+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transcripts for Education Qualifications

rakesh_xav

Sep 20, 2010
I was going through the Documents checklist for the Education/Training/Qualifications and i realized that I would need to submit the original transcripts in a college sealed envelope.
- Is it absolute necessary to do so, Can the an Certified copy of the Original Degree / Marksheets work ?
- I have done my Masters, do they require the transcripts for both the graduate / post-graduate courses, or will only the post-graduate course transcripts will do?

Thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
rakesh_xav said:
I was going through the Documents checklist for the Education/Training/Qualifications and i realized that I would need to submit the original transcripts in a college sealed envelope.
- Is it absolute necessary to do so, Can the an Certified copy of the Original Degree / Marksheets work ?

A (certified) copy of the degree/diploma is OK, but the transcripts (marksheets) are supposed to be originals, in sealed envelopes, issued by the university. Search this forum for others from your university to find out if they were able to get the transcripts.

- I have done my Masters, do they require the transcripts for both the graduate / post-graduate courses, or will only the post-graduate course transcripts will do?

Both

rakesh_xav

Sep 20, 2010
Thanks JES_ON.

Had a few more questions
1. It would take another ~3 months for me to get the Transcripts(I am not in my own country now), is it advisable if I apply now without transcripts, or is it a risk?
2. If I apply for the immigration now, can i submit the documents later when I have that.
3. I forsee that i would really have trouble getting the transcripts for my Grad courses(will this have some problems )

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
rakesh_xav said:
Thanks JES_ON.

Had a few more questions
1. It would take another ~3 months for me to get the Transcripts(I am not in my own country now), is it advisable if I apply now without transcripts, or is it a risk?
2. If I apply for the immigration now, can i submit the documents later when I have that.

Your application will be returned if it is incomplete (i.e. missing transcripts). So the delay will be longer than if you wait to get all the documents and submit a correct application the first time.

3. I forsee that i would really have trouble getting the transcripts for my Grad courses(will this have some problems )

Why not try it first, before predicting trouble :)

If, after trying, you really cannot get transcripts, do the following -
1) Document your efforts to obtain them (copies of all correspondence, replies)
2) Write a letter explaining the reasons why you cannot get them
3) Get certified copies (assuming you have originals)

Sonic

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
May 8, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
July 23, 2012
Med's Done....
Aug. 1, 2012
Passport Req..
Oct. 15, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 6, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 11, 2012
Does the transcripts need to be really sealed in an envelope? I have a copy on hand which is an original copy with embosed university seal. Will this be okay?

J

jolly404

Sonic said:
Does the transcripts need to be really sealed in an envelope? I have a copy on hand which is an original copy with embosed university seal. Will this be okay?
hello sonic!
did u get ur application complete? I am too stuck in the original transcript for my spouse as we are abroad and not able to get the transcript from the college but has the original copy with embosed university seal. Does that work?

Sonic

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
May 8, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
July 23, 2012
Med's Done....
Aug. 1, 2012
Passport Req..
Oct. 15, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 6, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 11, 2012
Hi jolly404, I haven't really filed for CEC. I'm just gathering some information on what documents are really needed to apply for CEC. Sorry if I can't answer your question. If possible, please let me know what happened to your application. Thanks!

oilsand

Star Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2012
There have been instances that applicants for CEC-Work Experience did not send the TOR and was not ask/requested to submit and subsequently got approved and became PR. Others we're not so lucky whose applications were returned.

From OP 25:

10.1. Pass/Fail test
Membership in the class will be based on a pass/fail system where applicants must meet
the minimum qualifying requirements for each criterion to be approved.

For all applicants:

 proficiency in English or French
 maintainance of temporary resident status during periods of work experience used to
qualify for CEC as well as any period of full-time study or training in Canada

For Temporary Foreign Worker Stream:

 qualifying Canadian skilled-work experience

For Post-Graduation Stream:

 qualifying Canadian skilled work experience
 qualifying Canadian educational credential
The document checklist does not even show a transcript under the Work Experience class:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5610E.PDF

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Group 5 on the document checklist does indeed show TRANSCRIPTs as a requirement, but for the principal applicant only. You do not need to include transcripts for a spouse.

oilsand

Star Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2012
jes_ON said:
Group 5 on the document checklist does indeed show TRANSCRIPT as a requirement, but for the principal applicant only. You do not need to include transcripts for a spouse.
Don't you think the documents listed on group/bullet 5 is for Education stream only while group 6 is for Work Experience Stream.

If you look in the CIC website:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp

Your application will be assessed on two requirements if you apply as a temporary foreign worker:

* your work experience and
* your ability in English or French.

If you apply as a graduate of a Canadian post-secondary educational institution with Canadian work experience, it will be assessed using the above requirements, as well as:

* your education.
And this http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/faq/immigrate/cec/cec-faq05.asp

Which substantiate the fact that TOR is not a required document for Work Experience stream. This is purely my observations and if others have any feel free to discuss it.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
oilsand said:
Don't you think the documents listed on group/bullet 5 is for Education stream only while group 6 is for Work Experience Stream.
No, Section 5 is for all applicants. They are likely used in the background/security check, and to verify that you have the education and credentials to be performing the skilled work that you are claiming experience for.

There is also the statement:
"If you have studied in Canada, a copy of your most recent study permit."

The IF indicates that these documents are required whether or not you have studied in Canada, ergo regardless of whether you are applying under the foreign worker stream or the postgraduate stream.

Note that your "pass/fail" criteria don't include "submission of police clearance certificates" either, but those are required of all applicants as well.

J

jolly404

Sonic said:
Hi jolly404, I haven't really filed for CEC. I'm just gathering some information on what documents are really needed to apply for CEC. Sorry if I can't answer your question. If possible, please let me know what happened to your application. Thanks!
Hi sonic!
i just was able toask someone courier my spouse transcript and got it finally in uni sealedenvelope hopefully i will now post my application.

Sonic

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
May 8, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
July 23, 2012
Med's Done....
Aug. 1, 2012
Passport Req..
Oct. 15, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 6, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 11, 2012
Thanks jolly404! goodluck on your application :)

candyman

Aug 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALLO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2011
AOR Received.
04-08-2011
Med's Request
04-08-2011
Med's Done....
15-08-2011
Passport Req..
17-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-11-2011
I am on work permit here in Canada and I have similar problem .. I have all original transcripts (mark sheets) for all the semesters of my graduation and post-graduation from Indian University. Can I simply attach them to my application or should I request for new set of transcripts sealed in an envelop by University.

Any suggestions ..

Amande

Aug 29, 2018
Please anyone tell Transcript is important when students are going to study in canada ? Can i apply for canada student visa only with marks sheets ?? Or transcript is needed ??

Last edited: