good luck.

karenr

Apr 7, 2017
Bryanna said:
Like I mentioned in my replies to your posts in the other thread, submitting additional proofs of relationship may prove to be counter-productive as IRCC would believe he is coming to marry you/file for inland PR/overstay.

Unfortunately, none of the countries that he has visited count as 'Travel History' for a Canada TRV.

His only strong tie to India is his job. But, this is a seasonal job dependent on the relatively unpredictable Indian monsoons = Not a strong employment tie

He is not expected to give biometrics as an Indian passport holder

You had mentioned about medicals. Normally, this is not requested for TRV applicants who are visiting for less than 6 months. Did he work/live for 6+ months in a medical designated country prior to applying?

Monsoons normally start in June/end-June. No one in a boat-kind of a job would venture out into the sea in July. I'm curious to know why he must return to a boat job by July when monsoons are at their peak.

I truly hope he gets a TRV because he has a weak application
I'm so shocked. I followed all of the guidelines for his application. He works on a tourist boat for a world wide company. The tours are on the Ganges. He's role is vital for all aspects of the boat, tourism etc and yes it does run July to may each year. The boat is high end and people pay 300usd per day, he gets paid even on his time off may and June.
When we logged online to the CIC it states medical are necessary for tourist visas and I called them to double check and spoke to a live agent and they said it is absolutely necessary.
You cannot pay for the 100.00 fee without uploading the medical form.
What would you consider a strong application?
We did nothing but tell the truth.