15-Nov-2012
Nomination.....
29-Mar-2012 Nomination Extn: 28-Sep-2012
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
Med's Request
16-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
25-Jan-2013 ECAS "Med Rec": 21-Mar-2013 In Process: 05-Sep-2013 Decision Made: 05-Oct-2013
Passport Req..
07-Oct-2013 & 20-Feb-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
10-Mar-2014
ManjuCa said:
Yesterday we sent our file to CIC in MS (MPNP Strategic Initiative stream), and just now realized we forgot to sign one form. Anything we can do now but wait for the CIC to return it back?
Is it possible to send the signed form to them?
Or to communicate with them by email?

We are trying to see if we can still take it back from the courier, but most probably it is already on it's way to NS.

Oh god, what an awful feeling!

Any suggestions?

ManjuCa

Hi ManjuCa,

If you can get it back from the courier service that's the best way. If you can not do it...just my suggestion is, to send the signed document (whichever you missed to sign) and send it to NS including one cover letter. In that cover letter you mention the previous tracking number and the date of ARRIVAL at CIO and add a copy of delivery confirmation of your original package. It may help you but am not very sure. Because when CIO opens your file first time, they don't know that you are sending the signed document to them. Hope you understand what I am saying. But just make a trial to save time.

Thanks,
Sarayu.

sep28

Star Member
Oct 13, 2012
alberta
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
received on 26th november 2012
Nomination.....
02/11/2012
AOR Received.
20/01/2013
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
27/01/2013
Med's Done....
05/02/2013
LANDED..........
already in Canada.. :)
glad to join the november group.. application sent on 20th november and received on 26th in sydney NS, by
GLEN MILLER..!!! 8)

atinsingh

Oct 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-Nov-2012/Resend on 15-Feb-2013
Nomination.....
27-Sep-2012
AOR Received.
02-APR-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
8 MAY 2013 to SGVO / 26 Nov 2013 to NDVO
Med's Request
Not Yet
Med's Done....
Not Yet
Interview........
No idea?
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Hi All,
My application is also delivered by DHL on the 26th and is signed by GLEN Miler.

Indiapnp

Star Member
Nov 4, 2012
sarayu said:
Hi Indiapnp,

That's a good point you need to think about as kavy.sandhu mentioned. Send your new birth certificates to CIO referring the old FedEx package number. They may find your package and add these documents to the old one. And also you can email them about this situation.

Thanks,
Sarayu.

Hi Sarayu, kavy.sandhu & Friends,

I appreciate your inputs. I spoke to a lawyer who suggested that I wait for the CIO's response. Because in some cases they would even accept a copy of Birth Certificate from the GCI. However, I am not sure how much of this a fact or success probability. I was advised that if I courier the document, I am flagging the issue myself which might otherwise just pass through.

I am writing to seeking your opinion to this. Personally, I would have otherwise couriered the document but seeking second opinion do we know of any case in which the document was accepted? Or any other case in which the file was returned?

Also, just to share, I have applied to CIO, Sydney, NS under International Student program. Sarayu, did you apply under the same and to the same office?

Thanks for your help.
Regards,
Indiapnp

sarayu

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Nov-2012
Nomination.....
29-Mar-2012 Nomination Extn: 28-Sep-2012
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
Med's Request
16-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
25-Jan-2013 ECAS "Med Rec": 21-Mar-2013 In Process: 05-Sep-2013 Decision Made: 05-Oct-2013
Passport Req..
07-Oct-2013 & 20-Feb-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
10-Mar-2014
Indiapnp said:
Hi Sarayu, kavy.sandhu & Friends,

I appreciate your inputs. I spoke to a lawyer who suggested that I wait for the CIO's response. Because in some cases they would even accept a copy of Birth Certificate from the GCI. However, I am not sure how much of this a fact or success probability. I was advised that if I courier the document, I am flagging the issue myself which might otherwise just pass through.

I am writing to seeking your opinion to this. Personally, I would have otherwise couriered the document but seeking second opinion do we know of any case in which the document was accepted? Or any other case in which the file was returned?

Also, just to share, I have applied to CIO, Sydney, NS under International Student program. Sarayu, did you apply under the same and to the same office?

Thanks for your help.
Regards,
Indiapnp
Hi Indiapnp,

I know someone who's application was accepted with GCI issued birth certificate, however it was more than 2 years ago. Based on that case only I sent my application, but unfortunately mine was returned. I saw few more applicants as well who's applications were returned due to missing of actual birth certificates.

The only thing is, as per your representative, just wait until you hear back from CIO.

Yes, I also sent my application to CIO Nova Scotia, but under AINP-H1B stream.

Thanks,
Sarayu.

Indiapnp

Star Member
Nov 4, 2012
sarayu said:
Hi Indiapnp,

I know someone who's application was accepted with GCI issued birth certificate, however it was more than 2 years ago. Based on that case only I sent my application, but unfortunately mine was returned. I saw few more applicants as well who's applications were returned due to missing of actual birth certificates.

The only thing is, as per your representative, just wait until you hear back from CIO.

Yes, I also sent my application to CIO Nova Scotia, but under AINP-H1B stream.

Thanks,
Sarayu.
Thanks for the quick response. So it clear my application would be returned as of now. I have my original birh certificate That I will get translated and send perhaps in a couple of days. If there anything in particular that I should be mentioning in my cover letter. I do not have a representative is was just a casual over the phone opinion I took from a lawyer I know.
I would be soon sending the courier. I am wonder whether I should mention as to why I am sending the document or just not explain in my letter.

It's so unfair I called the CIC call centre and they said its ok to send GCI issued birth certificate. Even the lawyer suggests that GCI BC is not acceptable.

Thanks looking for your response.
I am sorry I Dnt understand what's AINP H1B stream. Just wondering if might be different for my case, not sure??
Thanks,
Indiapnp

jagga

Feb 25, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New delhi
App. Filed.......
10 June 2014
Med's Request
2 feb 2016- remedical
Med's Done....
5 feb 2016-remedical
Interview........
1 feb 2016 (Application approved)
Passport Req..
8 MAY 2017
VISA ISSUED...
17 MAY 2017
LANDED..........
20 MAY 2017
hello guys, check out this update: Pilot Project to Print Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) Documents and Permanent Resident Visa Counterfoils by the Case Processing Pilot-Ottawa (CPP-O)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob481.asp

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
jagga said:
hello guys, check out this update: Pilot Project to Print Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) Documents and Permanent Resident Visa Counterfoils by the Case Processing Pilot-Ottawa (CPP-O)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob481.asp
This is a very important news. That means we do not have to deal with office outside Canada from start to end. No more PPR from Detroit thus reducing processing time significantly.

jagga

Feb 25, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New delhi
App. Filed.......
10 June 2014
Med's Request
2 feb 2016- remedical
Med's Done....
5 feb 2016-remedical
Interview........
1 feb 2016 (Application approved)
Passport Req..
8 MAY 2017
VISA ISSUED...
17 MAY 2017
LANDED..........
20 MAY 2017
yea!!! hope so.

Indiapnp

Star Member
Nov 4, 2012
sarayu said:
Hi Indiapnp,

Please see below.

As I said, I was one of the applicant who's application was returned just because of not providing actual birth certificate. Initially I had provided consulate issued birth certificate which was issued based on my passport information, but unfortunately CIO did not accept it and requested for additional documents. CIO has given me 4 alternates which I listed below.

NOTE: Any one of the following document MUST show the full name of the applicant and full name of both parents (OR) just father or mother.

1. Copy of actual birth certificate from Municipal office.

2. Copy of school leaving certificate (10th or 12th class).

3. If actual birth certificate is not available, you should get "No Birth Record" certificate from the municipality. In this case you have to provide CIO a solemn document saying that you are the son/daughter of your parents (self declaration, but not a notarized document).

4. If you can't even get "No Birth Record" certificate from the municipality, your mother or father or both have to provide a notary document confirming that you are their son/daughter. In this case also you have to provide CIO a solemn document saying that you are the son/daughter of your parents (self declaration, but not a notarized document).

If your school leaving certificate doesn't show full name, please DO NOT send it to CIO. I am sure they will return your application to you again.

Hope this helps you. All the very best.

Thanks,
Sarayu.
HI Sarayu,

It ironic, I mailed my 10/12 grade certificates and I also received my file back due to the same reason. I wish I knew this before. Anyways,
I have two questions for our group here and would appreciate your response.

For PNP nominee program
1. What is the validity of the IELTS exam? Mine is more than an year ago is that acceptable?
2. I do not have Canadian visa, however I have a valid work permit, can I still apply or I need to have valid visa to apply for immigration to CIC.

Thank you everyone. Looking forward to your feedback.

Regards,
Indiapnp

sep28

Star Member
Oct 13, 2012
alberta
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
02/11/2012
AOR Received.
20/01/2013
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
27/01/2013
Med's Done....
05/02/2013
LANDED..........
Indiapnp said:
HI Sarayu,

It ironic, I mailed my 10/12 grade certificates and I also received my file back due to the same reason. I wish I knew this before. Anyways,
I have two questions for our group here and would appreciate your response.

For PNP nominee program
1. What is the validity of the IELTS exam? Mine is more than an year ago is that acceptable?
2. I do not have Canadian visa, however I have a valid work permit, can I still apply or I need to have valid visa to apply for immigration to CIC.

Thank you everyone. Looking forward to your feedback.

Regards,
Indiapnp
1. you have to send "no record found" certificate from your local municipal corporation along with 10 or 12th grade certificate, which has your full name on it along with your date of birth.
2. you don't need to have a valid visa to apply. they don't ask for visa or work permit.
3. the validity of your IELTS certificate is wriiten on it, generally it is 2 years from the day you got it, but depends, one year in some cases..!

Indiapnp

Star Member
Nov 4, 2012
sep28 said:
1. you have to send "no record found" certificate from your local municipal corporation along with 10 or 12th grade certificate, which has your full name on it along with your date of birth.
2. you don't need to have a valid visa to apply. they don't ask for visa or work permit.
3. the validity of your IELTS certificate is wriiten on it, generally it is 2 years from the day you got it, but depends, one year in some cases..!
In the letter they say, they can accept secondary school certificate with
Full name
DOB
and Parent(s) name

So take 10/12 th passing certificate is acceptable, unless your experience says something else?

They ask for visa but dnt say "Valid Visa". Nor do they specify the validity of the IELTS.
I plan to resubmit this week or early next week.

Also, it interesting that I can not retrieve my mail that is on its way to the CIO office in NS. Canada post says its against the law.

Thanks,

atinsingh

Oct 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-Nov-2012/Resend on 15-Feb-2013
Nomination.....
27-Sep-2012
AOR Received.
02-APR-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
8 MAY 2013 to SGVO / 26 Nov 2013 to NDVO
Med's Request
Not Yet
Med's Done....
Not Yet
Interview........
No idea?
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Hi Indiapnp,
Can you share your timeline, I am also in the same boat, I have sent birth certificates issued by GCI in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia, However I have added notorized translated copy 10th Certificate, which shows date of birth and parent name. Not sure whether they will accept or send back the file. My file was reached to CIO on 26th Nov.

sep28

Star Member
Oct 13, 2012
alberta
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
02/11/2012
AOR Received.
20/01/2013
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
27/01/2013
Med's Done....
05/02/2013
LANDED..........
Indiapnp said:
In the letter they say, they can accept secondary school certificate with
Full name
DOB
and Parent(s) name

So take 10/12 th passing certificate is acceptable, unless your experience says something else?

They ask for visa but dnt say "Valid Visa". Nor do they specify the validity of the IELTS.
I plan to resubmit this week or early next week.

Also, it interesting that I can not retrieve my mail that is on its way to the CIO office in NS. Canada post says its against the law.

Thanks,
1. what letter are you talking about?
as per my knowledge and with the experiences people shared here, 10 or 12 th certificate just in itself means nothing to them, unless it ia accompnied by either " no record found" certificate,

check this forum..

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t121488.0.html

2.nobody asks for visa dude..!!
check the cic's document checklist

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5690E.pdf

3. just check the VALID TILL line on your IELTS certificate .. why are you confusing yourself, if its valid till the date cic receives your file, its all good in the hood..!!!

4.one your mail is accepted by canada post, its not your property anymore, its canada post's property, and their commitment to deliver the mail comes first, so you can't retrieve it..!!!

Indiapnp

Star Member
Nov 4, 2012
sep28 said:
1. what letter are you talking about?
as per my knowledge and with the experiences people shared here, 10 or 12 th certificate just in itself means nothing to them, unless it ia accompnied by either " no record found" certificate,

check this forum..

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t121488.0.html

2.nobody asks for visa dude..!!
check the cic's document checklist

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5690E.pdf

3. just check the VALID TILL line on your IELTS certificate .. why are you confusing yourself, if its valid till the date cic receives your file, its all good in the hood..!!!

4.one your mail is accepted by canada post, its not your property anymore, its canada post's property, and their commitment to deliver the mail comes first, so you can't retrieve it..!!!
1. I refer to the letter I received in the returned application. it say that a school leaving certificate is acceptable, with my full name, date of birth and name of my parent/parents.
I am confused if you are saying that it is not,
Sarayu can you please confirm.

Alternative, I have my Birth certificate but I need to get it translated to English.
I believe they require translated copy, photocopy of the original and an affidavit from the translator.
I am just trying to Avoid translation if 10/12 passing certificate would work.

2. In Cic's check list section 9,
They ask for valid visa if you are out of your home country, I am working in Canada and I am from India. So I was not sure if they need "valid visa", or work permit suffices.

Thanks all!