+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tracking PNP Feb 2013 applications to CIO Nova Scotia

mr_bhatt

Star Member
Mar 10, 2011
Congrats to you all for receiving AOR.

So we are officially entering MR and AOR(VO) stage. Best of luck for outside applicants. Hope we all get 2nd AOR soon.

Guys, plz keep an eye on new provincial processing time. It should be updated in this week or the following week. Hope it gets shorter.

Regards,

MB

gn53914

Mar 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mr_bhatt said:
Congrats to you all for receiving AOR.

So we are officially entering MR and AOR(VO) stage. Best of luck for outside applicants. Hope we all get 2nd AOR soon.

Guys, plz keep an eye on new provincial processing time. It should be updated in this week or the following week. Hope it gets shorter.

Regards,

MB
Tough to go down for CPP-O with the Buffalo + (some of ) May/June and backwards 2012 back log pending...however for post June applicants the 'actual' time-line has been pretty quick. Combining both will still keep the overall 'average processing time' on the higher side. However once the back log files are cleared the average processing time for inland apps should definitely reduce on paper. For NDVO and other popular VO's the trend has been on increasing side from last few revisions (per my observations) but I seriously hope it comes down for all. E-medical may play a small role in assisting our Wish!! Good luck to us

gn53914

Mar 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rsn said:
eMedical done today.

How long does it usually take update ecas?
3-4 weeks per Westzhu's info after your e-medical reports are received by designated medical office. if you take 1 week for Dr's to send the detail, the total should be roughly around 5 weeks. Keep checking and hopefully we will have a better understanding from our peers on this thread with their practical experiences..since this is a new process. Hrik should be the first one to update us!! Not sure if Cegli got e-medical or regular one done.

Your details have been updated.

gn53914

Mar 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
** Useful info reg application processing - Shared by a Sr. member in another thread**

Background & Security Checks

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

*Yes, that's how a certain Mr. Sharukh Khan was detained for 4.5 hrs in an US port. He was a VIP, thus 4.5 hrs. For u & me -things could be different.
The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

gn53914

Mar 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Found this note on my Dr's webpage. http://www.grunberg.ca

Appointment Information
UPDATE: Immigration Canada is still working out some issues with the new e-medical system. Expect delays with the submission of your medical exam.

Westzhu, Rsn, others who did emedicals -

Did your Dr.'s update you with any such news ?

bertoshea

Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
11-16-2012
AOR Received.
04-03-2013
Med's Request
04-05-2013
Med's Done....
04-17-2013
LANDED..........
Already here
gn53914 said:

Appointment Information
UPDATE: Immigration Canada is still working out some issues with the new e-medical system. Expect delays with the submission of your medical exam.

Apparently there are quite a few teething problems with the new system i.e cic servers crashing, staff unfamiliar with the system, etc. This is causing delays, my doctors said they had a case backlog of 2 weeks now when before they had none. Did my medical today and the xray place were struggling as the staff were a little unfamiliar with the process. Guess its to be expected with the new system. Mine seemed to go in without a hitch though, I'm not concerned.

rsn

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No issues, but the doctor was not happy about the emedical system.

westzhu

Aug 11, 2012
Ottawa, Ontario
Visa Office......
CPP-O Ottawa
NOC Code......
2232 Mechanical Engineering Technologist
App. Filed.......
30 Jul 2012 to SINP ; 21 Feb 2013 to CIO
Nomination.....
05 Feb 2013 SINP
AOR Received.
02 Apr 2013
Med's Request
05 Apr 2013
Med's Done....
09 Apr 2013 ; "Med Rec'd" 16 May 2013
Passport Req..
"In Process" 21 June 2013 ; "PPR" 15 Oct 2013;
VISA ISSUED...
"Decision Made" 14 Oct 2013 ; "Visa Issued" 15 Nov 2013
LANDED..........
23 Nov 2013
gn53914 said:

Appointment Information

Nothing that I know of. It will get there anyway. :p

gn53914

Mar 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Agreed guys! I did some more research and the issue is all about 'expected' vs 'actual' process time. Apparently, the Dr's & immigration Canada expected the timeframe to be less then 1 weeks but its taking around 7 days to 2 weeks. I am sure they will get there soon but for now we are good as far as they send it ;D

wasim_ahmad1

Star Member
Feb 19, 2011
Calgary
Visa Office......
CPP OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Not Required
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2014
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Hi There,

I don't know is it too late or not, but if you could add me to the spread sheet, that would be great. My timeline is as under:

Category/Stream: AINP
Nomination Received: 25 January 2013
Applied from: Canada
Visa Office: CPP Ottawa
Payment: Visa CC
CIO Received: 27 Feb, 2013
Acknowledge Email: 09 April, 2013
MR: Awaiting

Thank you

mrmrlouis

Star Member
Aug 27, 2011
Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo,Egypt
NOC Code......
3131 Pharmacists
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 Mar 2012
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
25 Oct 2012
AOR Received.
11 Mar 2013
IELTS Request
already submitted
File Transfer...
not yet
Med's Request
23 Mar 2014
Med's Done....
28 april 2014
Passport Req..
27 May 2014
VISA ISSUED...
12 june 2014
LANDED..........
4 April 2015
wasim_ahmad1 said:
Hi There,

I don't know is it too late or not, but if you could add me to the spread sheet, that would be great. My timeline is as under:

Category/Stream: AINP
Nomination Received: 25 January 2013
Applied from: Canada
Visa Office: CPP Ottawa
Payment: Visa CC
CIO Received: 27 Feb, 2013
Acknowledge Email: 09 April, 2013
MR: Awaiting

Thank you
hi Wasim
it is never too late to join Feb batch :)
i added ur timeline ,but please tell me when ur visa cc was encashed to complete all the missing infos..
wish u the best of luck
byebye

Kainos

Mar 11, 2013
cryingfreeman1111 said:
Hi Every1,
I'd like to inform this great forum that we've done our Medical Test today 15th April.
We were informed by the clinic that they'll send us the tracking number when they eventually send it.
Thanks every1.
Mrmrlouis, you're doing a wonderful job.

Cryingfreeman1111.
Hi crying freeman. congrats on your progress so far. Can you kindly share your email so i can ask a few questions as regards medicals at Asaju and since we share the same VO. Thanks

cryingfreeman1111

Star Member
Feb 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 April 2012
Nomination.....
9 October, 2012
AOR Received.
14 March 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
11 April 2013
Med's Done....
15 April 2013; E-case Med Recv'd 24 May 2013
Passport Req..
20 August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
28 August 2013
LANDED..........
25 October 2013
Kainos said:
Hi crying freeman. congrats on your progress so far. Can you kindly share your email so i can ask a few questions as regards medicals at Asaju and since we share the same VO. Thanks
Thanks Kainos. You can reach me on ajailabi78@yahoo.com.

Best Regards.

CFM1111.